PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dallas Morning News,

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 01:26 PM
You want WHAT?!? $9.95 a month so I can have the honor of reading your expert opinions on the Cowboys? :eek: Who are your sports columnists, Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John?

No.

Way.

:rolleyes:

BeetDigger
12/11/2006, 02:02 PM
What? You don't think that the expert analysis of Tim Cow-li-shaw and Rick Gosslin is worth that amount?

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 02:48 PM
What? You don't think that the expert analysis of Tim Cow-li-shaw and Rick Gosslin is worth that amount?
Ah so.

They are witty and insightful, no doubt, but I've never heard of them. ;)

I'm not about to pay to know what they think. It's bad enough to have to jump thru the free registration hoop at most newspaper sites, but for DMN to expect to be PAID (plus be subjected to advertising, I expect) is a shocking manifestation of tejas arrogance at its worst. Thank you Ft Worth Star-Telegram for letting me know what the Dallas area thinks of the game last night.

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 02:50 PM
Ah so.

They are witty and insightful, no doubt, but I've never heard of them. ;)

I'm not about to pay to know what they think. It's bad enough to have to jump thru the free registration hoop at most newspaper sites, but for DMN to expect to be PAID (plus be subjected to advertising, I expect) is a shocking manifestation of tejas arrogance at its worst. Thank you Ft Worth Star-Telegram for letting me know what the Dallas area thinks of the game last night.

Use this to get around that "hoop"

http://www.bugmenot.com/

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 04:14 PM
Use this to get around that "hoop"

http://www.bugmenot.com/
Groovy!

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 04:15 PM
I'll just answer your PEEM here, TU, no it doesn't work for pron sites. ;)

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 05:24 PM

buzzkiller

:rolleyes:

ACTUALLY, it seems all those fine opinons - at least what I was looking for - are now right there for free public consumption

BeetDigger
12/11/2006, 06:30 PM

Which emliminates the first question that I had. :texan:

LoyalFan
12/12/2006, 05:09 AM
Here in the (increasingly) Third World formerly known as San Antonio TX USA (Press "Juan" for Eengleesh) we can read the San Antonio Excuse for News online fer free.
Howsomevar, I still pay 10+ bux per mo. for the Sunday paper to be (sporadically) delivered to somewhere within walking distance of my door.
Why? (I hear yew ax,) Well, for the NY Pravda-Times crossword puzl and some of de ads and kewpons.
Yes, real men DO clip 'pons, especially for shotgun shells and discounts on phishing tackle.

LoyalFan (See: 43 Across)