PDA

View Full Version : OSU giving away bowl tickets

Rhino
12/11/2006, 01:06 PM
This is comedy gold.

OSU to give away tickets to fulfill bowl allotment (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsStory.asp?ID=061209_Sp_B2_Donor3242)
Donor helps OSU fulfill its ticket allotment

By MATT DOYLE World Sports Writer
12/9/2006

Oklahoma State will fulfill its 12,000 ticket allotment for the Independence Bowl later this month against Alabama.

University director of marketing Kyle Wray confirmed Friday that an anonymous donor has purchased OSU's remaining ticket allotment, which is in excess of 3,000. Those tickets will be given to OSU students and faculty and staff members free of charge. There is a limit of two tickets per person.

"I think it is a great opportunity for our faculty, staff and students to get and go see the game thanks to the goodwill of this person," Wray said. "Two or three days ago this plan came together, and we're just grateful that this was made possible."

The free tickets will be available beginning Monday from the Boone Pickens Stadium south box office. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A valid OSU ID is required to receive the tickets.

The Cowboys meet Alabama in the Independence Bowl on Dec. 28 in Shreveport, La. Kickoff time is 3:30 p.m.

OSUAggie
12/11/2006, 01:07 PM
where's the comedy?

tommieharris91
12/11/2006, 01:12 PM
Because without T. Boone, the game probably wouldn't sell out.

Have fun in Shriveport.

mdklatt
12/11/2006, 01:12 PM
where's the comedy?

If you have to ask....

OSUAggie
12/11/2006, 01:15 PM
maybe if it were a little closer to gameday i'd believe that it wouldn't have sold out... a little far off to claim that, i think.

Sooner in Tampa
12/11/2006, 01:17 PM
If you have to ask....HEH...what do you expect from an aggie? :P

Widescreen
12/11/2006, 01:29 PM
maybe if it were a little closer to gameday i'd believe that it wouldn't have sold out... a little far off to claim that, i think.
If they were at all confident that OSU was going to sell its allotment, they would've told that "donor" thanks but no thanks. Because he just screwed fans outside of the university from being able to buy tickets from OSU's allotment.

KABOOKIE
12/11/2006, 01:33 PM
No, no, no...We're not laughing with you....We're laughing AT you!!!

Big Red Ron
12/11/2006, 01:34 PM
I'm anonymous damnit!

Guns up............errrr...pistols..........errrrr whatever.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2006-08-15-pickens-in.jpghttp://images.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif

MamaMia
12/11/2006, 01:38 PM
They couldn't even sell their allotment? :eek:
Bowl officials don't view that type of fan base as very appealing.

Dio
12/11/2006, 01:47 PM
University director of marketing Kyle Wray confirmed Friday that an anonymous donor for whom OSU's stadium is named has purchased OSU's remaining ticket allotment, which is in excess of 3,000. Those tickets will be given to OSU students and faculty and staff members free of charge. There is a limit of two tickets per person.

fixed

Texas Golfer
12/11/2006, 01:50 PM
Because without T. Boone, the game probably wouldn't sell out.

Have fun in Shriveport.

I really don't think they'd have problems with ticket sales for that game.

Rhino
12/11/2006, 01:55 PM
Blobert said this morning he thinks the anonymous donor is Mike Holder.

Something to the effect of giving back to the students, etc. for all his screw-ups this year. (my words, not his)

yur-out
12/11/2006, 02:02 PM
where's the comedy?
Your school's fan base needs to change their self proclaimed fame from
"We travel well"
to
"WE buy tickets well........errr......at least one of us does".

DrZaius
12/11/2006, 02:07 PM
I bet that they CAN'T give them away.....that is the real humor!

Widescreen
12/11/2006, 02:11 PM
They may be able to give them away if some "anonymous donor" also provides free transportation and lodging. Plus free spending money.

OSUAggie
I bet that they CAN'T give them away.....that is the real humor!

Now that would be sad... If that happens, I'll be able to see the humor.

Funky G
where's the comedy?

The comedy is in the delusion of the OSU fans.....Oh yeah? What about wrestling?

Idiots.

Boomer.....
12/11/2006, 02:19 PM
and this from the "best traveling team in the Big 12". Heh.

MamaMia
12/11/2006, 02:21 PM
Since the ticket giveaway, mule rentals and tent sales in Stillwater have sky rocketed. :P

IronSooner
12/11/2006, 02:23 PM
They need to advertise free calf roping tickets, then give people the Indy bowl tickets. Not like anyone could read enough of the words to find out the difference.

BoonesFarmSooner
12/11/2006, 02:45 PM
Wow! Can't sell out their home game against their biggest rival, can't sell their allotment of bowl game tix and now they are adding on to Rustoleum???

Gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!!!

LSUdeek
12/11/2006, 02:48 PM
They should rename it the "Who Cares" bowl. OSU doesn't care, and damn sure proud Alabama doesn't much care either.

sooner94
12/11/2006, 02:53 PM
They couldn't even sell their allotment? :eek:
Bowl officials don't view that type of fan base as very appealing.

I don't find OSU fans very appealing, just for their summer teeth alone (summer brown, summer yellow, summer there, summer not).

soonersam
12/11/2006, 02:55 PM
New years in Shrevport can be fun. At least I had a blast when we went. Tix were selling at 4 for a dollar. And I was glad and happy to be there, it was our first bowl game in years. Great game!!

Duece Mcallister killed us on that return ......

tommieharris91
12/11/2006, 03:03 PM
The comedy is in the delusion of the OSU fans.....Oh yeah? What about wrestling?

Idiots.

I watched our game vs. shaggies with one of their fans. The first question he asked after we won: "How's your basketball team this year?"

The same fan called me after this year's OU/texas game to rub the loss in my face. I quickly reminded him his team lost their game that day. He didn't care.

Desert Sapper
12/11/2006, 03:10 PM
Why can't we have a supergenerous sugardaddy, too? :rolleyes:

picasso
12/11/2006, 03:25 PM
I watched our game vs. shaggies with one of their fans. The first question he asked after we won: "How's your basketball team this year?"

The same fan called me after this year's OU/texas game to rub the loss in my face. I quickly reminded him his team lost their game that day. He didn't care.
he'd cream his jean shorts if they ever won a conference football title.

ask him if he can spell BCS.

tru2ou
12/11/2006, 03:28 PM
Hey....whow....slow down everyone.

Remember, people know what's happening up there. They know things are changing....T. Boone told me about it.

- TRU

OKLA21FAN
12/11/2006, 03:40 PM
where's the comedy?

here is the punch line

wait for it...................

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1700878&postcount=58

Hells yeah.... OVER 30,000.. Bowl game or home game, we're always gonna have at least 30,000.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/11/2006, 03:41 PM
Because without T. Boone, the Poke's allotment to the game probably wouldn't sell out.

Fixed.

That game won't sell out unless Bama fan has nothing better to do that day.

My guess is Bama fan 3 to 1 over Pokie fan with the rest of the seats empty.

tommieharris91
12/11/2006, 03:46 PM
Hey....whow....slow down everyone.

Remember, people know what's happening up there. They know things are changing....T. Boone told me about it.

So you mean they're catching up with the rest of the football world?

stoopified
12/11/2006, 03:46 PM
where's the comedy?
Where do I statrt?1)oSu cannot sellout 12,000 ticket allotment 2)While they won't mark down tickets in the regular season to have even one sellout,they will take freebies.3) oSu fans think NEON TRAFFIC CONE ORANGE is a good look.4)oSu fans talk about their football tradition like they actually have one. An all-time mark of 482-505-48 doesn't make for tradition,nor does 9 conference titles in 110 years(the last being a three way tie for first in the Big 8 in 1976).Keep on dreamin' cowpukes.

TopDawg
12/11/2006, 04:37 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2006-08-15-pickens-in.jpghttp://images.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif

He's furry.

Mixer!
12/11/2006, 04:43 PM
http://epguides.com/MarriedwithChildren/cast.jpg

"Thank your Uncle Boone, kids."
"Thanks, Boone!"

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/11/2006, 04:59 PM
LMAO! Anonymous donor! :D

bri
12/11/2006, 05:09 PM
Hey, to be fair...it COULD be Garth Brooks.

Taxman71
12/11/2006, 05:35 PM
Hey, to be fair...it COULD be Garth Brooks.

Or Dexter Manley's accountant.

Taxman71
12/11/2006, 05:38 PM
New years in Shrevport can be fun. At least I had a blast when we went. Tix were selling at 4 for a dollar. And I was glad and happy to be there, it was our first bowl game in years. Great game!!

Duece Mcallister killed us on that return ......

I think the game is on a Thursday (12/28/06) this year at 3:30 in the afternoon. I doubt that many pukes can get off for the game being the busy season for hog slaughtering.

SoonerDood
12/11/2006, 06:25 PM
Blobert said this morning he thinks the anonymous donor is Mike Holder.

Something to the effect of giving back to the students, etc. for all his screw-ups this year. (my words, not his)
who was it who said, "If they didn't want Bama fans to get them, just have Holder arrange to increase the price" ?

Pepper
12/11/2006, 08:25 PM
I know a Mizzou fan who went to that bowl last year. He said tickets were $35. What, OSU can't even sell their tickets for that price? That is actually sad. They still represent the state of Oklahoma and it would be better if they actually had some sort of positive public image.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/11/2006, 08:38 PM
So, will Mike Shula coach Bama in that game?

OSUSam
12/11/2006, 08:45 PM
Wow! Can't sell out their home game against their biggest rival, can't sell their allotment of bowl game tix and now they are adding on to Rustoleum???

Gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!!!

this thread is hilarious. If you look at the numbers, OSU has traveled well to every bowl game that they have been in. To suggest that they need someone to do this is ludicrous. It was a good gesture and I am sure STUDENTS enjoy it. Keep in mind, STUDENTS are different than the average fan who probably has a career.

They ran a story the other night on KFOR talking about the hardships of OU students who are sacrificing Christmas money to go to the Fiesta bowl. I am sure they would be too humble to accept a gift from someone at the university because it would make them seem a little "aggy"?

I have to laugh at your logic that OSU has to do this, because they had no trouble selling out Reliant stadium, the Cotton bowl or the Alamo bowl. To suggest they couldn't sell out the independence bowl is a stretch.

101sooner
12/11/2006, 09:10 PM
this thread is hilarious. If you look at the numbers, OSU has traveled well to every bowl game that they have been in. To suggest that they need someone to do this is ludicrous. It was a good gesture and I am sure STUDENTS enjoy it. Keep in mind, STUDENTS are different than the average fan who probably has a career.

They ran a story the other night on KFOR talking about the hardships of OU students who are sacrificing Christmas money to go to the Fiesta bowl. I am sure they would be too humble to accept a gift from someone at the university because it would make them seem a little "aggy"?

I have to laugh at your logic that OSU has to do this, because they had no trouble selling out Reliant stadium, the Cotton bowl or the Alamo bowl. To suggest they couldn't sell out the independence bowl is a stretch.

I have to laugh at the fact that OSU can't sell out their home games.

bri
12/11/2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I'm sure STUDENTS are hard-pressed to take that $35 hit.

I guess it was a choice between a ticket to the actual game, or getting another t-shirt from Eskimo Joe's. Thanks to Uncle Boone, now they can do BOTH!

:eddie: PISTOLS FIRING!!!! :eddie:

Mixer!
12/11/2006, 09:27 PM
So, will Mike Shula coach Bama in that game?

No, Joe Kines will.

tommieharris91
12/11/2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I'm sure STUDENTS are hard-pressed to take that $35 hit.

I guess it was a choice between a ticket to the actual game, or getting another t-shirt from Eskimo Joe's. Thanks to Uncle Boone, now they can do BOTH!

:eddie: PISTOLS FIRING!!!! :eddie:

Remember, we are talking about OSU students.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/11/2006, 09:35 PM
OSU is a bunch of ****ing losers.

picasso
12/11/2006, 11:47 PM
oSu will always travel well to bowl games because they will always be within 6 hours driving distance.

tommieharris91
12/11/2006, 11:50 PM
oSu will always travel well to bowl games because they will always be within 6 hours driving distance.

That's because they're tractors can't go any further.

Big Red Ron
12/11/2006, 11:56 PM
Haha:D

That may be the funniest comment i've seen around here this season! Reminds me of the old days.

orangekaje
12/12/2006, 12:33 AM
That's because they're tractors can't go any further.

We are tractors? ;)

Soonerpsycho
12/12/2006, 12:40 AM
Post of the day.:D

Sooner_Havok
12/12/2006, 12:56 AM
Let's see, OU students have to pony up the $135 for each ticket, at least two hotels in a pretty expensive area, and for at least $200 for gas. So ya, I am making some sacrifices to make it. Pukes have to shell out $35 for a ticket, one hotel in a fairly cheap area, and $100 for gas. See the difference? But hey, we don't need charity to buy OUr tickets for a game more than 1,000 miles away. Whatever I guess, we don't **** sheep either.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/12/2006, 01:13 AM
I wonder if T Boone will buy them all orange t-shirts, too.

But hey, they've beaten us 16 out of the last 101!!

picasso
12/12/2006, 10:28 AM
I wonder if T Boone will buy them all orange t-shirts, too.

But hey, they've beaten us 16 out of the last 101!!
oh they've already printed up Booger Bowl t-shirts.

MikeInNorman
12/12/2006, 10:30 AM
Let's see, OU students have to pony up the $135 for each ticket, at least two hotels in a pretty expensive area, and for at least $200 for gas. So ya, I am making some sacrifices to make it. Pukes have to shell out $35 for a ticket, one hotel in a fairly cheap area, and $100 for gas. See the difference? But hey, we don't need charity to buy OUr tickets for a game more than 1,000 miles away. Whatever I guess, we don't **** sheep either.

Don't forget, it's also the height of tourist season in Phoenix, when the price of everything triples.

Do they have a height of tourist season in Shreveport?

Heck, do they have a tourist season at all in Shreveport?

DenverSooner751
12/12/2006, 10:43 AM
Don't forget, it's also the height of tourist season in Phoenix, when the price of everything triples.

Do they have a height of tourist season in Shreveport?

Heck, do they have a tourist season at all in Shreveport?

Yeah, try to go to the game in AZ and actually do anything while you are there. It's really expensive this time of year.

So once again it would seem as though aggy wants to compare things that you really can not compare. They must have seen that TV report about OU fans struggling as a moral victory for them.

This is by choice you idiot. When I was at OU we made every sacrifice possible to make it to Miami in 2000 for the NC game. Take a minute and reflect on that.....thats right........let it sink in. NC. Your students would sell off their family's double wides so that they could even DREAM of the chance. So don't start thinking for a second that OU students have to do this. It is out of choice. And if they choose to struggle so that they can go support their team, then god bless them for having that kind of school spirit. You guys on the other hand can't even roll out of you hay beds to go to a freaking home game against your in state rivals.... Pathetic.

Of course I can't imagine that you cum dumpsters will ever understand what that feels like because, well......you won't ever be playing for an NC. Not with Gumby at wheel.

picasso
12/12/2006, 11:12 AM
Fiesta Bowl sells out Monday
By Staff Reports
12/12/2006

The University of Oklahoma officially sold out its allotment of 17,500 tickets for the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl as of Monday.

yawnnnnnnnnnn. still want to make comparisons?

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/12/2006, 11:57 AM
They were just confused because their tickets said west side and no one wanted endzone tickets.

1stTimeCaller
12/12/2006, 12:10 PM
Wait for it folks. If they win this game all we're gonna hear is "You know, those gooners lost when they played in the Independance Bowl and won an National Champeenship the next year. We won it so that means that we'll win 2 of them trophies next season."

picasso
12/12/2006, 12:13 PM
Wait for it folks. If they win this game all we're gonna hear is "You know, those gooners lost when they played in the Independance Bowl and won an National Champeenship the next year. We won it so that means that we'll win 2 of them trophies next season."
they actually had a thread wondering if they would have won it all in '00 had they had Stoops and Heupel.:D

swardboy
12/12/2006, 12:18 PM
They were just confused because their tickets said west side and no one wanted endzone tickets.

Pure....Gold.....

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 01:14 PM

I have to laugh at your logic that OSU has to do this, because they had no trouble selling out Reliant stadium, the Cotton bowl or the Alamo bowl. To suggest they couldn't sell out the independence bowl is a stretch.1) That clip on KFOR was an interview with only one student who said himself that he was having no problem coming up with the money to go to the game, and was happy to use his Christmas money.

2) The students at the University of Oklahoma don't consider using their Christmas money to cheer on the Sooners at our annual Bowl game as a "sacrifice."

3) As parents of Sooner students, past, present and future, we know early on, at the time of their birth actually, that we should plan on providing them with Bowl money when their time comes to be in the student section. We plan for it. Its a way of life. :D

http://www.seaton-online.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/Batting%20Eyelashes.gif Our OU students need not depend on the kind gestures of strangers.

DenverSooner751
12/12/2006, 01:38 PM
1) That clip on KFOR was an interview with only one student who said himself that he was having no problem coming up with the money to go to the game, and was happy to use his Christmas money.

2) The students at the University of Oklahoma don't consider using their Christmas money to cheer on the Sooners at our annual Bowl game as a "sacrifice."

3) As parents of Sooner students, past, present and future, we know early on, at the time of their birth actually, that we should plan on providing them with Bowl money when their time comes to be in the student section. We plan for it. Its a way of life. :D

http://www.seaton-online.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/Batting%20Eyelashes.gif Our OU students need not depend on the kind gestures of strangers.

I love you Dad.

Your kids are lucky.
I was a 3rd generation student, my father and my grandfather both went there. Grand dad was working at the Boomer theater in Norman after graduation, during the 47 game run in the 50's. He and my Grandmother would both work two jobs during the fall just so they could afford to go to the road games, including the bowl. Same for my Dad and my Mother, they were there during the Back to Back era of the 70's when Barry was running the show. They two would work multiple jobs so that they could go.

So long story short, they never had a bowl fund for me. They wanted me to scratch it out as they did. Not a bad deal really. But you are right. It is a way of life. Aggy fan does not realize that. Nor will they ever.

This thread makes me laugh. Would be funny if there are still empty seats at the game.

sjt
12/12/2006, 01:56 PM
Being an OU and Bama fan, this is the worst bowl I could have possibly imagined. A crappy bowl and Aggies. Are you guys staying loyal to the Big12 in this or do you even care? As much as I try to pull for the SEC, I secretly enjoy watching TN and AUB choke in their bowl games.

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 02:11 PM
Being an OU and Bama fan, this is the worst bowl I could have possibly imagined. A crappy bowl and Aggies. Are you guys staying loyal to the Big12 in this or do you even care? As much as I try to pull for the SEC, I secretly enjoy watching TN and AUB choke in their bowl games.From reading y'alls boards at the time, I saw where most of you were pulling for LSU in the Sugar Bowl game we played in. That was without a doubt the worse football game experience of my life. Not that we lost, I was also at TGOWWDNS and had a nice time, but the Tiger fans were simply nasty smelling and horrid. Were you people not aware of the company we were having to contend with? Have you no mercy rooting against us for those backwood Joes?

I'm rooting for the Tide, but if the Cowboys win, I will be happy for them. :D

ultimatesooner1
12/12/2006, 02:17 PM
nothing like celebrating a 6-6 season that included tying Baylor for last place in the South

soonerboy_odanorth
12/12/2006, 02:17 PM
Being an OU and Bama fan, this is the worst bowl I could have possibly imagined. A crappy bowl and Aggies. Are you guys staying loyal to the Big12 in this or do you even care? As much as I try to pull for the SEC, I secretly enjoy watching TN and AUB choke in their bowl games.

There are only a handful of teams that I would ever want to see the LoSuRs beat. Bama ain't one of 'em.

(For the record: Texas, Miami, USC, and Notre Dame... and that's about it.)

SoonerJack
12/12/2006, 02:18 PM
The University of Missouri is giving away 1,000 Sun Bowl tickets to students.

sjt
12/12/2006, 02:31 PM
I always root for the Sooners (my wife is an alum and we used to live in Norman). I've been a Bama fan since I was a kid and went to school there so they'll always be my team but OU is running a very close second. I had a tough time with the OU/Bama series a few years ago.

As far as LSU goes, I'm not surprised by the treatment you received in New Orleans. Their fans can be very nasty.

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 03:38 PM
STILLWATER, Okla. - Continuing its strong tradition of football fan support, Oklahoma State has sold all of its 12,000 allotted tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, which pits the Cowboys against Alabama on Dec. 28 at 3:30 p.m. in Shreveport, La.
An anonymous donor purchased OSU’s final 1,500 tickets, which were given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to OSU students, faculty and staff on Monday. In less two hours, those 1,500 tickets were gone.

“Members of the OSU family have stepped up and we will have a sea of orange to support our team in Shreveport,” said Craig Clemons, OSU Vice President for Athletic Development. “Again, we are grateful to the generous contributor who made the last 1,500 tickets possible to new participants.”

OSU is the first school since Ole Miss in 1999 to sell out its allotment of Independence Bowl tickets.

“Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” said OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson. “This type of ticket demand ensures that we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, as well as Bowl Week event tickets, are still available to the public by calling the Independence Bowl Office at 318-221-0712 or toll free at 888-414-BOWL (2695) or by visiting the bowl’s official web site at www.independencebowl.org.

orangekaje
12/12/2006, 03:42 PM
STILLWATER, Okla. - Continuing its strong tradition of football fan support, Oklahoma State has sold all of its 12,000 allotted tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, which pits the Cowboys against Alabama on Dec. 28 at 3:30 p.m. in Shreveport, La.
An anonymous donor purchased OSU’s final 1,500 tickets, which were given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to OSU students, faculty and staff on Monday. In less two hours, those 1,500 tickets were gone.

:rolleyes:

edit: poke4christ beat me to it...

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 03:43 PM
You guys can laugh and make fun all you want, but those are the facts.

-12,000 aloted, all sold more than two weeks before the game.
-Only 1,500 purchased for students, staff, and faculty. Gone within 2 hours.
-Firts team to sell out independance bowl ticket alotment since 1999, OU vs Ole Miss
-Ole Miss was the one that sold out, not OU.

There's not really anything to make fun of here. Try as you might, there just isn't.

Edit: turns out the article I refferenced may have been incorrect about the OU ticket sales. Better article was provided and I'll take that as the difinitive source. OU did sell it's IB allotment.

soonersam
12/12/2006, 03:43 PM
“Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” said OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson. “This type of ticket demand ensures that we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, as well as Bowl Week event tickets, are still available to the public by calling the Independence Bowl Office at 318-221-0712 or toll free at 888-414-BOWL (2695) or by visiting the bowl’s official web site at www.independencebowl.org.
so by attractive you really mean give away tickets ???

colleyvillesooner
12/12/2006, 03:44 PM
Okay then, it's only half as pathetic. :D

orangekaje
12/12/2006, 03:48 PM
so by attractive you really mean give away tickets ???

OSU didn't give them away. They made their money off of them. OU fans are just jealous of OSU's sugar daddies. :P

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 03:51 PM
If you actually believe that OSU wouldn't have sold out the 1,500 tickets that were donated, then you obviously didn't qualify to attend the university you support (or any other for that matter).

If you are just saying it to get in a jab on OSU, then I can live with that.

Oh, and enjoy the Fiesta Bowl. OU sure as heck earned it this year. Probably going to roll all over Boise.

soonersam
12/12/2006, 03:52 PM
OSU didn't give them away. They made their money off of them. OU fans are just jealous of OSU's sugar daddies. :P
and by jealous you mean our sugar daddies have a waiting list before blowing thier endless funds.

shavedmarmoset
12/12/2006, 03:54 PM
There's not really anything to make fun of here. Try as you might, there just isn't.

You mean like not selling out your own stadium?

soonersam
If you actually believe that OSU wouldn't have sold out the 1,500 tickets that were donated, then you obviously didn't qualify to attend the university you support (or any other for that matter).

If you are just saying it to get in a jab on OSU, then I can live with that.

Oh, and enjoy the Fiesta Bowl. OU sure as heck earned it this year. Probably going to roll all over Boise.
No I dont.... I was just there and saw first hand all the empty seats for a home game against YOUR rival.. (not our rival)

MamaMia
I wonder how many Alabama Crimson Tide fans will be there compared to Cowboys?

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/12/2006, 03:58 PM
and I wonder how many of the Bama fans actually went to Bama...

soonersam
12/12/2006, 04:00 PM
Im sure the bama crazies will turn out in full force

sjt
12/12/2006, 04:01 PM
Bama fans normally travel very well but I don't think anyone is terribly excited about this one. There may not be the usual turnout. I think most everyone was hoping for the Music City bowl again since it is closer.

sjt
12/12/2006, 04:03 PM
and I wonder how many of the Bama fans actually went to Bama...

I wonder how many of the Bama students actually went to Bama.
I skipped my share of classes.

orangekaje
12/12/2006, 04:08 PM
No I dont.... I was just there and saw first hand all the empty seats for a home game against YOUR rival.. (not our rival)

You might want to inform the University of Oklahoma.

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 04:12 PM
You mean like not selling out your own stadium?

For the most part you are right, it did suck. However, I think evidence shows that fans were priced out and not refusing to show on their own. Not even the OU fans were willing to pay the high prices of the club level. Just to let you know, every game sold out the standard price tickets. It was the high price ones that were slow to go.

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 04:13 PM
You might want to inform the University of Oklahoma.
Surely you aren't thinking the osu cowboys are our rival are you? You have to know better than that. ;)

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 04:18 PM
Surely you aren't thinking the osu cowboys are our rival are you? You have to know better than that. ;)

Then why was this thread started? Why is it five pages long? Why do you even care? We didn't start it, we are just responding to it.

I'm on here often enough to see that more threads are created about OSU, then about UT. Take this as you will, but if we aren't your rival, then stop posting about us. That is all.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 04:20 PM

“Members of the OSU family have stepped up and we will have a sea of orange to support our team in Shreveport,” said Craig Clemons, OSU Vice President for Athletic Development. “Again, we are grateful to the generous contributor who made the last 1,500 tickets possible to new participants.”

OSU is the first school since Ole Miss in 1999 to sell out its allotment of Independence Bowl tickets.

Tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, as well as Bowl Week event tickets, are still available to the public by calling the Independence Bowl Office at 318-221-0712 or toll free at 888-414-BOWL (2695) or by visiting the bowl’s official web site at www.independencebowl.org. (http://www.independencebowl.org.)

A strong tradition of not selling 1500 tickets. I almost thought Mizzou would out aggy you all, but alas, they didn't go all aggy. aggy has no idea when it comes to winning in football or following a team. Hears hoping there is an ice storm in Shreveport for ya...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 04:22 PM

You can keep that long haired, scruffy necked, old people smelling dude...You need him, we don't.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 04:23 PM
...Probably going to roll all over Boise.

Not a chance, and that is now Boice! as in Boise City, OK.

MamaMia
12/12/2006, 04:25 PM
Then why was this thread started? Why is it five pages long? Why do you even care? We didn't start it, we are just responding to it.

I'm on here often enough to see that more threads are created about OSU, then about UT. Take this as you will, but if we aren't your rival, then stop posting about us. That is all.
We were just pokin' a little fun at y'all. Thats all. No pun intended.
You cowboys are such easy pickins'. No pun meant there either. :P

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 04:29 PM
Not a chance, and that is now Boice! as in Boise City, OK.

:confused:

What? Are you saying that OU has no chance to roll? I don't think you would argue against your own team. Did you missunderstand me?

soonerboy_odanorth
12/12/2006, 04:38 PM
I'm on here often enough to see that more threads are created about OSU, then about UT.

P4C, you seem like a decent sort. But that statement is just plain silly.

It gets so out of control with the Texas posts we had to create a "No Longhorn Tuesday".

We don't even need to bother with a "No Poke x-day", because every day around here is pretty much a No Poke day as is.

And if you guys continue to delude yourselves that you are our chief rival you're going to end up living with a lot of disappointment...just as you do with most of your football seasons.

Thanks for playing.

soonersam
12/12/2006, 04:46 PM
Have fun in Shrevport...
Quit tuggin on Superman's cape...... Enough said!!

soonersam
12/12/2006, 04:50 PM
Texas doesnt give away seats to bowl games. If they were we would be laughing at them equally..

orangekaje
12/12/2006, 05:05 PM
Texas doesnt give away seats to bowl games. If they were we would be laughing at them equally..

OSU gave away seats to bowl games? Where was this mentioned? :confused:

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 05:09 PM
:confused:

What? Are you saying that OU has no chance to roll? I don't think you would argue against your own team. Did you missunderstand me?

Mea Culpa...I miss read it. Thanks for pointing it out. Though we will beat Boice State! ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 05:11 PM
OSU gave away seats to bowl games? Where was this mentioned? :confused:

Surely you jest? Where have you been? oSu gave away 1500 seats due to the largess of Boone Picken$...

soonersam
12/12/2006, 05:14 PM
Can't OSU fans except thier place in the College Football food chain so we can all get along.. Go argue with Baylor fans, I promise you'll have much more in common..

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 05:15 PM
P4C, you seem like a decent sort. But that statement is just plain silly.

It gets so out of control with the Texas posts we had to create a "No Longhorn Tuesday".

We don't even need to bother with a "No Poke x-day", because every day around here is pretty much a No Poke day as is.

And if you guys continue to delude yourselves that you are our chief rival you're going to end up living with a lot of disappointment...just as you do with most of your football seasons.

Thanks for playing.

Well, I'll admit that I don't really look for Texas posts, so I guess I can't really speak for the number of texas posts on here. So, I'll retract my previous statement about that. Also, I never said that I thought OSU was OU's chief rival. But it's just funny how many of you proclaim not to care about OSU, espicially when it's done in a thread like this.

OSUAggie
12/12/2006, 05:19 PM
How does one except one's place?

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 05:21 PM
Surely you jest? Where have you been? oSu gave away 1500 seats due to the largess of Boone Picken$...

I think he's just saying that OSU isn't taking a hit to increase the fans there. It was a donation by someone who cares about OSU. It's no different than if you bought 50 Fiesta Bowl tickets and gave them out to all your OU buds here on soonerfans.com (do it, I know people will love you for it ;)). He just relied on OSU to do the delivery. Also, though Pickens is a Likely possibility, there are plenty of other alumni and donars with enough cash to do this. Also, Pickens has had no problem letting others know of his donations before, why would he now?

soonersam
12/12/2006, 05:21 PM
Sometimes its a hard pill to swallow... You'll figure it out

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 05:24 PM
Sometimes its a hard pill to swallow... You'll figure it out

I think you missed the joke. Someone want to explain it to him?

sooner518
12/12/2006, 05:36 PM
I think you missed the joke. Someone want to explain it to him?
spelling jokes are so 1999

TheHumanAlphabet
12/12/2006, 05:40 PM
I think he's just saying that OSU isn't taking a hit to increase the fans there. It was a donation by someone who cares about OSU. It's no different than if you bought 50 Fiesta Bowl tickets and gave them out to all your OU buds here on soonerfans.com (do it, I know people will love you for it ;)). He just relied on OSU to do the delivery. Also, though Pickens is a Likely possibility, there are plenty of other alumni and donars with enough cash to do this. Also, Pickens has had no problem letting others know of his donations before, why would he now?

I didn't see the joke...winkies are a big help with the sarcasm. You're right, could be many people, but it is so hard not to poke fun at T.Boone...

picasso
12/12/2006, 05:43 PM
are you guys serious? you're on here bragging about buying up your allotted bowl game tickets when you can't even sell out one of the smallest D-1 stadiums in the country?

you couldn't even do it when you had a good product on the field.

SleestakSooner
12/12/2006, 05:51 PM
Can't OSU fans accept their place in the College Football food chain so we can all get along.. Go argue with Baylor fans, I promise you'll have much more in common..

Fixed :D

Hey engineering grads need math much more than writing skills :rolleyes:

You Ags are driving sam to drink can't you see that?:texan:

OKLA21FAN
12/12/2006, 06:32 PM
just look for a half empty D1A stadium under construction, and your will find your destiny!

sooner2b09
12/12/2006, 07:04 PM
Wow, This just proves once again that OSU is nothing without Boone Pickens

http://www.bartholoviews.com/texans/tximages/boonepickens%5B1%5Dsm.gif

Mixer!
12/12/2006, 07:39 PM
what do you do with your free Indy Bowl tickets (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230064212889)?

:les: ARNJ!!!!!

Piware
12/12/2006, 08:01 PM
For the most part you are right, it did suck. However, I think evidence shows that fans were priced out and not refusing to show on their own. Not even the OU fans were willing to pay the high prices of the club level. Just to let you know, every game sold out the standard price tickets. It was the high price ones that were slow to go.

There are other OU fans that probably felt the same way I did. (A) The $100 ticket was Holder's way of gouging Sooner fans the same way he has been doing with the pokes(B) the club level ticket price was to try to squeeze a donation out of OU fans that wouldn't give the Ags the time of day and (C) he was hoping for a one-sided showing at the "rivalry" game trying to give the pokies an advantage. Didn't work but I hope our athletic department returns the favor next year in Norman.

Go worry about Bama and quit trying to justify the goofy things OSU does.

yur-out
12/12/2006, 10:25 PM
just look for a half empty D1A stadium under construction, and your will find your destiny!
Except there are no seats in the constrution end zone........wait....... just figured out for Aggie how to "except ones place".
Go to your place Aggie
Except there is not a seat over there .
;)

Ash
12/12/2006, 10:29 PM

Well...that's one way to spin it.:rolleyes:

poke4christ
12/12/2006, 11:54 PM
There are other OU fans that probably felt the same way I did. (A) The $100 ticket was Holder's way of gouging Sooner fans the same way he has been doing with the pokes(B) the club level ticket price was to try to squeeze a donation out of OU fans that wouldn't give the Ags the time of day and (C) he was hoping for a one-sided showing at the "rivalry" game trying to give the pokies an advantage. Didn't work but I hope our athletic department returns the favor next year in Norman.

Wow that's assuming just about the worst you could about everything relating to OSU and that game.

Mixer!
12/13/2006, 02:18 AM
Wow, that's the truth about everything relating to OSU and that game. http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/6645/pickens2pk7.gif

Taxman71
12/13/2006, 07:11 AM

That is the mindset of 90% of the puke fanbase, not just holder. My posse-club friends agreed that noone should sit in those seats unless they ponied up a donation. They enjoy being medium fish in a very very very small pond.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/13/2006, 09:04 AM
Didn't work but I hope our athletic department returns the favor next year in Norman.

Well, I hope we dont...it is little brother, penis envy tactics.

OU4LIFE
12/13/2006, 09:41 AM
leave them alone, after all they are "The STATE'S university". :rolleyes:

and seriously, how hard is it to sell out a bowl game when you go once every 6 years on average?

OSUAggie
12/13/2006, 09:49 AM
7 pages about a donation to a school you guys don't care about... hmm...

picasso
12/13/2006, 09:52 AM
we don't but we can still make fun.

troll.

who do you guys have to pick on? Perkins high?

sjt
12/13/2006, 10:26 AM
I'll give OSU some credit on this. It could be worse. I heard on the radio this morning that MTSU has only sold 500 of its allotment for the Motor City bowl.

How did they ever get invited to a bowl????

OSUAggie
12/13/2006, 10:40 AM
They stayed within 60 of OU... That's bowl-worthy.

OKLA21FAN
12/13/2006, 10:44 AM
I'll give OSU some credit on this. It could be worse. I heard on the radio this morning that MTSU has only sold 500 of its allotment for the Motor City bowl.

They won their conference

SoonerBK
12/13/2006, 10:48 AM
The ags are about as inconsistent as anything. Either thier tickets are $600.00 a piece or they are free. It just does not make any sense. THe whole university is a piece of crap.

CobraKai
12/13/2006, 10:49 AM
The ags are about as inconsistent as anything. Either thier tickets are $600.00 a piece or they are free. It just does not make any sense. THe whole university is a piece of crap.

But it is the STATE's piece of crap.

tnraider1
12/13/2006, 10:58 AM

I heard the same thing this morning. Very sad for a school with over 20,000 enrolled students. Then again, if you've ever been to an MTSU home game, you would understand.

Rhino
12/13/2006, 11:03 AM
7 pages about a donation to a school you guys don't care about... hmm... Welcome to the dead period of college football.

Just because we make fun of the silly **** your university does, does not mean that we care about your university.

OKLA21FAN
12/13/2006, 11:04 AM
yep

the 'jokes' just keep pouring in!

sooner518
12/13/2006, 11:08 AM
446 posts on your rival's message board. hmmmmm

OSUAggie
12/13/2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah, that's so uncommon to have rival fans on your message board............................................. ...........

OU4LIFE
12/13/2006, 11:31 AM
,|,, ag

soonerboy_odanorth
12/13/2006, 11:48 AM
....facts.

-Firts team to sell out independance bowl ticket alotment since 1999, OU vs Ole Miss
-Ole Miss was the one that sold out, not OU.

Try as you might, there just isn't.

Oopsie... yes there is.

Starting with you checking your "facts". Sorry if you're just a victim of oSu beat-writer misreporting. Not only did OU sell out their allotment to the Independence Bowl in 1999, but requested and sold more than their allotment.

OU was alloted 12,000, sold 15,239.

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2006, 11:57 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

orangekaje
12/13/2006, 11:59 AM
446 posts on your rival's message board. hmmmmm

You ought to come on over to our boards too. We seem to have a few OU fans that like to rack up the posts as well. Some even have little OSU fetishes like your own crimsontothecore, for example. It's been over half a year since he got banned and he still has less posts on this board then he had on orangepower.com in 3 months and 90% of his posts on this board are anti-OSU rather than pro-OU. Sometimes it's just so cute. ;)

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/13/2006, 12:02 PM
hmmmm, think I will have pizza for lunch today...better yet, I will steal some pizza outta the fridge at work.

OU4LIFE
12/13/2006, 12:07 PM
good call

OSUAggie
12/13/2006, 12:09 PM
Oopsie... yes there is.

Starting with you checking your "facts". Sorry if you're just a victim of oSu beat-writer misreporting. Not only did OU sell out their allotment to the Independence Bowl in 1999, but requested and sold more than their allotment.

OU was alloted 12,000, sold 15,239.

So which # is accurate, Baldwin's article that stated OU didn't sell its allotment in 1999 or the one that printed today? Anybody happen to go to the game in 1999 and have a decent idea of the # of OU fans there? just wondering...

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/13/2006, 12:17 PM
good call

did you happen to bring any to work?

Rhino
12/13/2006, 12:28 PM
So which # is accurate, Baldwin's article that stated OU didn't sell its allotment in 1999 or the one that printed today? Anybody happen to go to the game in 1999 and have a decent idea of the # of OU fans there? just wondering... The 15,239 number.

link (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_19991224/ai_n11733128)

At the opposite end of the ticket sales ladder is Oklahoma, which will face Mississippi, also on New Year's Eve, in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.

Ticket manager Tom Blubaugh said that the Sooners, who are making a bowl appearance for the first time since '94, sold slightly more than 15,000 tickets out of the OU ticket office, while the Independence Bowl office sold more than 5,000 tickets and the Mississippi ticket office more than 3,000 tickets to Sooner fans.

"We're looking at the 25,000 range," Blubaugh said.

Blubaugh credited OU's sales success to the Sooners return to the bowl scene, along with the relatively short trip from Norman to Shreveport.

"It's so close," Blubaugh said. "It's only about a six-hour drive, so it's not hard for people to make the trip at all."

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2006, 12:30 PM
So which # is accurate, Baldwin's article that stated OU didn't sell its allotment in 1999 or the one that printed today? Anybody happen to go to the game in 1999 and have a decent idea of the # of OU fans there? just wondering...

I was there and there was a TON of OU people there. I remember being dissapointed that we lost, but knew good things were on the horizon.

OKLA21FAN
12/13/2006, 12:30 PM
nice crawdading there

OU bowls allotted Tkts Tkts sold

1999 Indep. 12,000 15,239
2001 Orange 16,000 16,000
2002 Cotton 12,500 17,513
2003 Rose 19,000 35,199
2004 Sugar 16,000 16,000
2005 Orange 16,000 16,000
2006 Holiday 11,000 11,000
2007 Fiesta 17,500 17,500

OSU bowls

2002 Houston 12,000 16,849
2004 Cotton 15,000 22,582
2004 Alamo 12,000 15,055
2006 Indep. 12,000 12,000

where are those '30k fans your claimed for home or bowl games again'? :pop:

orangekaje
12/13/2006, 03:23 PM

I've been right here. And don't call me Shirley. :D

OSUAggie
12/13/2006, 04:04 PM
where are those '30k fans your claimed for home or bowl games again'? :pop:

Those are only ticket sales through the OSU ticket office to bowl games (which does not include tickets thru other sources, obviously). I was basing the 30,000 on vision.

OKLA21FAN
12/13/2006, 04:10 PM
Those are only ticket sales through the OSU ticket office to bowl games (which does not include tickets thru other sources, obviously). I was basing the 30,000 on vision.
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/eye/images/laser/LASEK.jpg

OSUAggie
12/13/2006, 04:18 PM
heh

poke4christ
12/13/2006, 04:48 PM
The 15,239 number.

link (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_19991224/ai_n11733128)

Good reference, I was basing what I said on the article I cited. If it was wrong, that's cool. Now we all can be happy that both oklahoma schools are doing/did a great job of selling Indy Bowl tickets :D.

Oh, and that number is 15,239 from OU ticket office and not total right? Cause I know that there are tons of fans who buy through other sources.

picasso
12/13/2006, 06:52 PM
let me know when the whizzing match begins. I'm good at that.

John Kochtoston
12/13/2006, 07:36 PM

Yes, I was there. That stadium was about 2 or 3/1 OU/Ole Miss. Apparently, Ole Miss sold their allotment plus some in 1998 (they went in back-to-back years), but a repeat trip to Shreveport was considered a dissapointment for the Rebs, hence the low numbers. I bet they'd give their left nut now for bowl eligibility. :D I saw that claim on the Poke State press release and was about to call BS, but a few here already beat me to it. I can't confirm that OU sold its allotment (though, by looking at some of the posts, it appears we did, plus some), but either Ole Miss fell woefully short or about 5K Rebels mixed their tix for the Lily White Cotillion up with their Indy Bowl tix.

josh09
12/13/2006, 09:43 PM
This is comedy gold.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

mdklatt
12/13/2006, 11:53 PM
I was basing the 30,000 on vision.

Then surely you can see all that blue and red salt in the sea of orange at the Cotton Bowl.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/osubowl.jpg

picasso
12/13/2006, 11:57 PM
Then surely you can see all that blue and red salt in the sea of orange at the Cotton Bowl.

gay!

Sooner_Havok
12/14/2006, 12:02 AM

Well, I am sure he didn't really mean for you to use vision :D

orangekaje
12/14/2006, 12:47 AM
Why did you guys doctor the pic of the Cotton Bowl we attended from what it actually was??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/kaje103/seaoforange.jpg

Rhino
12/14/2006, 12:53 AM
Did Boone pay for those roof tickets too?

Jewstin
12/14/2006, 01:45 AM
Knock knock!

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you glad ... ah, hell ... STFU OSU NOOBS. GTFO. RTFM.

:twinkies:

poke4christ
12/14/2006, 07:04 AM
Knock knock!

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you glad ... ah, hell ... STFU OSU NOOBS. GTFO. RTFM.

Can't people just sit back and have a conversation with us? I swear, half my speck is just people saying. "get out of here stupid poke fan". Well, actually I cleaned it up. Also, only one person ever left his name with a neg too. Props to you Sam Spade wherever you are.

Boomer.....
12/14/2006, 09:34 AM
Can't people just sit back and have a conversation with us? I swear, half my speck is just people saying. "get out of here stupid poke fan". Well, actually I cleaned it up. Also, only one person ever left his name with a neg too. Props to you Sam Spade wherever you are.
You are one of the most sensible Aggies on here. There are many others on here who are dillusional, and is the reason that people act that way towards you.

Ground_Attack
12/15/2006, 02:01 AM
this thread is hilarious. If you look at the numbers, OSU has traveled well to every bowl game that they have been in.

what is that? two games? kind of a small sample size isn't it? ;)

poke4christ
12/15/2006, 09:03 AM
what is that? two games? kind of a small sample size isn't it? ;)

Ha ha, yeah it is a little small, but lets look at it this way:

-Three games in recent history.
-All three traveled very well
-Very likely to travel well to current Bowl (considering speed of sellout and sales at other ticket outlets).

Bodes well for OSU.

OU4LIFE
12/15/2006, 09:12 AM
Ha ha, yeah it is a little small, but lets look at it this way:

-Three games in recent history.
-All three traveled very well
-Very likely to travel well to current Bowl (considering speed of sellout and sales at other ticket outlets).

Bodes well for OSU.

bodes well?

In what way? is there going to be some kind of big giveaway by the bowl committee? Will you be given an extra scholarship due to your bowl attendance numbers?

I'll give you a prize right now, you guys travel well to the ****tiest bowls in the country. Maybe someday we'll see how to travel to a top tier bowl, but I doubt it.

poke4christ
12/15/2006, 09:47 AM
bodes well?

In what way? is there going to be some kind of big giveaway by the bowl committee? Will you be given an extra scholarship due to your bowl attendance numbers?

Well, we were selected above Kansas State and Texas Tech despite having a worse record. That's what bodes well. We have a reputation of traveling well and it is paying dividends. Finally, no reason to be so rude, I'm not being rude to you. Oh, and what is the Cotton Bowl? Choped Liver? It think that's a pretty top tier bowl, and we brought 40,000 to it.

poke4christ
12/15/2006, 09:48 AM
Sellout benefiting team's reputation
OSU football

By Mike Baldwin
Staff Writer

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State has enhanced its reputation for traveling well to bowl games.
OSU is only the second school the past five years to sell its entire allotment of tickets (12,000) to the Independence Bowl, although Alabama might sell its allotment for the Dec. 28 game in Shreveport, La.

"Oklahoma State sold its allotment about as quickly as you can,” said Independence Bowl media relations director Patrick Meehan. "It was a flurry. Tickets were gone just like that. It was very impressive.”

An anonymous donor purchased OSU's final 1,500 Independence Bowl tickets that were given away to students, faculty and staff. With long lines stretching around Gallagher-Iba Arena, the 1,500 "free” tickets were gone in four hours.

About 5,000 tickets remain for the game in which the Cowboys will play Alabama for the first time in school history.

Independence Stadium has a capacity of 49,147. The game hasn't been a sellout since Oklahoma played Mississippi in 1999, although the Arkansas-Missouri game three years ago (49,625) was close before the stadium lost a few seats.

"If there are tickets left on game day, you never know how much of a walk-up crowd you might get,” Meehan said.

"I know our phones have been ringing like crazy. This could be the first sellout since Ole Miss-Oklahoma.”

About 9,000 Independence Bowl "season tickets” were purchased by locals. Another 5,000 were purchased by 100 corporate sponsors or were set aside for the military and social service groups.

Besides the 24,000 tickets allotted, Independence Bowl business manager John Cordaro estimates OSU and Alabama fans have purchased an additional 6,000 tickets separate from the schools.

OSU averaged about 32,000 fans for the Cotton, Alamo and Houston bowls earlier this decade, bolstered by about 40,000 fans at the Cotton Bowl. Officials estimate more than 20,000 OSU fans will attend the game in Shreveport.

"Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson said. "This type of ticket demand ensures we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Once OSU became bowl eligible, Independence Bowl officials said the Cowboys were their primary Big 12 target.

OSU, 6-6, was selected over Kansas State and Texas Tech, even though the Wildcats and Red Raiders had better win-loss records.

"We heard Oklahoma State travels well, and we've seen that first hand,” Meehan said. "Alabama has sold a good portion and has done well, but Oklahoma State did excellent in a short amount of time.”

Most of the remaining 5,000 tickets available are $30 seats in the south end zone.

Fans can purchase tickets by calling 1-888-414-2695 or (318) 221-0712 or online at independencebowl.org.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/15/2006, 10:24 AM
bodes well?

I'll give you a prize right now, you guys travel well to the ****tiest bowls in the country. Maybe someday we'll see how to travel to a top tier bowl, but I doubt it.
yeah, they travel well to bowls less than 8 hours driving time away.

And of course you need to remember that because they go to the ****tiest bowls, that makes them the better fans.

OU4LIFE
12/15/2006, 10:31 AM
Well, we were selected above Kansas State and Texas Tech despite having a worse record. That's what bodes well. We have a reputation of traveling well and it is paying dividends. Finally, no reason to be so rude, I'm not being rude to you. Oh, and what is the Cotton Bowl? Choped Liver? It think that's a pretty top tier bowl, and we brought 40,000 to it.

Fair enough, I was being rude. Having lived in this town for 15 years now, I tend to harbor a little more hate for you people than most. While I realize it wasn't YOU personally, you are the one here, so you get the brunt of it all. Just how it goes. If I was on your boards, you better believe i'd be treated the same...by the majority. Been there done that.

What is the Cotton bowl? 2ND tier at BEST. Top tier bowls are the 4 BCS bowls, period.

Orange, Sugar, Rose and Fiesta, in no particular order. The Cotton, Holiday, and such are WAY down the list, especially monetarily.

So i'd just prefer a thank you from the rest of the league for OU's contribution to the bowl fund to the tune of 17 million. Compared to the payout of 1.1 million for your bowl.

Still hacks me off that crap like osu and baylor, who finish tied for last, will get a cut of the bowl money we earn.

and P4C, don't take it personally, I hate your fanbase as a whole.

OklaPony
12/15/2006, 10:34 AM
This could be the first sellout since Ole Miss-Oklahoma.

Once again OU sets the standard and Aggie tries to live up to it.

:D

picasso
12/15/2006, 10:38 AM
why can't they just have their bowl games at Arse Pickins Stadium? it IS the nicest the country ya know.

also, I'm quite glad we don't have to figure a bowl appearance on just how well we be a travelin.

birddog
12/15/2006, 10:43 AM
do we still use billboards to advertise season tickets?

last time i remember seeing that was in 1997.

picasso
12/15/2006, 10:47 AM
or half page newspapaer ads.

MiccoMacey
12/15/2006, 11:06 AM
OU4Life,

I disagree. The Cotton Bowl is a darn good bowl. It's not "top tier", but ony ten teams a year get to go to those. It's definitely not "WAY" down the list. Heck it's a New Year's Day Bowl. We've been to the Cotton Bowl in recent years and I bet Stoops was glad to go to the Holiday Bowl last year ("WAY" worse than the Cotton Bowl). I bet he didn't consider it a bad bowl. Yes, it's a let down for us if we don't get to a BCS bowl (which is kind of a good thing...we expect to go to one of those every year). But it's still better than the Independence Bowl (been there in recent years as well).

And poke4christ, it's still not determined if you guys travel well outside of your area. I've heard this all my life from my dad and brother (both OSU grads), but considering the last three bowls were easily in a days driving distance (Houston, Dallas, San Antoine, and now Shreveport) there's no way of knowing if you have a fan base outside of Texas and Oklahoma that would travel, or if a bowl outside the tri-state area would be interested to find out.

Now, you two play nice or there will be no cookies and milk with your lunches. ;)

mdklatt
12/15/2006, 11:10 AM
Still hacks me off that crap like osu and baylor, who finish tied for last, will get a cut of the bowl money we earn.

A strong conference benefits every team in it, including OU. We've certainly been the recipient of BCS charity in the past.

picasso
12/15/2006, 11:11 AM
did you know oSu fans still don't know where the Orange Bowl is played? I tried to tell my golfing buddies in '05 when they (oSu) played in Miami that it was the actual town where they played the bowl game.

poke4christ
12/15/2006, 11:26 AM
OU4Life,

I disagree. The Cotton Bowl is a darn good bowl. It's not "top tier", but ony ten teams a year get to go to those. It's definitely not "WAY" down the list. Heck it's a New Year's Day Bowl. We've been to the Cotton Bowl in recent years and I bet Stoops was glad to go to the Holiday Bowl last year ("WAY" worse than the Cotton Bowl). I bet he didn't consider it a bad bowl. Yes, it's a let down for us if we don't get to a BCS bowl (which is kind of a good thing...we expect to go to one of those every year). But it's still better than the Independence Bowl (been there in recent years as well).

And poke4christ, it's still not determined if you guys travel well outside of your area. I've heard this all my life from my dad and brother (both OSU grads), but considering the last three bowls were easily in a days driving distance (Houston, Dallas, San Antoine, and now Shreveport) there's no way of knowing if you have a fan base outside of Texas and Oklahoma that would travel, or if a bowl outside the tri-state area would be interested to find out.

Now, you two play nice or there will be no cookies and milk with your lunches. ;)

Good points all around. I agree we haven't seen what happens when OSU has a bowl more than a days drive away. Hopefully, we'll find out next year. Typically, teams do travel with less to long distance games, but I think you will agree that good turnout locally suggests good turnout (relativly) for distance events. Jurys still out either way.

The whole thing I get tired of is just that some people over here do everything they can to demean OSU and try to make themselves feel superior. Anyway, thanks for the very unbiased and well said post. spek for you :D.

OU4LIFE
12/15/2006, 11:28 AM
OU4Life,

I disagree. The Cotton Bowl is a darn good bowl. It's not "top tier", but ony ten teams a year get to go to those. It's definitely not "WAY" down the list.

So you agree. That's EXACTLY what I said, not a top tier bowl.

oh, and Cotton bowl payout is 3 million. Compared to 17 million, that's sure seems to me to be way down the list.

OU4LIFE
12/15/2006, 11:32 AM
The whole thing I get tired of is just that some people over here do everything they can to demean OSU and try to make themselves feel superior. Anyway, thanks for the very unbiased and well said post. spek for you :D.

I mean no disrespect to the football team. It's a solid university with many venues of study that are superior to OU. The kids on the football team bust their *** day in and day out just like any football team, and I respect them for that. I know several of the players on the football and Basketball team, they are just kids...normal college kids just getting what they can.

As I said before, my problem is with the people that comprise the fan base. There are a few really nice ones that I have met. But the majority that I encounter in my daily goings about town can suck it AFAIC.

DenverSooner751
12/15/2006, 11:34 AM
Good points all around. I agree we haven't seen what happens when OSU has a bowl more than a days drive away. Hopefully, we'll find out next year. Typically, teams do travel with less to long distance games, but I think you will agree that good turnout locally suggests good turnout (relativly) for distance events. Jurys still out either way.

We just enjoy picking on little brother, that's all.
That and we are just returning the favor for all the delusional smack talk that goes on within your own boards.

Nice try, but somehow I don't think Gumby is getting you guys to any better bowls next year.

OSUAggie
12/15/2006, 11:34 AM
Tier 1 to Tier 2 isn't way down the list. NC Game and 4 BCS Bowls are obviously the top tier. Cotton, Gator, Capital One, maybe Chic-fil-a and maybe Holiday (in no particular order) are probably Tier 2. I wouldn't say that's way down the list... Monetarily, it's not even close, but "down the list" of bowls, it's not that far off.

DenverSooner751
12/15/2006, 11:39 AM
Tier 1 to Tier 2 isn't way down the list. NC Game and 4 BCS Bowls are obviously the top tier. Cotton, Gator, Capital One, maybe Chic-fil-a and maybe Holiday (in no particular order) are probably Tier 2. I wouldn't say that's way down the list... Monetarily, it's not even close, but "down the list" of bowls, it's not that far off.

You're right. It's not that far down the list at all. But do you think you will ever hear the end of this? Especially here, you are swimming with the sharks.

I know had Texas not imploded at the end of the season we would be content with a Holiday bowl bid, so I think a lot of the trash talk on here regarding the bowl itself is unmerited.

However, the topic of the thread was not that the bowl you are going to sucks. But that YOU suck. Keep that in mind, you cannot leverage your position here in that regard. Facts are facts, whether you guys think you travel well or not is irrelevant, especially when you can not sell out your home games. See the correlation?

Thanks for playing.

OSUAggie
12/15/2006, 11:42 AM
Wow, thanks for putting me in my place... I wasn't aware that OSU sucked. Now i am. Thanks for having me.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/15/2006, 11:49 AM

I think a majority of the people here dont demean osu to make themselves feel better. I think a majority of the people here just get tired of poke fans coming around every few years they think they have a good team, and try to compare osu to OU. Not to be rude, or flame or try to start anything, but it is very very very likely that you guys will never win a football championship, and you will NEVER have the tradition OU has, nor the fanbase. So come over to our boards an have converstaions about football...whatever, but if you start pumping osu sunshine, you should expect to take a lot of heat.

Some time you should step back, take off your orange colored glasses and just listen to what your fellow fans say, and some of the stunts your university pulls, and maybe you will see why we laugh at you guys.

Now I fully understand that we say things, the university does things that you guys laugh at...every university in the country pretty much does the same thing at some point in time and I for one can look at some things OU has done and think to myself "gosh, that looks bad, wish that had not happened"

...the difference is we dont come to you guys and pump our sunshine, make excuses and expect you to jump on board, and accept what we believe without being rude and unkind...we have championships, sold out stadiums, BCS bowls and probably 2/3 of the states population as a fanbase to do our talking.

thats my opinion anyway

I kinda started on different rants....hope that makes sense.

DenverSooner751
12/15/2006, 11:52 AM
I think a majority of the people here dont demean osu to make themselves feel better. I think a majority of the people here just get tired of poke fans coming around every few years they think they have a good team, and try to compare osu to OU. Not to be rude, or flame or try to start anything, but it is very very very likely that you guys will never win a football championship, and you will NEVER have the tradition OU has, nor the fanbase. So come over to our boards an have converstaions about football...whatever, but if you start pumping osu sunshine, you should expect to take a lot of heat.

Some time you should step back, take off your orange colored glasses and just listen to what your fellow fans say, and some of the stunts your university pulls, and maybe you will see why we laugh at you guys.

Now I fully understand that we say things, the university does things that you guys laugh at...every university in the country pretty much does the same thing at some point in time and I for one can look at some things OU has done and think to myself "gosh, that looks bad, wish that had not happened"

...the difference is we dont come to you guys and pump our sunshine, make excuses and expect you to jump on board, and accept what we believe without being rude and unkind...we have championships, sold out stadiums, BCS bowls and probably 2/3 of the states population as a fanbase to do our talking.

thats my opinion anyway

nicely put! Round of applause!!

DenverSooner751
12/15/2006, 11:53 AM
Wow, thanks for putting me in my place... I wasn't aware that OSU sucked. Now i am. Thanks for having me.

Anytime son. Anytime.

MiccoMacey
12/15/2006, 01:52 PM
So you agree. That's EXACTLY what I said, not a top tier bowl.

My argument wasn't that it isn't a top tier bowl, but rather that it isn't "WAY" down the list. Actually, after the BCS bowls, it's one of if not the top bowl.

oh, and Cotton bowl payout is 3 million. Compared to 17 million, that's sure seems to me to be way down the list.

Financially, yes. But considering it routinely gets two teams ranked in the top 15 in the nation, no.

Mixer!
12/16/2006, 06:31 PM
Wasn't the Cotton Bowl being considered being added to the BCS rotation at some point?

Scott D
12/16/2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, but their antiquated facilities, plus cold weather in January nixed that. It was mostly their antiquated facilities though.

washington's fave
12/16/2006, 07:18 PM
No matter how much it hurts too, but I think everyone should admit that this is one of those few years in which lOSUr deserves some bowl cred! I hope they give it to the Crimson Tide, but good! I don't mind so much because I know next year it will be business as usual! (lOSUr)!!!

tulsaoilerfan
12/16/2006, 07:33 PM
Sellout benefiting team's reputation
OSU football

By Mike Baldwin
Staff Writer

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State has enhanced its reputation for traveling well to bowl games.
OSU is only the second school the past five years to sell its entire allotment of tickets (12,000) to the Independence Bowl, although Alabama might sell its allotment for the Dec. 28 game in Shreveport, La.

"Oklahoma State sold its allotment about as quickly as you can,” said Independence Bowl media relations director Patrick Meehan. "It was a flurry. Tickets were gone just like that. It was very impressive.”

An anonymous donor purchased OSU's final 1,500 Independence Bowl tickets that were given away to students, faculty and staff. With long lines stretching around Gallagher-Iba Arena, the 1,500 "free” tickets were gone in four hours.

About 5,000 tickets remain for the game in which the Cowboys will play Alabama for the first time in school history.

Independence Stadium has a capacity of 49,147. The game hasn't been a sellout since Oklahoma played Mississippi in 1999, although the Arkansas-Missouri game three years ago (49,625) was close before the stadium lost a few seats.

"If there are tickets left on game day, you never know how much of a walk-up crowd you might get,” Meehan said.

"I know our phones have been ringing like crazy. This could be the first sellout since Ole Miss-Oklahoma.”

About 9,000 Independence Bowl "season tickets” were purchased by locals. Another 5,000 were purchased by 100 corporate sponsors or were set aside for the military and social service groups.

Besides the 24,000 tickets allotted, Independence Bowl business manager John Cordaro estimates OSU and Alabama fans have purchased an additional 6,000 tickets separate from the schools.

OSU averaged about 32,000 fans for the Cotton, Alamo and Houston bowls earlier this decade, bolstered by about 40,000 fans at the Cotton Bowl. Officials estimate more than 20,000 OSU fans will attend the game in Shreveport.

"Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson said. "This type of ticket demand ensures we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Once OSU became bowl eligible, Independence Bowl officials said the Cowboys were their primary Big 12 target.

OSU, 6-6, was selected over Kansas State and Texas Tech, even though the Wildcats and Red Raiders had better win-loss records.

"We heard Oklahoma State travels well, and we've seen that first hand,” Meehan said. "Alabama has sold a good portion and has done well, but Oklahoma State did excellent in a short amount of time.”

Most of the remaining 5,000 tickets available are $30 seats in the south end zone.

Fans can purchase tickets by calling 1-888-414-2695 or (318) 221-0712 or online at independencebowl.org.
How on earth can the Pokes take 40K to the Cotton Bowl, but can't sell 40K tickets to the OU game without Sooner fans buying so many? Unreal

Mixer!
12/16/2006, 08:06 PM
five words: Mike Holder's exhorbitant price increase.

ags are a poor lot, by and large.

washington's fave
12/16/2006, 09:07 PM
We may laugh at the lack-luster Cowpukes, but if the Gaylords were to give me a free ticket, I would accept in a heartbeat!!! If only OU Bowl tickets didn't sell out so dog-gone fast before they got a chance to buy any!! :D

jrsooner
12/17/2006, 07:23 AM
How on earth can the Pokes take 40K to the Cotton Bowl, but can't sell 40K tickets to the OU game without Sooner fans buying so many? UnrealMaybe because they are playing a non-big 12 team and think they have a great shot of actually winning it. :)

Winning % this year:
Non-Big 12: 75%
Big 12: 37%

TopDawg
12/17/2006, 11:26 AM

Like the cattle gate thing when they take the field? I still can't believe I saw that.

DenverSooner751
12/28/2006, 04:47 PM
Time to get this thread breathing again. Why? Because it is such fun.

So last night I was talking with a good friend of mine who have known for years. After Highschool, he went to OSU and I went to OU. We have kept in touch over the years and it's usually good conversation. Until we begin talking sports.

In our most recent conversation he had mentioned to me how proud he was of something he got to do. He works for a Native American outreach program that works on getting Native Americans involved in attending state universities. Well apparently there was an award given to OU for their involvement in the program.

President Boren makes the comment that OU has more Native American students enrolled at OU than anyother school in the BIG 12. My friend hastily pointed out that this was not true. Because OSU hase 200 more students of Native american descent than OU does.

What he was so proud of was that he got to write a letter to Boren pointing out his mistake. About how OSU was on a 6 year upswing in this area and that OU has been on the decline in this area for 4 years now. And that Boren needs to check the accuracy of his statements. Yadda yadda Blah Blah.

This underscores the Aggy attitude in every way possible. I can't ever imagine aggyville writting this letter to say Texas Tech's president.

He can't seem to remember there being any empty seats in the Rustoleum stadium for the OU game. I told him he should write a letter about the inaccuracy of his own University reporting that plenty of seats were available. Good Ole lOUSr

picasso
12/28/2006, 04:54 PM
OU has a very strong native american student council. they have also had native americans teach in their masters of fine arts program. I have 2 good friends who I attended art school with in New Mexico who both have attended OU.

also, more local native americans cheer for OU because we win.

Boarder
12/28/2006, 04:58 PM
I mean no disrespect to the football team. It's a solid university with many venues of study that are superior to OU. The kids on the football team bust their *** day in and day out just like any football team, and I respect them for that. I know several of the players on the football and Basketball team, they are just kids...normal college kids just getting what they can.

AGGIE LOVER! I KNEW IT!

BajaOklahoma
12/28/2006, 05:12 PM
My husband's boss came in on Tuesday with lots of Cotton Bowl tickets that he was giving away. I have idea where the seats are located though.

Taxman71
12/29/2006, 09:19 AM
OU has a very strong native american student council. they have also had native americans teach in their masters of fine arts program. I have 2 good friends who I attended art school with in New Mexico who both have attended OU.

also, more local native americans cheer for OU because we win.

Nothing meant "easy A" more than any undergrad course at OU with the word "Indian" or "Native" in it. Native American music, modern indian problems, etc. Those classes were full of athletes.

poke4christ
12/30/2006, 07:25 PM
I think the bowl game showed that it was more than just giving away tickets away. We had at least 20K and it could have been as many as 25k. So make fun all you want about us giving away 1500 tickets.

DenverSooner751
12/30/2006, 09:12 PM
I think the bowl game showed that it was more than just giving away tickets away. We had at least 20K and it could have been as many as 25k. So make fun all you want about us giving away 1500 tickets.

Thank you for permission!!!

Damn, I wish OU could be as cool as lOSUr. Sure would be nice to play in a crap ball bowl game sometime and brag about our turn out. Oh well, I guess for the mean time we will keep playing for BIG XII titles and BCS bowl games. We can dream though.

OUAndy1807
12/30/2006, 09:20 PM
Thank you for permission!!!

Damn, I wish OU could be as cool as lOSUr. Sure would be nice to play in a crap ball bowl game sometime and brag about our turn out. Oh well, I guess for the mean time we will keep playing for BIG XII titles and BCS bowl games. We can dream though.
how quickly we forget. we were playing in that same crappy bowl 6 years ago.

DenverSooner751
12/30/2006, 09:24 PM
how quickly we forget. we were playing in that same crappy bowl 6 years ago.

True. But it was not our dream to be there. We were content with it, however lOSUr will remember this season forever as the best year ever.

orangekaje
12/30/2006, 09:27 PM
True. But it was not our dream to be there. We were content with it, however lOSUr will remember this season forever as the best year ever.

Keep telling yourself that. Now wipe up that wet spot you left in your jean shorts.

Big Red Ron
12/30/2006, 09:37 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Now wipe up that wet spot you left in your jean shorts.Aggie is as aggie does.

orangekaje
12/30/2006, 10:44 PM
Aggie is as aggie does.

Yup..Glad I'm not an aggie.

Big Red Ron
12/30/2006, 10:49 PM
Yup..Glad I'm not an aggie.Aggie or not, just sayin' ...if the shoe fits.

PrideTrombone
12/30/2006, 10:50 PM

Nah, that was the year they got to the Cotton Bowl and lost to Eli Manning.

OSUSam
12/31/2006, 10:03 PM

thats my opinion anyway

I think the reason a majority of the people here demean OSU is because as of late, it is not the old Bob Simmons 3-8 hopeless bunch of losers taking the rust covered stadium. OSU is actually starting to be *gasp* competitive in football and it bothers Oklahoma fans.

They need to find something to laugh at now since rustoleum is gone and OSU actually is going to bowl games, although be it lower tier games.

So you get your hair gel comments, your sheephumping comments, and those who laugh because boosters actually give money (how dare they).

Don't forget, you guys START threads like this on your own board for some kind of entertainment purpose, but then claim that OSU is nothing to you and you don't consider them a rival.

As far as winning a championship goes, OSU has had at least some history of conference championships in most peoples lifetimes that are still around today. That is much more than some of the other programs in the conference can say. Let's not forget that the eventual Big XII champion has had to fight their way out of Stillwater or actually lost to OSU the last few years. In 2002, OSU was a field goal away from winning the south, and was only 3 or 4 plays away from a 10 win season this year. I know that there is a great talent level disparity to get to that point, but OSU is getting closer.

Ash
12/31/2006, 10:12 PM
blah blah blah... was only 3 or 4 plays away from a 10 win season this year.

Yes, and Mack Brown was only 4 or 5 plays from beating tOSU, he just ran out of time.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Good teams find a way to win, not a way to spin.

1stTimeCaller
12/31/2006, 10:24 PM
how many teams did aggylite beat this year that ended up with a winning record?

OUinFLA
12/31/2006, 10:25 PM

that must give your cousins some comfort in their lives.

Boarder
12/31/2006, 10:30 PM
as of late, it is not the old Bob Simmons 3-8 hopeless bunch of losers

Really? What was osu's record last year? I realize this year they had a ...hold on....winning season (by one game).

Don't forget, you guys START threads like this on your own board for some kind of entertainment purpose, but then claim that OSU is nothing to you and you don't consider them a rival.

We also start threads demeaning Baylor, KSU, Tech, etc, etc, etc when they do something bizzarre. They aren't our rivals either.

As far as winning a championship goes, OSU has had at least some history of conference championships in most peoples lifetimes that are still around today.
:confused: What? I don't remember osu ever winning a conference title. Was I alive? When was it?

That is much more than some of the other programs in the conference can say.
No, not much more really. I don't want to look it up but how many of the other teams in the Big 12 have won any sort of conference title in the last 35 years?

Let's not forget that the eventual Big XII champion has had to fight their way out of Stillwater or actually lost to OSU the last few years. In 2002, OSU was a field goal away from winning the south, and was only 3 or 4 plays away from a 10 win season this year. I know that there is a great talent level disparity to get to that point, but OSU is getting closer.

This is the kind of stuff that aggravates OU fans. Had to fight thier way out of stillwater? 3 or 4 plays away? Getting closer? We have to hear this garbage every single year since OU hired Blake. Every year. And yet again, osu has nothing to show for it. The best they could come up with was a Cotton Bowl loss. That's the best season in recent memory. Well sorry I am not jumping up and taking notice of that juggernaut.

Ash
12/31/2006, 11:37 PM
that must give your cousins some comfort in their lives.

Sure but what do you give her/him for Christmas?:texan:

orangekaje
1/1/2007, 03:12 AM

Like against Oregon?

There was a bad call made on the field. You couldn't keep them from scoring a touchdown. You couldn't score a FG to win the game.

<Insert OU fan death threats>

:rolleyes:

DoubleDown
1/1/2007, 03:43 AM
[QUOTE=OSUSam]Don't forget, you guys START threads like this on your own board for some kind of entertainment purpose, but then claim that OSU is nothing to you and you don't consider them a rival.QUOTE]

You're right. The only thing more pathetic than someone starting a thread like this is some orange F@G trolling for a thread like this.:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2007, 04:03 AM
That's ok, I banged his mom last night. I'm not real big on teeth, so she was hot to me!

poke4christ
1/1/2007, 06:57 PM
Yes, and Mack Brown was only 4 or 5 plays from beating tOSU, he just ran out of time.

Got to agree. However, I do feel that next year is looking very good for OSU. Lots of positives. 10 wins isn't unthinkable. However, my guess would me more like 8-9.

Zach

OKLA21FAN
1/1/2007, 07:06 PM
Like against Oregon?

There was a bad call made on the field. You couldn't keep them from scoring a touchdown. You couldn't score a FG to win the game.

<Insert OU fan death threats>

:rolleyes: i think you just showed the difference in the two programs

while this has been a nice season for OU which has over come much adversity, most OU fans understand that this team was not a contender for the a 'great year' (by OU standards)

however, by okie lite standards, it rivals thier '45, '84 and '88 season. i guess it just depends on how high one sets the bar.

85sooners
1/1/2007, 07:20 PM
fags