PDA

View Full Version : Branson at Christmas

frankensooner
12/11/2006, 10:51 AM
Branson at this time of year was fantastic!

We saw the Broadway Spirit of Christmas featuring the Osmonds, Went to the Dixie Stampede Christmas show and to Silver Dollar City both days. Silver Dollar City had the best Christmas light I have ever seen. It was really fantastic. We did the Shepherd of the Hills Light trail too, but it wasn't very good, but other than that, it was a wonderful vacation.

Everyone should do this at least once in a lifetime. I might also recommend the Welk resort, it was very clean and nice.

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I bet there's someone on here who would like to go to Branson.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/11/2006, 10:59 AM
Silver Dollar City is awesome. I love how they integrate the park into the environment. Tons of trees and shade.

As for the rest of Branson, meh...you can have it.

Glad you had a good vacation though, those seem to be hard to come by for me. of course it could be my crappy attitude.

crawfish
12/11/2006, 11:12 AM
Sic'Em would've put out had you taken him, man.

soonerjoker
12/11/2006, 11:58 AM
my bro-in-law was there last week, & he mainly commented on
how cold it was.

frankensooner
12/11/2006, 12:01 PM
Well, there was plenty of snow on the ground. It was pretty cold on Friday, but warmed up Saturday and Sunday. If anyone does go, be sure to take the alternate traffic routes and avoid 76 as much as possible.

frankensooner
12/11/2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, and I saw lots and lots of Sooner gear on folks. I had an OU pullover I was wearing and got lots of good comments from folks wishing us well in the Fiesta Bowl. I only caught a few scowls.

C&CDean
12/11/2006, 03:31 PM
If I ever win a free trip to Branson, Vegas, or Disneyworld the first person with $5 can have the trip. I just don't get the attraction/s.

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 03:32 PM
If I ever win a free trip to Branson, Vegas, or Disneyworld the first person with $5 can have the trip. I just don't get the attraction/s.

"Fun" is the common theme with those places so that makes sense.

:D

frankensooner
12/11/2006, 03:34 PM
Dean, you would hate traveling with me this year because I went to all three in the last 10 months...;)

C&CDean
12/11/2006, 03:35 PM
No Pat. Spending an inordinate amount of time waiting in line to drop about a grand a day would be the common theme.

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 03:45 PM
No Pat. Spending an inordinate amount of time waiting in line to drop about a grand a day would be the common theme.

The FastPass is a lifesaver. :)

sooner_born_1960
12/11/2006, 03:47 PM
I've never had to wait in line very long to lose money in Vegas. Those other places, yes.