PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Vs. New Orleans Saints

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 08:34 PM
Well, damn. Julius Jones ran 77 yards for a TD on Dallas' second play. I hope they kill the Aints

yermom
12/10/2006, 08:40 PM
looking good so far

i kinda like the Saints though

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 08:43 PM
They have just been getting on my nerves lately

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 09:12 PM
Crap, now NOLA is winning by 7....come on D!

yermom
12/10/2006, 09:13 PM
that Fullback is killing us

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/10/2006, 09:35 PM
Two of the most disciplined teams I have seen in a long time. I can't count the number of times a Saints player has helped up a Cowboy player and vice versa. The first time I can say this about an NFL game in a long time, but wow this game has been classy. The Saints offense is sick, Drew Brees is just so patient, i mean he is just sitting back there and waiting perfectly. Also nice to see Romo learned his lesson and didn't force that ball to Glenn when McKenzie hit him.

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 09:35 PM
No kidding. We need to make some adjustments at the half

yermom
12/10/2006, 09:45 PM
wow, what a dumb penalty

jk the sooner fan
12/10/2006, 09:46 PM
hmm, dallas better come out in the second half and light a fire.....this could get ugly

yermom
12/10/2006, 09:46 PM
*sigh*

the Cowboys need to figure out something in the locker room

21-7 Saints :44 left in the 2nd

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 09:50 PM
*sigh*

the Cowboys need to figure out something in the locker room

21-7 Saints :44 left in the 2nd

......:( :(

I can't believe this. By figure something I, I think you mean remember how to play football, right?

DoubleDown
12/10/2006, 09:55 PM
It figures. Every time I take a sip of the Kool-Aid, they go out and lay an egg.:mad:

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 09:59 PM
Only two passes thrown at the player...I bet he isn't happy right now.

PAW
12/10/2006, 10:10 PM
Dallas want to consider covering the dump off in the 2nd half. Maybe.

DoubleDown
12/10/2006, 10:21 PM
Seriously, why do the Dallas Cowboys hate me?

yermom
12/10/2006, 10:43 PM
i think i'm gonna vomit

DoubleDown
12/10/2006, 10:56 PM
i think i'm gonna vomit

I'm right there with you. One of the most pathetic defensive performances I've ever seen.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2006, 11:18 PM
I'm right there with you. One of the most pathetic defensive performances I've ever seen.
Yup; no pass rush = bad news for the Cowboys secondary:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2006, 11:19 PM
It figures. Every time I take a sip of the Kool-Aid, they go out and lay an egg.:mad:
I think they have been too busy listening to the media sing their praises all week since the Giants game; this could actually turn out to be a blessing, hopefully.

GrapevineSooner
12/10/2006, 11:20 PM
Sean Payton definitely schooled his mentor tonight. Gotta give him credit.

Of course, when you decide you're not going to put up anything resembling a pass rush or decide you don't need to cover Bush out in the flat, or you think it's a good idea for Roy Williams to cover a speedster one-on-one, well...

You're in for a looooooooooong night.

AUGUSTUS-CAESAR
12/10/2006, 11:31 PM
Terrible defense tonight by the Boys! Can't cover a fullback that's slower then me. No, and I mean no pass rush, and I love Roy Williams for what he did for OUr Sooners, and for the Cowboys too for that matter, but coverage is not his strength. So, bad effort by the players, or bad "D" scheme by the coaching staff?

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2006, 11:45 PM
Terrible defense tonight by the Boys! Can't cover a fullback that's slower then me. No, and I mean no pass rush, and I love Roy Williams for what he did for OUr Sooners, and for the Cowboys too for that matter, but coverage is not his strength. So, bad effort by the players, or bad "D" scheme by the coaching staff?
I think you saw what happens when you give a really good QB all day to pass

PAW
12/10/2006, 11:52 PM
or not.

GrapevineSooner
12/10/2006, 11:56 PM
You know, we shouldn't really be surprised by this.

Payton's the former OC. Gibbs was linebackers coach in Dallas. From a game planning standpoint, the Saints had a tremendous advantage. Plus, Dallas was due for a letdown.

Granted, I wouldn't have seen 42-17 coming from a mile away. But if you would have told me Dallas would finish 11-5 with their lone loss to New Orleans, I wouldn't think you were crazy.

DoubleDown
12/11/2006, 12:10 AM
You know, we shouldn't really be surprised by this.

Payton's the former OC. Gibbs was linebackers coach in Dallas. From a game planning standpoint, the Saints had a tremendous advantage. Plus, Dallas was due for a letdown.

Granted, I wouldn't have seen 42-17 coming from a mile away. But if you would have told me Dallas would finish 11-5 with their lone loss to New Orleans, I wouldn't think you were crazy.

Well, I AM surprised. I knew we were do for a letdown on Offense, but I didn't expect a complete disaster on Defense. They couldn't cover anyone! They couldn't get a pass rush to save a life! Not to mention if you let a no-name fullback score that many times on you, than you are obviously doing something wrong.

I am just disgusted right now. What happens if they meet again in the playoffs in the bayou? I ask because there's NO WAY Dallas gets more than one game at home in the playoffs.

birddog
12/11/2006, 12:15 AM
the saints are officially the real deal.

GrapevineSooner
12/11/2006, 12:37 AM
Well, I AM surprised. I knew we were do for a letdown on Offense, but I didn't expect a complete disaster on Defense. They couldn't cover anyone! They couldn't get a pass rush to save a life! Not to mention if you let a no-name fullback score that many times on you, than you are obviously doing something wrong.

I am just disgusted right now. What happens if they meet again in the playoffs in the bayou? I ask because there's NO WAY Dallas gets more than one game at home in the playoffs.

You know, somewhere there's a Patriots fan wondering if the glory days of that franchise are gone.

Somewhere, there's a Colts fan wondering how the hell his team's defense is going to stop a playoff-bound team when Jacksonville just put 44 points up on their defense.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Sometimes, you have clunkers. Dallas just happened to have theirs tonight. They win in Atlanta on Saturday night, and then they have Philly and Detroit to finish out the season.

11-5 and an NFC East Championship is still a very real possibility. And BTW, I'm not even thinking Super Bowl for this year for this team. They're still a year away.

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 12:50 AM
Well I'm happy big time for my Saints. I didn't post during the game because I was afraid if I got out of my chair the Saints would collapse. They should thank me for my discipline.
Romo is agood QB, but the Romo love-fest is just another example of my favorite saying about the media: "One dog barks at nothing, and the rest bark at him." There will be a similar bark-fest for the Saints until they lay an egg.

GrapevineSooner
12/11/2006, 12:53 AM
You should have gotten out of your chair, TU. :D :mad:

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 08:49 AM
The Cowboys have twins because they laid a similar egg at home earlier this year when the Giants dominated them. Maybe they'll go on another run like they did after that but last night's effort was pretty weak.

I've not been that impressed with their D all year even though it is in the upper echelon of the NFL, statistically. And that's kind of disappointing considering the money and draft choices they have invested on that side of the ball over the last few years.

jk the sooner fan
12/11/2006, 08:50 AM
i wonder if all those guys who swear that Roy Williams is a great cover safety watched that game last nite.....

mrowl
12/11/2006, 09:39 AM
i wonder if all those guys who swear that Roy Williams is a great cover safety watched that game last nite.....

I was about to bring that thread to the top.

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 09:42 AM
Why is their any coverage scheme that allows Henry to just bump his man and send him deep with only Roy to stop him.

And Keith Davis ****ing sucks.

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 09:43 AM
Why is their any coverage scheme that allows Henry to just bump his man and send him deep with only Roy to stop him.

And Keith Davis ****ing sucks.

Last night I guess Dallas decided only to cover the middle third of the field between the LOS and the end zone because everybody was open underneath and everybody was open deep. If they decided to go intermediate though, we had their arses!! :mad:

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 09:58 AM
So frustrating. I'm sure they can bounce back, but I'd like to see 3 good weeks heading into the playoffs.

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 12:02 PM
I thought Dallas's big mistake was not sticking with the run. The Saint's are pretty weak vs the run, and the Cowboys could have at least kept the ball away from Brees. I felt relieved every time Romo dropped back to pass. OTOH, after awhile, whenever Brees dropped back to pass, I thought something great was about to happen for the Saints.
Still, 42-17 seems pretty fluky; I wouldn't bet on it happening again.

sanantoniosooner
12/11/2006, 12:05 PM
I don't expect Parcells to ever get whupped like that.

And that was with kneel downs at the end of the game.

colleyvillesooner
12/11/2006, 12:06 PM
I thought Dallas's big mistake was not sticking with the run. The Saint's are pretty weak vs the run, and the Cowboys could have at least kept the ball away from Brees. I felt relieved every time Romo dropped back to pass. OTOH, after awhile, whenever Brees dropped back to pass, I thought something great was about to happen for the Saints.
Still, 42-17 seems pretty fluky; I wouldn't bet on it happening again.

Bingo. They abanonded the run. MB3 didn't a carry in the first half. Poor game plan, poor execution.

Scott D
12/11/2006, 12:18 PM
Bingo. They abanonded the run. MB3 didn't a carry in the first half. Poor game plan, poor execution.

sounds like http://nfl.com/images/2001/BillCallahan_mug2001.jpg was calling the plays.

TUSooner
12/11/2006, 12:20 PM
I don't expect Parcells to ever get whupped like that.

And that was with kneel downs at the end of the game.
For awhile, I was reminded of the unspeakable Orange Bowl: Every N.O. pass was caught, even dramatically. Uncanny.

GrapevineSooner
12/11/2006, 12:44 PM
That's what I thought of.

Both teams jumped on top early. Then USC/NO took control in the second quarter and could have pretty much named their own score.

SoonerProphet
12/11/2006, 10:14 PM

I don't think Roy is the best cover SS in the league, but in cover 2 he needs some help from the corners. Jam the recievers and don't let them release outside, gotta give the boy some help there and the corners didn't.

tulsaoilerfan
12/11/2006, 11:07 PM
I don't think Roy is the best cover SS in the league, but in cover 2 he needs some help from the corners. Jam the recievers and don't let them release outside, gotta give the boy some help there and the corners didn't.
Totally agree, and it makes you wonder what Mike Zimmer expected from the Saints? Brees has only thrown for more yards than any QB in the NFL, so they should have been able to come up with something better than that for coverage schemes, and don't even get me started on the pass rush:hot:

Billy_Baller
12/12/2006, 11:46 AM
Who dat?

HoleInTheRoof
12/13/2006, 09:27 PM
Well, damn. Julius Jones ran 77 yards for a TD on Dallas' second play. I hope they kill the Aints

Why couldn't the game have just ended after that play.

Seriously, can anyone explain why we completely abandoned the run, despite going against such a poor run defense, missing their best run stuffer (Hollis Thomas)?

Oh well, heres hoping we rebound this week.

HoleInTheRoof
12/13/2006, 09:33 PM

I have to wonder if Mike Zimmer bothered to watch how Roy Williams was used while he was a Sooner, because he sure as hell has no idea what the kids strengths are.

Lets see, you have a 230lb wrecking ball SS. Yep, lets keep him 20 yards down the field and let him cover receivers in a zone defense.

Makes sense, right?