PDA

View Full Version : The Women throttle Ark. Pine Bluff

msteudem
12/10/2006, 05:33 PM
87-42

Good job girls!

badger
12/10/2006, 09:15 PM
what a fun game. day and night compared with the men's game the night before. the starters are awesome, the reserves are awesome... there is no end to OU's awesome-ness.

Example: Courtney Paris scores many points and gets many rebounds... and then gets replaced by Ashley Paris who passes to teammates after getting CP3's double teams (they look the same, so it's easy for teams to comfuse them)

Example 2: Britney Brown dashes around and assists every teammate in sight... then gets replaced by Jenna Plumley, who hits four three-pointers, one after another.

Example 3: Ashley Paris, who can shoot, rebound and assist all night... gets replaces by Abi Olajuwon, who can really rebound, despite needing to perfect her dad's Dream Shake (or whatever that was called).

Oh... and when will Nyesha dunk? She can touch the backboard easily (as she does after every game effortlessly).

AllAboutThe'O'
12/10/2006, 11:23 PM
Agree with your points, badger. Also, we shot the ball well, 60 percent.

Another observation. There was a big line waiting for the postgame autographs, so big that, to coin a phrase from a popular movie this time of the year, "the line stretched all the way back to Terre Haute." If I didn't have to get back to work I would have endured the wait. Oh well, maybe another day.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/11/2006, 03:48 PM
Will we beat Ohio State???

Boomer.....
12/11/2006, 04:21 PM
I think that we can.

NormanPride
12/11/2006, 05:01 PM
If we can get into the paint against tOSU then we can take them easily. However, if they make it a three point shooting contest then we could have trouble. We had some lapses in concentration on D that can't happen against a great team like the Buckeyes. If we can't get down low to CP3 then we'll have to rely more on our transition game, which also puts a lot of points on the board.

Nyeshia Stevenson is really exciting to watch, and I seriously hope we start getting her mid-range jumpshot into the gameplan more. She's something special!

SoonerSid
12/12/2006, 06:42 PM
Will we beat Ohio State???
I think we will own OsU this year..

usmc-sooner
12/12/2006, 08:37 PM
they have some awesome freshmen, Thompson, Stevenson and Plumley,
Plumely is small but she is going to be an awesome point.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/12/2006, 08:49 PM
I am so stoked about our women's program, and have been for years now.

I'm even more stoked by the fact that you all appear to be equally stoked!

badger
12/12/2006, 09:27 PM
When a dunk is worth 3 points, Jenna will start doing it. Till then...
http://www.normantranscript.com/portal_assets/images_sizedimage_345162046/lg
Notice stupid suity coach in background :D

SoonerSid
12/13/2006, 06:24 PM
Jenna went to my alma mater high school (Frontier), and I had the pleasure watching her through HS, and State tournaments. Her big brothers drilled her on the court all her life, so she is very tough, and will be an excellent point for OU. When she is out there, she will run the floor for her team.
Yeah, watch out when she gets hot, she will shoot lights out too.

badger
12/13/2006, 09:50 PM
I just wanted to share this with you all. These are hot pants. Yes, even the girls think they're really cool.
http://www.soonersports.com//pics6/800/FK/FKOJUIMUZORUCUM.20061210235925.jpg
and... another pic of short guard jenna plumley:
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics28/400/CQ/CQFACERZKAHTIDW.20061210235917.jpg
i think the ball is taller than her :D