PDA

View Full Version : I sure am glad Houston passed on Bush and VY

Penguin
12/10/2006, 05:02 PM
These Texans are reminding me of the Saints of the 70's and early 80's. It seems like the front office wants them to be perennial losers.

I guess the Houston Texans will be the Los Angeles Californians in 5 years.

bluedogok
12/10/2006, 05:16 PM
They have a waiting list for season tickets, since that is the case why put a winning team on the field.

OK2LA
12/10/2006, 05:23 PM
I'd rather see A.D. as a "Texan" than as a "Raider".

snp
12/10/2006, 06:19 PM
Looking at Kubiak's coaching resume, it's not a big surprise he passed on both these players. VY wouldn't go well with his passing system and it's not like Reggie Bush is tearing it up this year. 3.1 YPC, wowzers.

snp
12/10/2006, 06:33 PM
Double post, doh.

yermom
12/10/2006, 06:56 PM
yeah, he had an awful week last week ;)

bluedogok
12/10/2006, 07:59 PM
I'd rather see A.D. as a "Texan" than as a "Raider".
That is for sure......

yeah, he had an awful week last week ;)
That was one game out of 12 this year. I have always thought Bush will be a good but not great player with flashes of brilliance if he is used like a typical back. Even using him like that is enough to keep you hoping for that type of game but more often than not he is a contributor but not much more. He would be a killer in the CFL and their type offense and the size of field. That is what his game seems to be suited for. If they use him like the Rams did Marshall Faulk or the Eagles try to use Bryant Westbrook he could be more than a contributor. I think they area still trying to figure out how to use him to the best of his ability.

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 08:18 PM
AD > Bush

Today!

trwxxa
12/10/2006, 08:19 PM
They have a waiting list for season tickets, since that is the case why put a winning team on the field.

Trust me, there is no waiting list. The blackouts start next year.

I think the Texans are the Cardinals, Lions and Browns all rolled into one:rolleyes:

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 08:23 PM
Trust me, there is no waiting list. The blackouts start next year.

I think the Texans are the Cardinals, Lions and Browns all rolled into one:rolleyes:

Don't forget the Raiders! :D :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2006, 08:25 PM
They probably would have passed on Barry Sanders if they would have been a franchise then

With the 1st pick, Houston Texans take tackle Tony Mandarich

mdklatt
12/10/2006, 08:30 PM
Dallas > Houston

:pop:

bluedogok
12/10/2006, 08:54 PM
We looked into season tickets this year for Dallas (since I am on the OU waiting list) and just for reference I looked at the Texans (since they are closer) an KC since we went to a game there and they were advertising season tickets for sale. I know a few Texans season ticket holders, they said there is a waiting list because of all of the corporate sales, I don't see that going away anytime soon since Houston is a corporate center. Their waiting list is nothing like the 20,000+ for the Broncos.

We didn't end up getting Cowboys tickets but may for next season.

tbl
12/10/2006, 09:06 PM
Dallas > Houston

:pop:
Without a doubt. Not even close...

badger
12/10/2006, 09:54 PM
please let ad go to green bay... please don't let him go to houston...

yermom
12/10/2006, 10:27 PM
yeah, him dropping in the draft is probably better for him :D

badger
12/10/2006, 10:32 PM
yeah, him dropping in the draft is probably better for him :D
I agree, dropping from anywhere in this year's draft to first in next year's draft IS better for him!

DrZaius
12/10/2006, 10:57 PM
please let ad go to green bay... please don't let him go to houston...

He should go to Chicago.......Kept the trend alive!

I know...but they could pull off some crazy trade...like all their current running backs and their cheerleaders.

Though I am not sure if da bears have cheerleaders

DrZaius
12/10/2006, 10:58 PM
and if they do have cheerleaders I am not sure if I want to see pictures.

badger
12/10/2006, 11:02 PM
Though I am not sure if da bears have cheerleaders
http://www.esportshound.com/images/jan13b/Stuffedthings/117_bears_small.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/pnut8200/ChrisFarleyDaBears.jpg
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9712/19/farley.folo/sports.fan.stack.2.jpg

DrZaius
12/10/2006, 11:11 PM
I knew I did not want to see them

Boarder
12/10/2006, 11:18 PM
We looked into season tickets this year for Dallas (since I am on the OU waiting list) and just for reference I looked at the Texans (since they are closer) an KC since we went to a game there and they were advertising season tickets for sale. I know a few Texans season ticket holders, they said there is a waiting list because of all of the corporate sales, I don't see that going away anytime soon since Houston is a corporate center. Their waiting list is nothing like the 20,000+ for the Broncos.

If you seriously want Cowboys season tickets for next year, let me know. I have some 20 yard line ones I would sell.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2006, 11:22 PM
After tonight's game, there might be a bunch of people willing to give up their tickets; PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Boarder
12/10/2006, 11:24 PM
I gave up mine the day they sign owens.

I have the option for next year still. If someone wants them, I'll go ahead and get them from Dallas and sell them. I'm not going to the game anymore, though. I refuse to support a team that has that poop head.

snp
12/10/2006, 11:48 PM

I have the option for next year still. If someone wants them, I'll go ahead and get them from Dallas and sell them. I'm not going to the game anymore, though. I refuse to support a team that has that poop head.

This really confuses me.

Miko
12/11/2006, 12:07 AM
I would love to see houston do well. But it is kinda hard to cheer for a team with livestock on the helmet.

Boarder
12/11/2006, 12:13 AM
What's confusing? I've liked Dallas for 30 years. I've had season tickets for 10 years. This year, I didn't buy them...I took a year off. You can do that and still keep the rights to your seats. Next year, I'm not going to buy them and go to the games. But, if someone wants to buy them, I'll buy them from Dallas and then sell them to the other buyer. If no one wants them, I'm going to give up my seat rights next year and be done with it.

I refuse to go to the games with owens there. I don't even like them anymore. Tonight was fun.

snp
12/11/2006, 12:24 AM
What's confusing? I've liked Dallas for 30 years. I've had season tickets for 10 years. This year, I didn't buy them...I took a year off. You can do that and still keep the rights to your seats. Next year, I'm not going to buy them and go to the games. But, if someone wants to buy them, I'll buy them from Dallas and then sell them to the other buyer. If no one wants them, I'm going to give up my seat rights next year and be done with it.

I refuse to go to the games with owens there. I don't even like them anymore. Tonight was fun.

Because not supporting a team due to one controversial, law-abiding player confuses me. It's not like OU hasn't had its fair share of buttheads through the years.

Different strokes.

Boarder
12/11/2006, 12:28 AM
owens is unlike anything or anyone ever to play the game. There are no comparisons.

Like I said, fan for 30 years. And I dropped them like a bad habit this year because of owens. That should tell you what I think of him.

Oh, you like how Julius Jones runs 77 yards and the first thing they talk about is freaking owens and how he blocks? Even though he didn't even throw a block on that play? The whole thing makes me want to vomit.

snp
12/11/2006, 12:36 AM
That especially makes me want to vomit because I'm a big ND and JJ fan. But I don't think all the blame should be place on TO. About 50% can be chalked up to ESPN, but that's a whole other thread.

SoonerGM
12/11/2006, 12:54 AM
That especially makes me want to vomit because I'm a big ND and JJ fan. But I don't think all the blame should be place on TO. About 50% can be chalked up to ESPN, but that's a whole other thread.

i agree with this. i dont like TO, i love the Dallas Cowboys. i was upset when they got TO. but after watching closely this year, since he is actually on my team, i would say that the MEDIA is a bigger problem than TO. of course, I still think TO is a big jerk, but at least he isnt a thug.

btw, he did throw a block on that big JJ run, sure it wasnt fantastic, but he did get in the way.

and for the tickets, you know TO isnt going to be a Cowboy forever. i dont think you should give up your season tickets so quickly... just my opinion.

Boarder
12/11/2006, 01:49 AM
owens was on the outside of the defender. JJ cut inside. owens was neither blocking nor in the way of anything. JJ ran right by him. Upon futher review Madden said, "well, he didn't really throw much of a block".

The media didn't goof off all training camp. The media didn't get into it with his coach. The media didn't have some freakshow drug overdose thing. The media didn't fall asleep in a meeting. The media didn't DROP the most passes of anyone this year. Since Romo showed up and Dallas has won a few games, you haven't heard as much, but it's coming. it's only a matter of time.

I do agree that the media should never talk to him again and the world will be a better place.

owens has single handedly brought down two teams. He'll make the hat trick, it's only a matter of time.

Remember that one fellow named Keyshawn who got into it with his coach and got suspended the rest of the year? Remember how he pulled his head out and straightened up? Played hard, became a team player, became super productive? Pretty much the opposite of owens since his arrival at Dallas?

The fact Dallas would sign him in the first place sours me on them as a whole. And I can tell you they don't give a flying crap whether or not I buy my tickets. They could not possibly care less about thier fans then they do now.

You should try giving them up. This is the most enjoyable season I've had in years.

snp
12/11/2006, 01:55 AM
Still don't get how you can hate them because of one loud mouth vs all those drug heads that used to be on the team.

Yea, beating up hookers and getting caught with blow can be overlooked. But TO not having an opinion on a matter and that getting reported isn't his fault.

SoonerGM
12/11/2006, 02:05 AM
owens was on the outside of the defender and his hand was on the front of the defender. i still think it wasnt much, but he was in the way. i will trust my own two eyes, with my HD dvr recorder and rewind than i trust Madden's oldness.

owens hasnt brought any teams down, the pressure of the media has. like i said, owens is a jerk. but there are a ton of them in the NFL. you could even make the case that owens is the worst. however his actions are harmless and meaninless to an entire team until the media over amplifies them, and sometimes twists them.

and of course they are going to talk about TO again, they just lost today.

im not going to give up on Dallas, a team with a rich history, just because of 1 player. there are several players that i happen to like on the team, and those are the guys i cheer for. but i guess we all see things differently :)

footballfanatic
12/11/2006, 10:01 AM
Still don't get how you can hate them because of one loud mouth vs all those drug heads that used to be on the team.

Yea, beating up hookers and getting caught with blow can be overlooked. But TO not having an opinion on a matter and that getting reported isn't his fault.

What I hate about TO is that he's dropped more passes than ANY OTHER player in the NFL this season. After dropping at least three balls against NY, he made a catch over the middle, then immediately starts celebrating. Just SHUT UP and PLAY BETTER. Did anyone watch VY's TD against Houston? Houston is absolutely the worst led franchise. you may not love Bush (he sure looked good last night) or VY (who will be Rookie of the Year), but how on earth could they pass on Young because they had David Carr? And instead of Bush, they have Ron Dayne. Surely Bush of Young are better than than those two guys.

Boarder
12/11/2006, 10:53 AM
It's the media's fault? Are you people serious?

Keep supporting them. They don't give a crap about you, I can guarantee.

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 10:58 AM
I don't recall them talking about TO's block on the Jones run. If I remember correctly, Madden commended him on his hustle for running the length of the play and getting in position (getting in front of the defender) to block but JJ had already scored.

Boarder
12/11/2006, 11:05 AM
They did.

JJ just ran 77 yards. And they talked about owens.

Mjcpr
12/11/2006, 11:07 AM
They also talked about Flozell's block and Hoyte's.

hurricane'bone
12/11/2006, 12:43 PM

I'll give you tree fiddy and an half eaten bag of cheetos.

bluedogok
12/11/2006, 12:49 PM
I did hear something interesting on the ESPN NFL morning show, I think it was Chris Mortensen who said that the T.O. contract was actually a series of 3-1 year contracts. He said that he didn't think they would take the option for next year or the year after because his production didn't meet up with expectations....and I am sure the media circus would affect that decision as well.

It will be interesting to see if that really happens.

mrowl
12/11/2006, 01:09 PM
I did hear something interesting on the ESPN NFL morning show, I think it was Chris Mortensen who said that the T.O. contract was actually a series of 3-1 year contracts. He said that he didn't think they would take the option for next year or the year after because his production didn't meet up with expectations....and I am sure the media circus would affect that decision as well.

It will be interesting to see if that really happens.

this is true. He didn't get much up front, he gets paid only if he makes the team.

snp
12/11/2006, 02:33 PM
VY (who will be Rookie of the Year), but how on earth could they pass on Young because they had David Carr? And instead of Bush, they have Ron Dayne. Surely Bush of Young are better than than those two guys.

Like I've already said, VY is not a fit for Kubiak's system. He loves the short passes which depend on accuracy and reading the defense, something Carr excels at. I guess we can forget that this leads to no points, but whatever.

He also comes from Denver, and we all know what Denver thinks about top-notch RBs. The Texans don't need another receiving threat when they have 2 very talented WR and a couple other guys that have lots of potential.

It's the media's fault? Are you people serious?

Keep supporting them. They don't give a crap about you, I can guarantee.

We never said it's entirely the media's fault, but they contribute significantly.

And I don't support them, I'm a Texans fan. :(

Penguin
12/11/2006, 05:05 PM
How did this become a Dallas thread?

trwxxa
12/11/2006, 07:50 PM

I went to one of the local sporting goods stores over the weekend to get some T-shirts for visiting family. If you buy $50 worth of Reebok licensed Texans gear, you get two tickets to the Colts game Christmas Eve. This tells me there will be more than enough tickets to go around next year.

trwxxa
12/11/2006, 07:54 PM
What I hate about TO is that he's dropped more passes than ANY OTHER player in the NFL this season. After dropping at least three balls against NY, he made a catch over the middle, then immediately starts celebrating. Just SHUT UP and PLAY BETTER. Did anyone watch VY's TD against Houston? Houston is absolutely the worst led franchise. you may not love Bush (he sure looked good last night) or VY (who will be Rookie of the Year), but how on earth could they pass on Young because they had David Carr? And instead of Bush, they have Ron Dayne. Surely Bush of Young are better than than those two guys.

They did not pick up Dayne until the preseason. I believe if Kubiak knew that Dominick Davis was going to be out the entire year, and probably for good, the Texans would have taken Bush.

shavedmarmoset
12/11/2006, 08:22 PM
Dallas < Houston

Ahhh...That's better.

bluedogok
12/11/2006, 09:00 PM
I went to one of the local sporting goods stores over the weekend to get some T-shirts for visiting family. If you buy $50 worth of Reebok licensed Texans gear, you get two tickets to the Colts game Christmas Eve. This tells me there will be more than enough tickets to go around next year.
I was just going off of what was told to me when I inquired about tickets in a call to the Texans and the few season ticket holders that I know. I do know that many corporate tickets are bought for giveaways and that leads to many empty seats, remember OU basketball tickets anyone?. It wouldn't surprise me for tickets to be available next year.

trwxxa
12/11/2006, 10:46 PM
I was just going off of what was told to me when I inquired about tickets in a call to the Texans and the few season ticket holders that I know. I do know that many corporate tickets are bought for giveaways and that leads to many empty seats, remember OU basketball tickets anyone?. It wouldn't surprise me for tickets to be available next year.

You are correct regarding the corporate tickets. The club level is usually half full for games as most of these tickets go unused or the people are in the bar area to be "seen"

The end zone and much of the third level are where us regular folk sit and those are the seats that will be readily available.

badger
12/11/2006, 11:12 PM
ron dayne has his moments--- and i'm not just saying that because i'm "badger."

shavedmarmoset
12/12/2006, 01:43 AM
Ron Dayne has had two solid games back to back for Houston. 95 yards and a 5.3 ypc avg against Oakland and 87 yards and 2 TD's today. Took him seven years to come into his own, but maybe it's happening.

soonerinabilene
12/12/2006, 11:24 AM
i have always said that houston took mario williams because they knew that even if they had bush, they would still be bad enough to get a top 3 pick this year, and they would be going after AD, who fits kubiak's running system much better than bush. this way they could at least get a guy that can turn into a pro-bowl DE and get their franchise RB the next year.