PDA

View Full Version : I'm seriously getting tired of that Fox robot

Penguin
12/10/2006, 04:57 PM
I hate that stupid robot thing jumping around after every commercial break on the Fox NFL games.

I don't know why I hate it so much, but I do. :mad:

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2006, 05:05 PM
It hates you more.

GottaHavePride
12/10/2006, 05:28 PM
Why do you hate Optimus Prime's retarded kid brother?

AllAboutThe'O'
12/10/2006, 11:29 PM
When that stupid robot came on and they were promoting the "Eragon" movie, the dragon from that movie breathed fire on the robot and destroyed it.

Hooray, dragon!!:D

bri
12/10/2006, 11:36 PM
That dragon is my new hero.

The Fox-bots are teh suck. I will always hate Fox for their total and unwarranted nerding up of football coverage.

SCOUT
12/11/2006, 12:01 AM
Remember when football broadcast featured the actual game? Now it seems like the game gets in the way of the special interest stories, "inside commentary," game analysis, and of course the obligatory facial close up.

I miss the good old days.

bri
12/11/2006, 12:08 AM
Oh, I don't know...I find the awkward and forced segues that the vapid sideline betties have to try so they can share heartwarming stories about how the left tackle's third cousin twice removed has wicked bad earaches and can't watch him play in person because of the crowd noise.

lil'duck
12/11/2006, 12:16 AM
those vapid sideline betties are the worst, by and by. The hair-bears, the jewelry, the clothes..yuck. I hate that they "pretty" them up for sports casting. And they are always finding someone's shoe and showing how big it is and how they have to special order it....blech.

and yes, robo-NFL thingy is retarded, too.

bri
12/11/2006, 12:17 AM
[:dean:]Shoes is the only thing them wimmin should be reportin' on during a game. It's the only thing they know about, anyway. That and makin' babies.[/:dean:]

:D

lil'duck
12/11/2006, 12:21 AM
[:dean:]Shoes is the only thing them wimmin should be reportin' on during a game. It's the only thing they know about, anyway. That and makin' babies.[/:dean:]

:D

plllthhhh. the vapid men sideline casters do it, too. :rolleyes:

bri
12/11/2006, 12:28 AM
Well yeah, but that's just because Ian Eagle and John Dockery LOVE huge wangs. :D

silverwheels
12/11/2006, 12:28 AM
I hate it, too. The first thing I thought of when Fox got rights to all the BCS games except the Rose Bowl was that stupid robot. I thought, "Dammit, now we'll have to deal with that idiotic piece of crap when OU is playing in the BCS."

lil'duck
12/11/2006, 12:32 AM
I hate it, too. The first thing I thought of when Fox got rights to all the BCS games except the Rose Bowl was that stupid robot. I thought, "Dammit, now we'll have to deal with that idiotic piece of crap when OU is playing in the BCS."

oh man, now I'm scared. I thought it was just a "today" NFL thing. Is this thing actually going to be a fixture?

bri
12/11/2006, 12:37 AM
Actually, I don't think they have the 'bots for their college football coverage...but it's hard to remember for sure, since I'm usually still half-asleep and hung over during the Cotton Bowl. :D

silverwheels
12/11/2006, 12:38 AM
oh man, now I'm scared. I thought it was just a "today" NFL thing. Is this thing actually going to be a fixture?

They've had that robot for what seems like forever (even back when they carried the NHL). I'm just assuming that it will be there for the BCS games, too. I really, really hope not.

VeeJay
12/11/2006, 10:09 AM
I don't like the robot either. WTF?

The only thing more annoying was about 10 years ago, Fox rolled out this pink trail that followed the hockey puck.

49r
12/11/2006, 05:30 PM
On Thanksgiving they had a robot turkey...

SicEmBaylor
12/11/2006, 05:40 PM
What song does Fox use for their MLB coverage?
It's kind of catchy.

Penguin
12/11/2006, 05:47 PM
I also love how they have a commercial betwwen the kickoff and the first play of the series.

Next, we'll have a commercial between the touchdown and PAT.

Mixer!
12/11/2006, 07:38 PM
Fox MLB theme. (http://foxmusic-content.av.net/preview/mastertone/sports/mlb.mp3)

YW.

tbl
12/11/2006, 11:27 PM
The robot is better than the pre-game crap that NBC is putting out there for their games. I mean, Pink singing Joan Jetts "I hate myself for loving you" with football lyrics???

Other than that, NBC is pretty good. I was loving Al Michaels last night. Apparently he's getting a little grizzled in his old age. When they came back from halftime, he was going off about pyrotechnics at halftime and all the smoke they leave. I mean he was ticked!

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2006, 11:28 PM
Well, that and the "What in the hell were the Texans thinking" comment were both pretty amusing.

Penguin
12/11/2006, 11:34 PM
Well, that and the "What in the hell were the Texans thinking" comment were both pretty amusing.
Mmmmkay. I need details. When did he say that?

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2006, 11:35 PM
I believe he said it shortly after Bush scored on that screen pass.

Penguin
12/11/2006, 11:40 PM
I believe he said it shortly after Bush scored on that screen pass.

Yeah, but when did he say it?