PDA

View Full Version : Mark Clayton...

The Maestro
12/10/2006, 02:56 PM
...will be on ESPN a lot tonight. He just caught an 87 yard TD pass where he had a double move and left no defender within 20 yards of him by the time he caught the ball at around midfield.

What a great freaking player! Attention high school receivers--seen the players OU is putting in the pro's and being productive lately?

King Crimson
12/10/2006, 02:58 PM
just saw that--we ALWAYS get AFC West games in Denver.

MC=stud.

FriscoSooner
12/10/2006, 03:07 PM
How about Clint Ingram showing up big today for Jax against the Colts!

Collier11
12/10/2006, 03:20 PM
How about Clint Ingram showing up big today for Jax against the Colts!

Ingram has one tackle, I love the guy but how is that "showing up big" ;)

SleestakSooner
12/10/2006, 03:29 PM
Well he is one big DT :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
12/10/2006, 03:41 PM
Brandon Jones is having a nice season for the Titans..Bradley did really well when Berrian went on the injury list.......Travis Wilson has been active for one game this year...hasnt even sniffed the field.....

DrZaius
12/10/2006, 06:02 PM
Yep...Brandon and Mark are having good seasons.

snp
12/10/2006, 06:15 PM
He should've gotten the ball 15 times a game at OU.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/10/2006, 06:45 PM
mark has an outside shot at 1000 yards on the season (he needs 227 yards in 3 games). not bad for a kid that wasn't even the 3rd best WR on his high school team (per geoff ketchum).

AUGUSTUS-CAESAR
12/10/2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah, you'd think recruits would look at OUr receivers having NFL success and want to come here, but then what about those games this year (ATM) where we threw the ball like what twice the entire game? I know we did what we thought we had to do to win the game but if I'm a big-time WR...kinda makes me think.

sooner518
12/10/2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, you'd think recruits would look at OUr receivers having NFL success and want to come here, but then what about those games this year (ATM) where we threw the ball like what twice the entire game? I know we did what we thought we had to do to win the game but if I'm a big-time WR...kinda makes me think.
Kelly is having himself a pretty productive year. The A&M game was an aberration

mdklatt
12/10/2006, 07:30 PM
He just caught an 87 yard TD pass where he had a double move and left no defender within 20 yards of him by the time he caught the ball at around midfield.

Not to take anything away from Mark Clayton, but that had to be a defensive blunder. I didn't see any double move, but I did see two Chief DBs watch him blow past without batting an eye. Oops. That will be a TMQ Sour Play for sure, and possibly even a Sweet and Sour Play.

snp
12/10/2006, 07:58 PM

It's not like we haven't landed our fair share of talented WR over the years.

Sooner_Havok
12/10/2006, 08:16 PM
He also had those two circus catches earlyier this year.

AUGUSTUS-CAESAR
12/10/2006, 10:06 PM
We do have great receivers, we have had great receivers, and I don't doubt we'll attract our fair share of them in the future, and Malcolm Kelly is a beast! I was just saying we played a couple of games that were not real conducive to luring in big-time WR recruits. Now next year with AD off to the pros I'm betting our offense will become more diverse from the get-go, what with our receivers having another year experience, and assuming one of our QB's comes through.

badger
12/10/2006, 10:06 PM
I think crystal balls are the best recruiting tools:
http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics10/200/CW/CWKALWNWVWPVREO.20040204193824.jpg

(that is why texas gets all the recruits. they have three)

DrZaius
12/10/2006, 10:25 PM
I have crystal balls and it does not seem to help me as much..?

badger
12/10/2006, 10:34 PM
that's because an appraiser found them to be glass, and breakable balls get hung from christmas trees.

:cool:

OUinFLA
12/10/2006, 10:51 PM

I have no idea what you have posted since you changed your avatar.
I cant seem to get out of that column in order to read whatever it is you have to say.

badger
12/10/2006, 10:53 PM
I have no idea what you have posted since you changed your avatar.
I cant seem to get out of that column in order to read whatever it is you have to say.
strange... I can ignore his avatar just fine :D

OUinFLA
12/10/2006, 11:07 PM
well, I can ignore it now.
wish I had saved that one.
:D

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2006, 11:53 PM
One thing i can't figure out about the Ravens offense is Clayton will have a good game and get 5-6 catches, around 100 yards, and a TD, then about 2 or 3 games where he only gets 2 or 3; do they just not throw him the ball much?

AUGUSTUS-CAESAR
12/10/2006, 11:58 PM
One thing i can't figure out about the Ravens offense is Clayton will have a good game and get 5-6 catches, around 100 yards, and a TD, then about 2 or 3 games where he only gets 2 or 3; do they just not throw him the ball much?

I think the Ravens view themselves as a team that is going to play "D" and run the ball primarily - some of that old-school ball. I think for them the passing game is sort of secondary, something they resort to to keep the other team somewhat honest, or use when the other team forces them into it.

SoonerGM
12/11/2006, 12:25 AM
just think, MC prolly could have incredible games if they utilized him better. did you see today that most of the balls thrown to him were basically all the same play? short passes to the sideline. of course, we all know he can execute this like no other, but the problem is, they had it defended all day long. if the guy is getting hit by 3 people immediatly after catching the ball.. every single time you run the play, stop running that play!

i also think that the bears do not utlize Bradley well enough. the guy has had games where he was bascially the only player to produce offensively. instead they keep throwing the ball to guys who drop. here is a little inside tip for you rex grossman, i know you have been struggling: throw it to the guy that is open and can catch the ball, not the guy that is double teamed because you throw it to him every down, and drops the ball if it hits his hand anyway.

arlington
12/11/2006, 01:03 AM
Dang, i hate to defend Ketch but he was actually correct on Clayton..In his senior year, the featured receiver was Shirdonya Mitchell(Mizzou) and he was 1st team ALL State and they had 1 other guy i cant remember his name right now..They couldnt stop anyone and finished like 5-5 with games 49-45 and MC had a nice year, around 50 grabs 800 yards and 6 tds..The other 2 guys were way above that..Plus our biggest recruiting competition for the guy was Sam Houston..Remember hearing the stories about Clayton showing up on campus and tearing a muscle lifting weights for the 1st time? And he was our last recruit in that class, behind 3 other receivers as well...Clayton is a great example of how far you can go with hard work but that doesnt change the fact that he was a less than big time recruit as Ketch stated.

AUGUSTUS-CAESAR
12/11/2006, 01:07 AM
Dang, i hate to defend Ketch but he was actually correct on Clayton..In his senior year, the featured receiver was Shirdonya Mitchell(Mizzou) and he was 1st team ALL State and they had 1 other guy i cant remember his name right now..They couldnt stop anyone and finished like 5-5 with games 49-45 and MC had a nice year, around 50 grabs 800 yards and 6 tds..The other 2 guys were way above that..Plus our biggest recruiting competition for the guy was Sam Houston..Remember hearing the stories about Clayton showing up on campus and tearing a muscle lifting weights for the 1st time? And he was our last recruit in that class, behind 3 other receivers as well...Clayton is a great example of how far you can go with hard work but that doesnt change the fact that he was a less than big time recruit as Ketch stated.

Clayton is a great story...as are many of the other under-recruited palyers we had at that time. Great to see so many of them now making $$$ playing the game.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/11/2006, 02:23 AM

he ran a 5 flat when he showed up on campus. i think it points more to the fact that our staff used to find these guys on an annual basis. seems we've gotten lazy uncovering gems lately and taking guys like ketch's word for it.

Collier11
12/11/2006, 02:30 AM
he ran a 4.7-4.8 There isnt a D1 coach in the world that would recruit a reciever that runs a 5 flat...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/11/2006, 10:22 AM
he ran a 4.7-4.8 There isnt a D1 coach in the world that would recruit a reciever that runs a 5 flat...

he said it in an article. venables recruited him because of the way he competed, oh and because bj johnson committed to texas.