PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Top 10 of the Season

Sco
12/10/2006, 03:33 AM
Yeah. I happened to catch this on my break at work. They played it about 10 or so minutes before the Heisman ceremony - I'm actually shocked there isn't a thread on this already.

There were some that were good calls - Oregon State's tip and UCLA's interception to beat USC were on there... One of the ND victories, some Pittsburg thing...

The one that ****ed me off was #5 - how Oregon made a great comeback to defeat the Sooners. Yeah. No mention of the bad calls, but the touchdown pass and the blocked field goal were shown.

Gah. What bull****.

Jimminy Crimson
12/10/2006, 03:56 AM
:rolleyes: @ ESPN

All_Day_28
12/10/2006, 05:03 AM
:rolleyes: @ ESPN
what's new?:cool:

ClintonSooner
12/10/2006, 10:05 AM
fellas remember that it wasnt a bad call, just "controversial":mad:

shavedmarmoset
12/10/2006, 10:12 AM
I'm so tired of people calling it "controversial". It wasn't controversial it was plain wrong and as a member of the media, I can tell you that describing the call as anything other than incorrect is bad journalism.

soonersam
12/10/2006, 10:46 AM
This just in !!!! the media isnt in love with oklahoma.

AlabamaSooner
12/10/2006, 11:38 AM
Anyone who has an IQ above 0 knows what happened in that game. Oregon fans know that the game was gift wrapped for them. Look where we are now though...Big 12 Champs and a BCS bowl game. Can't complain about that. Almost makes it that much sweeter honestly.

Sco
12/10/2006, 02:43 PM
This just in !!!! the media isnt in love with oklahoma.

:eek: Since when?????

arcman46
12/10/2006, 03:02 PM
I'm not a big believer in Karma, but look at what happened because of the Oregon game. We went on to a really good season, won the Big 12 and ended up going to a BCS game. Oregon on the other hand, folded like a deck of cards and had a crap season. Barely making a bowl game. What would have happened if Oregon had done the right thing and forfeits the game, like they should? who knows. All I can say is who gives a **** what the idiots at ESPN think.:pop: :D

bluedogok
12/10/2006, 04:09 PM
The problem is that ESPN has become the de facto ruler of all that is college football. FOX, NBC and CBS are bit players, the only saving grace would be if FOX decided to promote their BCS package with regular season games to FOX affiliates along with the RSN coverage. If they do, they ned to change the in-studio toads for the college game.

Dan Thompson
12/10/2006, 04:20 PM
Dan Fouts(sp) who was broadcasting the game and is a Oregon grad, said at the time that it was a bad call and he repeated that statement a number of times.

SoonerDood
12/10/2006, 07:15 PM
would Oregon still have made a bowl game at 6-6? Would they have gotten chosen over Mike or Wazzu?

Crucifax Autumn
12/10/2006, 07:30 PM
I think they would have. They'd be getting respect and sympathy and slide in there.

snp
12/10/2006, 08:03 PM
:eek: Since when?????

Since the media dubbed us the greatest team ever. We were loved by the media that year.

rainiersooner
12/11/2006, 02:07 AM
Dan Fouts(sp) who was broadcasting the game and is a Oregon grad, said at the time that it was a bad call and he repeated that statement a number of times.

Actually, I remember what he said. He said it was one of the worst calls he had ever seen.

kevpks
12/11/2006, 02:23 AM
I think what the Big XII needs is its own network, like CBSEC. It seems like that is all you need to get media respect. Fox and ABC give us pretty weak support in the form of a few comments by announcers during our games, or in the form of a sentence or two from Flutie flake and others.

I think the perception that the SEC is always the best conference from the fact that it is in the best interest of CBS to promote them as such. OUr conference has the worst leadership. The whole reason we added the four heathen teams down south was to make this the best conference. To reach that status, we need our own network with brain-dead washed up former coaches in a studio to say "the Big XII is the best conference" once every 45 seconds of air time.

Sco
12/11/2006, 08:21 AM
Since the media dubbed us the greatest team ever. We were loved by the media that year.

Psst. Sarcasm.

bluedogok
12/11/2006, 12:55 PM
The Big 10(11) Network is starting up for next season and I saw a report where the Big 12 is "researching" the possibility of doing their own network.