PDA

View Full Version : Discover Card Called....

Mjcpr
12/9/2006, 11:41 PM
They were wanting to make sure all those charges today were legitimate. :eek: I can say that's the first time I ever had that happen.

Christmas shopping is the best. :mad:

skycat
12/9/2006, 11:56 PM
What'd ya get me?

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2006, 11:59 PM
I've had them cut my card off temporarily; because, I bought gas from the same station on the same day. The second time I went in there they told me my card was declined because of a potential fraud issue.

Mjcpr
12/9/2006, 11:59 PM
12 hours of shuteye. :)

skycat
12/10/2006, 12:41 AM
12 hours of shuteye. :)

I think I love you.

slickdawg
12/10/2006, 08:41 AM
They were wanting to make sure all those charges today were legitimate. :eek: I can say that's the first time I ever had that happen.

Every time slickwife or I go shopping for big ticket items (new fridge, etc) or
we're on travel, Discover calls.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/10/2006, 09:08 AM
Also like if you live on the border between states, they shut it off and call because my Mom has been cut off twice because she bought something in Durant and then bought something in Sherman Texas just an hour later!

VeeJay
12/10/2006, 09:32 AM
You can call the credit card co. before the shopping and tell them there are going to be some big charges during the day.

I put my daughter's car purchase on my AmEx card a few months ago (paid back with a no-interest loan to her from my parents), called them before I made the charge so there wouldn't be an issue.

StoopTroup
12/10/2006, 10:16 AM
About 15 years ago I handled lots of credit card fraud issues for the Corporation I worked at.

Although it may seem quite a bit of hassle when they do this now...

It's also amazing to me as to how they are now becoming concerned with the amount of fraud instead of simply writing it off as a statistic.

There was a ring of fraud from a Tennessee Prison where the inmates were ordering stuff over the phone and they had folks on the outside picking up the stuff at empty houses. I guess they would sit in the driveway waiting for the delivery guy...lol.

Mjcpr
12/10/2006, 11:25 AM
Every time slickwife or I go shopping for big ticket items (new fridge, etc) or
we're on travel, Discover calls.

Yeah, we bought a sofa and end table yesterday....I think that's probably what pushed them over the edge. :D

I didn't consider it a hassle, I was glad they called actually.

1stTimeCaller
12/10/2006, 11:33 AM

Hey Pat, Al Gore stole your pw!!!!

Mjcpr
12/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Pat, Al Gore stole your pw!!!!

:D

Please. He drops that much at Starbucks.

slickdawg
12/10/2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, we bought a sofa and end table yesterday....I think that's probably what pushed them over the edge. :D

I didn't consider it a hassle, I was glad they called actually.

I'm glad they do it. It also helps us bust each other if we're shopping too much.

Slickwife was in Salt Lake City a few weeks ago, and they called. They went
over each charge, so I had fun asking her "how was dinner at blah blah,
and shopping at blah blah blah"

:D

BajaOklahoma
12/10/2006, 06:21 PM
We put almost everything on the credit card and pay it off at the end of each month.
We just let them know that there will be charges in both states and they don't even call us on that anymore. And I can do back-to- back charges at stores (spearate receipts for work) without an issue.