PDA

View Full Version : So... question to the boards...

goingoneight
12/9/2006, 08:48 PM
Who here predicted in August that we would possibly lose to Tejas, but still make it to Glendale??? Who predicted that we wouldn't need Brent Rhomar? Who predicted that we were strong enough to survive places like College Station and Boone's Farm Stadium without the help of AD???

Even if you did, does it still feel weird, like a good kind of weird? Like super-proud of PT, very excited about 2007, soooo ready for 'BS' University kinda weird?

Boomer, I say... Boomer--

:D

StoopTroup
12/9/2006, 08:54 PM
Sooner....

SouthFortySooner
12/9/2006, 08:57 PM
"Not I said the little... " :)

Miko
12/9/2006, 08:59 PM
Preseason I expected a one-loss season (most likely ut or atm) and did not expect the departed one to be missed. I didn't expect a trip to KC and really didn't expect the huge pick up in the ground game with AD playing cheerleader.

Phenominal season! In Bob we trust!

StoopTroup
12/9/2006, 09:04 PM
I didn't think we'd lose to Oregon or Texas.

goingoneight
12/9/2006, 09:07 PM
we lost to Oregon??? :confused:

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2006, 10:27 PM
Boomer, I say... Boomer--

:Dhttp://www.jwccpa.com/images/foghorn.gif

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2006, 10:31 PM
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if the SOONER Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'
http://www.britannica.com/nobel/art/ochurch001p1.jpg

CORNholio
12/10/2006, 02:50 AM
I predicted another national championship (just like every year). Things ended a little different (just like every year....well almost every year)

MamaMia
12/10/2006, 10:42 AM
I remember saying that if we could make it past Oregon, Texas and Texas A&M, we would have a chance to play for it all, the Big XII Championship as well as the National Championship.

When we lost to Texas, I doubted very seriously that we would have a chance at the conference championship since the only team left on the Longhorns schedule that could possibly beat them was Texas A&M, but the game was being played in Austin. Including myself, not alot of people were thinking that the Aggies would beat the Longhorns in their own back yard.

I have never been so happy at the outcome of a game in which the Sooners weren't even playing, in all my life, as I was the night the Aggies beat the Longhorns right there in Austin. :eek:

I'm grateful for how our season turned out and so very proud of the Sooners. What a great year; and my goodness, now here we are on our way to the Fiesta Bowl! :D

Just so y'all know, the words "Oregon beat us" will never ever cross my lips. :)

sooner518
12/10/2006, 11:00 AM
not gonna lie. I predicted every single thing.
:D

badger
12/10/2006, 12:56 PM
I kind of zoned out this season. It helps when you're surrounded by the silent crowd at Memorial Stadium.

After the first half, I thought OU had texas. After the first 3.9 quarters, I thought OU had Oregon.

But... such is the nature of college football. At least we ended up in the same spot as one of the undefeated teams, even if they owe it all to Smurf Turf.

OUmillenium
12/10/2006, 01:18 PM
Once the Texas game was lost, I thought our Big 12 chances were done.

I was in Dallas at the Intercontinental with a bunch of Jenks teachers/admin the night of the KSU win over the shorthorns. In the hotel, there was a massive open banquet room set up as a Longhorn watch party. Orange horn decor everywhere. Tons of UT hats and souvenirs for the attendees. Couple of huge big-screens.

You should have seen the crowd at the end of the game and just after. Many were pi#$ed. Some were acting as if 1 loss, no big deal.

I would walk down from my 8th floor room to check out the atmosphere every once in a while during the game.

After this game was when I started to believe we had a shot again. Please forgive me for ever losing hope! With Mack at the helm of the whorns...we always have hope!

Blues1
12/10/2006, 01:32 PM
ONE thing I remember saying "before" the season started was .....

110% behind PT --- !!!!

Now thats a "real good feel" story.......

But to make this season ALL IT Can Be ---- We all know what must GO down on 1/1/07
Get Rockin'
BOOMER SOONER....!!!!

mdklatt
12/10/2006, 01:42 PM
Who here predicted in August that we would possibly lose to Tejas, but still make it to Glendale???

I never would have dismissed the possibility.

Who predicted that we wouldn't need Brent Rhomar?

Me.

Sco
12/10/2006, 02:41 PM
It just goes to show how truly incredible our team is. Through adversity and injury, Bob Stoops simply does not know how to lose.

DrZaius
12/10/2006, 10:38 PM
This surely has to go as one of the most special season in Sooner Lore.

PT is a complete WINNER!

The Preach Man
12/10/2006, 10:49 PM
we lost to Oregon??? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing.:confused: