PDA

View Full Version : You guys think there's any chance?

All_Day_28
12/9/2006, 03:06 PM
that next year our jerseys are the right color and actually match the helmets?

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2006, 03:16 PM
I just want the names back on.

All_Day_28
12/9/2006, 03:19 PM
that too

Doged
12/9/2006, 03:20 PM
I just want the names back on.

Seconded. No names is annoying.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/9/2006, 03:21 PM
I hear Castiglione is going to make some bank by using his players like stock cars and put sponsers where the name tag is supposed to go "That 5 yard carry by Allen Patrick brought to you by Pizza Hut"

Blues1
12/9/2006, 03:24 PM
Don't Change nothin' - everything is working fine -- No Jinx - IF it works don't Fix it....!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
12/9/2006, 03:32 PM
Are we the fashion police? As long as we don't go Oregon on the unis all is well.

StoopTroup
12/9/2006, 04:02 PM
I got used to after 6 or 7 games.

birddog
12/9/2006, 04:49 PM
first time i've ever really known who the players were by learning the #'s.

i could go either way because i think we have the coolest looking uni's of all time.

we could have easily gotten screwed many moons ago and chose purple, orange, or green. so i won't complain too much if we don't have names on the back.

FlatheadSooner
12/9/2006, 04:56 PM
I've started to like the offset color difference between jerseys and helmets. Kind of looks retro and also begins to set us apart from the Piggies and Hoosiers - copycats! :)

goingoneight
12/9/2006, 05:26 PM
I think the no names is no big dealio. It keeps kids from banking off of a college jersey with their name on it. NTM, after about two or three games, you figure out who everyone is anyway, so it's not like you're stuck trying to figure out who the hell number 19 is against Tejas.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/9/2006, 05:32 PM
I Didn't know the NCAA was kids?

Jimminy Crimson
12/9/2006, 11:16 PM
I think it should be either as it is now, with SOONERS on front and no name on back, or nothing on the front and name on the back.

:confused:

AlabamaSooner
12/9/2006, 11:19 PM
I just want the names back. We're such a young team that I find myself asking, "Who the heck is that?"

Aries
12/10/2006, 09:22 AM
I think the no names is no big dealio. It keeps kids from banking off of a college jersey with their name on it. NTM, after about two or three games, you figure out who everyone is anyway, so it's not like you're stuck trying to figure out who the hell number 19 is against Tejas.

I'm probably misunderstanding what you're saying... but the players can't profit from the sale of jerseys with their names on them, nor can the companies that produce them use their names. That's why the replica jerseys in stores don't have names.

Pro: The replicas without the names look just like the actual players jerseys without the name.

Con: I figure out some of the primary players through the course of the season, but especially backups and less prominent players, I can't tell who they are usually.

Personally, I'd like to see the names back. But I think I understand why they removed them, and it looks like maybe it worked?

Big Red Ron
12/10/2006, 11:40 AM
I'm thinking anything red, names and Reebock will work for me.

sooneron
12/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Put me with the whiny crowd. I hate the color of this year's unis. It's real dingy looking. The previous ones had some pop to them. Plus, they use two types of fabric and b/c of the texture, it looks two tone. Hate them. I would like the names back, but I guess I could live w/out them. I just get confused by the linemen.

OUmillenium
12/10/2006, 01:30 PM
I just want the names back. We're such a young team that I find myself asking, "Who the heck is that?"

I agree. I like the names on. Bozworth over a #44 was a beautiful sight, sort of like Jackson #88, Heupel 14, Calmus 20, Peterson 28.

Doncha think?

King Crimson
12/10/2006, 01:47 PM
this is the first year i can remember the helmet and jersey (home) being at odds colorwise. i'm always amazed the extent to which the lighting in a stadium causes our unis to appear anywhere from maroon to bass boat candy apple red.

i do like the white shoes with the home uni and black for the roadie.

All_Day_28
12/10/2006, 02:15 PM
Put me with the whiny crowd. I hate the color of this year's unis. It's real dingy looking. The previous ones had some pop to them. Plus, they use two types of fabric and b/c of the texture, it looks two tone. Hate them. I would like the names back, but I guess I could live w/out them. I just get confused by the linemen.
thank you.. I am in total agreement..