PDA

View Full Version : Come, son of Jor-El.

Frozen Sooner
12/8/2006, 11:36 PM
Kneel before Zod!

This movie is awesome camp.

Widescreen
12/9/2006, 12:40 AM
Planet Hooston.

tbl
12/9/2006, 01:16 AM
Is there a better movie villain?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2006, 01:20 AM
Well, before they turned Darth Vader into a whiny little cakeboy there was, but now?

No way. Terrance Stamp as Zod=teh roxxorz.

crawfish
12/9/2006, 01:21 AM
You watching the Donner version? How is it?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2006, 01:26 AM
It's good. Better, in fact. It was also in high definition, because I rule.

Here there be spoilers:

The cellophane "S" doesn't exist any more.
The big Superman=Clark reveal is better.
The ending is actually the way Donner wanted to end it that got tacked on to the ending of Superman I. Now, Superman Returns actually makes a little bit of sense with why Lois wouldn't know the kid was Superman's. Of course, it does turn him into kind of a date-rapist.
There's some scenes that are the same dialog but blocked better. Donner is just a superior director to the guy that hacked his film up.

yermom
12/9/2006, 01:48 AM
and i thought this was about Mallrats :)

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2006, 01:49 AM
Well, it could be about Mallrats as well.

soonerboomer93
12/9/2006, 04:42 AM
I think Lois knew all along who's kid it was, she just didn't want others to know

Okla-homey
12/9/2006, 08:22 AM
How could Superman have secks with a ordinary woman without blowing the top of her head off anyway? Think about it. ;)

wondering.

John Kochtoston
12/9/2006, 08:44 AM
How could Superman have secks with a ordinary woman without blowing the top of her head off anyway? Think about it. ;)

wondering.

You're right. It would probably have to be a vier, or funf at best.

Widescreen
12/9/2006, 10:25 AM

wondering.
I guess I thought that was what the thread title was referring to. Isn't that what Lois said in the re-cut version?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2006, 10:47 AM

wondering.

Thank you, Harlan Ellison.

sanantoniosooner
12/9/2006, 10:53 AM
hitchhiking to the fortress of solitude = lamest thing I ever saw in my life

tbl
12/9/2006, 11:08 PM
I wonder if the version I have is the Donner version. I got it a couple of months ago, but I don't recall there being anything special about it. If I got the old one right before the rereleased version came out, I'm gonna be ticked (at myself for being we todd did).

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2006, 01:19 AM
I wonder if the version I have is the Donner version. I got it a couple of months ago, but I don't recall there being anything special about it. If I got the old one right before the rereleased version came out, I'm gonna be ticked (at myself for being we todd did).

You did. The Donner cut just came out a couple of weeks ago. If your copy doesn't say "The Donner Cut" in big letters on it, you got the theatrical release.

King Crimson
12/10/2006, 01:29 AM
i like Harlan Ellison.

yermom
12/10/2006, 02:56 AM

wondering.

and even MORE Mallrats :D

Superman would have to wear a Kryptonite condom

well, unless he was with Wonder Woman

Vaevictis
12/10/2006, 03:04 AM

wondering.

Super-condoms. Made out of super-skin.

(kinda like lambskin condoms, except he peeled it off of himself. And you know that if that's what it took to get you laid, you'd do it too.)

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2006, 02:18 PM
and even MORE Mallrats :D

Superman would have to wear a Kryptonite condom

well, unless he was with Wonder Woman

Pff. Kevin Smith ripped that whole thing off of Harlan Ellison.

yermom
12/10/2006, 03:06 PM
who is Harlan Ellison? ;)

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2006, 03:31 PM
who is Harlan Ellison? ;)

Crap. While Harlan Ellison is a huge Superman fan, Kevin Smith actually stole Brodie's rant from Larry Niven, not Ellison.

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex (http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html)

Penguin
1/8/2007, 04:24 PM
I finally saw the thing today. I like it a whole better than the Superman 2.

I wish the movie had ended at Lois' apartment. Wasn't it so sweet when they showed that Superman really didn't kill anybody? Good grief.

When Superman rescued that kid at Niagra Falls, some woman says, "What a nice guy. Of course, he's Jewish!" :D

crawfish
1/8/2007, 04:37 PM
Crap. While Harlan Ellison is a huge Superman fan, Kevin Smith actually stole Brodie's rant from Larry Niven, not Ellison.

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex (http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html)

I just saw that when re-reading the thread and was going to post the correction.

"Gutting her like a trout". Heh.