PDA

View Full Version : Just thought Id share this happy experience with everyone...

Melo
12/8/2006, 05:35 PM
So the last few days have held a lot of major decisions for me. Ive decided that I am not happy at school, I'm not happy in this town, and I am not happy with my major. So if I am not happy, whats the point in me staying? There isn't much of one. My parents and I all think I am making the right decision to come home for a semester and rethink things. Now I'll have time to really figure out what I want to do with my life, and what I need to do to be happy.

Anyways, I broke the news to the boyfriend last night that I would be moving a good 45 minutes away from him. He was trying not to sound upset, but I could tell that it really hurt him for me to leave. I made sure to let him know, though, that I really needed to do this to be happy, and that I was still going to come see him, etc etc.

He wrote me an email today while I was at band: "anyway, it sucks your moving on back to Katy, but I'll remain at your side where I've stayed since day 1. I love you too..." :D

I think I found a keeper. Melo's happy.

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2006, 05:40 PM
Before this thread heads south, I'll tell you that I moved home for a semester between Junior College and going to UNT, and it did a world of good. I worked, saved some money and cleared my head.

Course, I didn't feel the need to share it with a bunch of strangers on the internet. :D

crawfish
12/8/2006, 05:42 PM
You were wearing that dress when you told him, weren't you? ;)

Melo
12/8/2006, 05:44 PM
Before this thread heads south, I'll tell you that I moved home for a semester between Junior College and going to UNT, and it did a world of good. I worked, saved some money and cleared my head.

Course, I didn't feel the need to share it with a bunch of strangers on the internet. :D

You're not strangers! Well, you are. BUT SOME OF YOU ARENT! ;) I mean, there are a number of you on here who are 'dad' status, SicEm fills the 'online friend who is a girl' status, Doleo fills the 'guy you talk to just so you can feel smarter' status, PG fills the 'other wierdo girl who posts here who, while we never talk to each other directly, still is rather admired by the less older wierdo girl who posts here' status.

See? Family and friends. Mmhm.

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2006, 05:45 PM
You're not strangers! Well, you are. BUT SOME OF YOU ARENT! ;) I mean, there are a number of you on here who are 'dad' status, SicEm fills the 'online friend who is a girl' status, Doleo fills the 'guy you talk to just so you can feel smarter' status, PG fills the 'other wierdo girl who posts here who, while we never talk to each other directly, still is rather admired by the less older wierdo girl who posts here' status.

That's true.

But everybody else thinks you suck.

Sorry.

;)

Melo
12/8/2006, 05:45 PM
You were wearing that dress when you told him, weren't you? ;)

Nope. Actually, I looked a mess, with make up all over from crying, hair pulled back and recovering from a day spent at home with no where to go. :( I was a sad day.

Melo
12/8/2006, 05:46 PM
That's true.

But everybody else thinks you suck.

Sorry.

;)

Thats cool. Youre on my list of 'SO posters who are SOOOOOO gay'. I forgot to mention those people.

TexasSooner01
12/8/2006, 05:48 PM
I am glad you are taking some time off for yourself. Good Luck Melo.

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2006, 05:50 PM
Thats cool. Youre on my list of 'SO posters who are SOOOOOO gay'. I forgot to mention those people.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8927/amazingly20i20dont20givwh0.jpg

:D

Melo
12/8/2006, 05:55 PM
I was just trying to include you. :)

IB4OU2
12/8/2006, 06:00 PM

You forgot Grandpa status...:(

crawfish
12/8/2006, 06:06 PM
Nope. Actually, I looked a mess, with make up all over from crying, hair pulled back and recovering from a day spent at home with no where to go. :( I was a sad day.

Whatever. You still played his "machismo" card. :texan:

Pricetag
12/8/2006, 06:07 PM
Whatever you do, don't get a job waiting tables during your "semester off." Those people tend to find themselves in the same place five years later.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/8/2006, 06:09 PM
What am I? ;)

dolemitesooner
12/8/2006, 06:19 PM
You are in norman

colleyvillesooner
12/8/2006, 06:23 PM
awesome

Flagstaffsooner
12/8/2006, 06:34 PM
Melo, welcome to 18 years old.

Melo
12/8/2006, 06:36 PM
Melo, welcome to 18 years old.

*sigh*
I'm not 18 anymore. Haven't been for awhile.

I'm just happy that finally something is happening. I never thought I would be the kid changing my mind with what I wanted to do.

Sooner_Bob
12/8/2006, 06:41 PM

melwnd . . . :D

Ike
12/8/2006, 06:41 PM
*sigh*

I'm just happy that finally something is happening. I never thought I would be the kid changing my mind with what I wanted to do.

take your time. Nobody ever really knows what they want to do with their life...just that whatever it is, they want to be filthy rich. Especially at 18-22.

Sit back, work a little, enjoy life, and then if and when you decide to go back to school, do so with some clear goals in mind, and also the realization that at some later point, you may again decide that you are not where you want to be...so stay flexible. This kind of stuff happens to everyone at some point, and often multiple times.

dolemitesooner
12/8/2006, 06:54 PM
*sigh*

I'm just happy that finally something is happening. I never thought I would be the kid changing my mind with what I wanted to do.My little baby girl is all grown up

Vaevictis
12/8/2006, 06:56 PM
College is a lot more enjoyable after you've had a real job for awhile.

It seems less like work once you've actually had to do real work ;)

TUSooner
12/8/2006, 09:39 PM

I'm glad you didn't blow my cover by naming me as the aloof but charming James Bond-type man of mystery and danger in your cyber-life. That would have embarrassed me.

BTW, Some time off to take in the big picture is good.
Just don't overdo it: It took me 15 years to get my BA. :rolleyes:

sooner n houston
12/8/2006, 09:49 PM
Wow, when did being happy become a end in and of it's self? Happiness is what happens along the road of life, not a destination. If you want to be happy try serving others, not your self. YWIA.

proud gonzo
12/8/2006, 09:53 PM
I dropped my music major when it stopped making me happy. In the end it'll probably work out a lot better for you if you choose to do something you enjoy. Good luck

SoonerInKCMO
12/8/2006, 10:22 PM
I never thought I would be the kid changing my mind with what I wanted to do.

That's a hell of a lot better than being the 30-something that realizes he should've changed his mind when he was a kid.

reevie
12/8/2006, 10:35 PM
Good luck with everything Melo!

OUDoc
12/8/2006, 10:52 PM
School's better than work almost any day. But do what you've got to do, Melo. Good luck.

Jerk
12/9/2006, 01:27 AM
Post more pics.

That'll make you feel better.

Seriously, be careful about letting your emotions dictate big life decisions. I've done that before- and later regretted it.

Melo
12/9/2006, 01:51 AM
Wow, when did being happy become a end in and of it's self? Happiness is what happens along the road of life, not a destination. If you want to be happy try serving others, not your self. YWIA.

Thats all I have ever done. Taken into account everyones happiness before my own. No more. Its about me, and what I need to do to be happy. If it takes me 10 years to figure it out, then so be it.

take your time. Nobody ever really knows what they want to do with their life...just that whatever it is, they want to be filthy rich. Especially at 18-22.

See, funny you should mention that. I remember countless amounts of times when my mom, or grandma, or whoever would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I always told them 'nothing'. That I was going to just marry a rich guy so I could have lots of horses, and read and write and draw all I wanted all day. So, I dont technically need to do anything specific with my life, just marry a rich dude.

yermom
12/9/2006, 01:54 AM
College is a lot more enjoyable after you've had a real job for awhile.

It seems less like work once you've actually had to do real work ;)

that's what got me back in school... of course my student job kinda ruined me for school later :O

i'm currently on the TU plan...

watch those school breaks Melo... it's much harder to go back the longer you are out

OUDoc
12/9/2006, 09:03 PM
See, funny you should mention that. I remember countless amounts of times when my mom, or grandma, or whoever would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I always told them 'nothing'. That I was going to just marry a rich guy so I could have lots of horses, and read and write and draw all I wanted all day. So, I dont technically need to do anything specific with my life, just marry a rich dude.
Well, that is a plan.

Al Gore
12/9/2006, 09:11 PM
Well, that is a plan.I have been looking for a "Rich Dude" to marry.....

StoopTroup
12/9/2006, 09:18 PM
Melo...

Don't waste your time away from school.

Live life like there's no tomorrow.

Hug those Parents too....they sound like great folks.

Merry Christmas ! ! !

olevetonahill
12/9/2006, 09:19 PM
that's what got me back in school... of course my student job kinda ruined me for school later :O

i'm currently on the TU plan...

watch those school breaks Melo... it's much harder to go back the longer you are out
Yup. What Yermom said .
a semester off is cool , any longer than that and you might just **** up !
My youngest son went into the Army at 18 , gonna get the GI bill and such .
Hes Now 30 married and only went 2 semesters :eek:

KC//CRIMSON
12/9/2006, 10:00 PM
Whatever you do, don't get a job dancing on tables during your "semester off." Those people tend to find themselves in the same place five years later.

;)

Penguin
12/9/2006, 10:04 PM
I wish I had sat out a semester instead of wasting my time in the wrong major.

Al Gore
12/9/2006, 10:19 PM
I wish I had sat out a semester instead of wasting my time in the wrong major.Correct.....pick one that makes money.....

Okla-homey
12/9/2006, 10:25 PM
"The world needs ditchdiggers too."

That's from Caddyshack. I couldn't resist.

My advice, although you didn't ask, get back in school quick! A semester off can turn into a decade in a heartbeat.

Or join one of the services.

That way, you get to give back to your country, you get paid time to figure out what you wanna be when you grow up, and free college dinero to boot. Plus, girls don't get killed much. Hardly ever in fact.

tbl
12/9/2006, 10:30 PM
45 minutes is nada...