PDA

View Full Version : Reggie McNeal arrested . . . more Bungles to the pokey

OK2LA
12/8/2006, 05:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/12/08/bc.fbn.bengals.mcneal.ap/index.html

McNeal facing drug charge
Bengals WR arrested after scuffle with Houston police
Posted: Friday December 8, 2006 3:55PM; Updated: Friday December 8, 2006 3:59PM

HOUSTON (AP) -- Cincinnati Bengals rookie receiver Reggie McNeal is now facing a drug charge stemming from his arrest earlier this week outside a Houston nightclub.

Police found that McNeal, a former Texas A&M quarterback already charged with resisting arrest, had a cigarette that contained promethazine, an antihistamine that is sometimes used as a sedative, Houston police spokesman Gabe Ortiz said Friday.

Ortiz said the charge of possession of a dangerous drug, a misdemeanor, was added Tuesday, two days after McNeal scuffled with police when he was refused entry into The Red Door nightclub.

McNeal is out on bond and was set to have a court appearance next week.

McNeal set an A&M record with 6,992 passing yards and rushed for 1,889 yards, the second-most by an Aggies quarterback. The Lufkin, Texas, native set a Big 12 record with 213 consecutive passes without an interception.

McNeal was the Bengals' sixth-round pick and has played sparingly.

He is the seventh Bengals player arrested this year.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/8/2006, 05:45 PM
For some reason this doesn't surprise me. I don't know why.

Flagstaffsooner
12/8/2006, 05:54 PM
Hmmm, Houston strip clubs, drugs, and aTm.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/8/2006, 06:19 PM
I wanna know why he was refused entry.

jps
12/8/2006, 09:58 PM
the red door isn't a strip club to my knowledge.

aurorasooner
12/8/2006, 10:59 PM
geeeez us. promethazine. book him dano drug bust of the year. --possession of a dangerous drug lmao. maybe he should've thrown up on the cops so they could've taken him to the ER to get some more. someone clue me into the fad of smoking promethazine besides getting a helluva dry mouth. I think it's been over-the-counter in england, forever.

Texas Golfer
12/8/2006, 10:59 PM
Is this the same Reggie McNeal that Texas A&M Aggies were touting as their Heisman hopeful?

He's NEVER lived up to his hype and I can't say that I'm surprised at his predicament.

batonrougesooner
12/8/2006, 11:16 PM
Promethazine = Phenergan

Why in the hell would you have it in a cigarette? I guess if tobacco makes you nauseous.

This is silly.

All_Day_28
12/9/2006, 12:35 AM
he was on that "lean"

aurorasooner
12/9/2006, 01:10 AM
This is silly.perhaps it's a phenothiazine/nicotine thing, or maybe the cops cut him some slack by leaving the demerol off the report. reggie's probably lucky he wasn't jerking uncontrollably up top on promethazine. the cops would've probably shot him. :D

Soonerus
12/9/2006, 01:23 AM
McNeal had one really outstanding game, unfortunately it was against OU...probably more luck than skill...

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2006, 01:27 AM
McNeal had one really outstanding game, unfortunately it was against OU...probably more luck than skill...Oh boy. He played well against Baylor.:D

soonerspiff
12/9/2006, 01:35 AM
So is promethazine more dangerous than arsenic which is also in regular cigarettes?

Half a Hundred
12/9/2006, 06:51 AM
He was probably on some opiate, which is potentiated by promethazine (or diphenhydramine [benadryl], or dimenhydrinate [dramamine]). They couldn't bust him for something he didn't possess, but luckily, promethazine is a prescription-only drug in the US, so they could get him on those charges.

Ruuuuuufus
12/9/2006, 11:53 AM
red door isn't a strip club

birddog
12/9/2006, 11:53 AM
better add another to the list. delta o'neal was charged with a dwi this morning.

bluesmagoo
12/9/2006, 12:14 PM
That's just Phenergan. I prescribe it all the time for nausea and abdominal cramps. Weird.

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2006, 12:46 PM
That's just Phenergan. I prescribe it all the time for nausea and abdominal cramps. Weird.Hey Doc, I've got this pain in my ***....:texan:

mdklatt
12/9/2006, 05:07 PM
Cincinnati Bengals rookie receiver Reggie McNeal

Heh.

Newbomb Turk
12/9/2006, 06:57 PM
He is the seventh Bengals player arrested this year.

this is a friggin joke. Don't tell me winning isn't everything. If the Bengals weren't winning (and they aren't that great), Marvin Lewis would have been run out out town by now. Talk about a lack of control.