PDA

View Full Version : Pay it forward...

OUAndy1807
12/8/2006, 02:54 PM
So I had my truck parked at the union today. I cam back from lunch and there were a couple of cd's under the windshield wiper. Turns out somebody noticed the Yonder Mountain String Band sticker on the back of my truck and put a CD of one of their live bootlegs under my wiper.

My act of kindness was telling you this story. Now if everyone who reads this can just go do something nice for someone else, and then those people go and do something nice for somebody else......

really , though, it kind of was a nice surprise.

Howzit
12/8/2006, 02:59 PM
My act of kindness was not negging your "SHE'S THREE!" post in the sponsor forum.

;)

Jimminy Crimson
12/8/2006, 03:12 PM
I paid the toll for the "next car with OU flags" on the 'pike up to KC.

...we won the Big XII championship.

Related? :texan:

PhilTLL
12/8/2006, 03:29 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/YonderMountainStringBand

ennnnnjoy

OUAndy1807
12/8/2006, 03:37 PM
btw, they just about blew the roof off of Cain's about 6 months ago.

proud gonzo
12/8/2006, 03:45 PM
that's pretty awesome. more people be awesome. less people should be buttheads.

PhilTLL
12/8/2006, 04:12 PM
btw, they just about blew the roof off of Cain's about 6 months ago.

10 months ago, actually, though I wish they'd hit OK on winter AND summer tours, but either way it was fricking great. The only thing that ever kept me from a YMSB show at Cain's was an ice storm in February 2004, and that year they made up for it in August by bringing Bela Fleck and Keller Williams along to Riverplex (or whatever it's called).

pb4ou
12/8/2006, 07:12 PM
I paid the toll for the "next car with OU flags" on the 'pike up to KC.

Related? :texan:

Someone stole my OU antenna flag, along with the antenna.

But, I'm still :mad:

:les: GIMME BACK MY ANTENNA !!!

dolemitesooner
12/8/2006, 07:44 PM
**** you couch nucka

proud gonzo
12/8/2006, 09:49 PM
and some people need to learn english

Sooner_Bob
12/8/2006, 11:26 PM
I bought my wife one of those mint chip shakes from Carl's Jr. tonight. Does that count?

Harry Beanbag
12/8/2006, 11:33 PM
I didn't kill the ******rocket that made me sit through a green light tonight. Does that count?

Frozen Sooner
12/8/2006, 11:38 PM
You know, I've been trying pretty hard to be nicer to people on an ongoing basis. Things like trying to smile no matter what, paying people small compliments, letting people cut in front of me when driving-stuff like that.

It's amazing how much better about yourself you feel when you do things like that.

whatsername
12/9/2006, 09:23 AM
My supervisor has been limping around on a bum knee for a couple weeks. Yesterday she came back to my area looking for a couple of boxes to ship stuff in. I hopped up and found a couple of boxes, emptied them out, found lids, etc, etc.

As soon as she left the room, my co-workers called me a suck up! :mad:

hurricane'bone
12/9/2006, 09:53 AM
I bought someone dinner last night.

Czar Soonerov
12/9/2006, 10:07 AM

**** off, dip****.

;)

Czar Soonerov
12/9/2006, 10:09 AM
I tipped the Sonic girl $1.50 yesterday morning. It was cold & she was hot. ;)

1stTimeCaller
12/9/2006, 10:12 AM
So I had my truck parked at the union today. I cam back from lunch and there were a couple of cd's under the windshield wiper. Turns out somebody noticed the Yonder Mountain String Band sticker on the back of my truck and put a CD of one of their live bootlegs under my wiper.

My act of kindness was telling you this story. Now if everyone who reads this can just go do something nice for someone else, and then those people go and do something nice for somebody else......

really , though, it kind of was a nice surprise.

he probably found something else to level out his kitchen table.

;)

slickdawg
12/9/2006, 11:11 AM
I tipped the Sonic girl $1.50 yesterday morning. It was cold & she was hot. ;)

Why are you making VK work at Sonic? :confused:

:D

proud gonzo
12/16/2006, 10:18 PM
the other day I parked on campus corner to have lunch with Iggy, but realized I didnt' have any change for the meter. I had $0.10 in pennies, and went into a store looking for somebody with a dime. A girl just handed me some change for the meter--which was totally awesome of her.

The other night when I went to the Mont with some friends, the waitress came over to took our order. My friend Josh was just going to have water because he was broke. I told him to order whatever food and drink he wanted and had them put it on my tab. That was my paying it forward.

SicEmBaylor
12/16/2006, 10:23 PM
I'm incapable of liking people.