PDA

View Full Version : David Lynch gives me a headache.

KC//CRIMSON
12/8/2006, 02:28 PM
I don't know if I can sit through another brain fryer.....;)

"Inland Empire"
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2922/lynchinlandempirethumb9fc.jpg

Cinema of the surreal icon David Lynch follows-up the success of his critically acclaimed 2001 feature Mulholland Drive with this dark mystery that marks his first foray into high-definition digital video with the tale of an actress whose personality becomes increasingly fragmented as she delves ever-deeper into her work for a high profile filmmaker. Kingsley (Jeremy Irons) is a director looking to adapt for the screen a Polish gypsy folktale that was previously stalled when the two leads were viciously murdered. Having offered the female lead to devoted actress Nikki (Laura Dern), Kingsley warns her male co-star Devon (Justin Theroux) to maintain his professional distance as Nikki's husband (Peter J. Lucas) is known to be notoriously possessive. As the passionate co-stars quickly cross the line and become lovers, Nikki's slowly-slipping sense of reality causes her to eventually become lost in her character while the mysterious story of a Polish couple and a trio of giant stage-bound rabbits (voices of Naomi Watts, Scott Coffey, and Laura Herring) lounge around on the sofa and tend to their domestic duties. Shot over the course of two-and-a-half years and without a formalized script, Lynch's hallucinogenic look at a doomed film project features all of the abstract imagery and strange symbolism that have long made the director a favorite of film fans who embrace his disorienting approach to unconventional storytelling. ~ Jason Buchanan

Viking Kitten
12/8/2006, 02:37 PM
David Lynch is one of those directors that makes me feel like I should like their stuff, but somehow I never do. It's like he's just trying too hard to be eccentric.

IB4OU2
12/8/2006, 02:49 PM
I like Lynch and think Blue Velvet was one of his better movies.

Viking Kitten
12/8/2006, 03:49 PM
Well you're a big poopy head. So there.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 03:55 PM
Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, and Wild At Heart were kewl. I sort of liked Lost Highway, but Mullholland Drive and TP : Firewalk With Me were too self-indulgent.

KC//CRIMSON
12/8/2006, 04:07 PM
Wild At Heart is one slick flick.....:cool:

crawfish
12/8/2006, 04:13 PM
Wild At Heart is one sick flick.....:cool:

All the Lynch movies are. :)

I usually watch his movies once...that's all I can take.

KC//CRIMSON
12/8/2006, 04:15 PM
All the Lynch movies are. :)

I usually watch his movies once...that's all I can take.

Same here. One jump down the rabbit hole is enough.:cool:

bri
12/8/2006, 04:16 PM
Obligatory Dune reference.

:D

Condescending Sooner
12/8/2006, 05:10 PM
Wild at heart is the worst movie I have ever seen at a theater.

IB4OU2
12/8/2006, 05:57 PM
Well you're a big poopy head. So there.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bsgtongue.gif ;)

dolemitesooner
12/8/2006, 06:28 PM
Firw walk with me is good if you watched the 2 whole seasons of a Twin Peaks

Scott D
12/8/2006, 10:43 PM
Firw walk with me is good if you watched the 2 whole seasons of a Twin Peaks

even meth heads would agree that X-Men 3 was better than Fire Walk With Me.

I wouldn't watch this movie under the simple premise that it once again combines Laura Dern with David Lynch. Together they spell a temporary cure for insomnia.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 11:06 PM
Wild at heart is the worst movie I have ever seen at a theater.
No shock there.

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 11:22 PM
Lynch is pretty cool, but tends to make the same film over and over again. if you've read any Freud or Lacan it's all pretty much the same unconscious desires and murderous impulses over what we think is "reality" stuff. and some nice titties to go along with the "keys" (Mulholland Drive) to the symptoms.

sherlyn fenn in twin peaks was so hot.

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2006, 12:05 AM
I'm watching Dune at this thread.