PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Shots of the Year...

Fraggle145
12/8/2006, 09:56 AM
http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2006/12/cheapest-shots-of-year.html

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/

Pretty interesting... Not surprisingly Kellen Heard of A&M is in the lead

:pop:

OUmillenium
12/8/2006, 10:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWn6uQ2eLqw
Oregon ducks...Dirty refs and Dirty players. Will someone who hasn't been banned(baned) recently, please make this a thread.

Fraggle145
12/8/2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWn6uQ2eLqw
Oregon ducks...Dirty refs and Dirty players. Will someone who hasn't been banned(baned) recently, please make this a thread.

That jumpkick is on the second link that I posted.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/8/2006, 10:49 AM
That hit on Colt McCoy was pretty cheap.

RRWSooner
12/8/2006, 10:58 AM
That hit on Colt McCoy was pretty cheap.

That was by far the cheapest shot of the year in my opinion...

As much as I despise Texas, Colt didn't deserve that. That player should be kicked off the team.

Herr Scholz
12/8/2006, 11:03 AM
That was by far the cheapest shot of the year in my opinion...

As much as I despise Texas, Colt didn't deserve that. That player should be kicked off the team.
If you ask aggy about it, they'll tell you it was a clean hit and that "Cart McCoy" (their classy pet name for him and one that shows they were glad he got hurt) was a defender after the pick and fair game. They also claim vehemently that the play wasn't over. :rolleyes:

Fraggle145
12/8/2006, 11:09 AM
Cart McCoy that is pretty ****ty...

Herr Scholz
12/8/2006, 11:55 AM
Yep. Go on their Texags and you'll see pictures of him on the cart strapped onto that board all over the place.

jwlynn64
12/8/2006, 12:14 PM
I admit that the hit on McCoy was pretty bad but how can you deny that the cheapest shot was the Tech Player (on the sideline) clocking the TCU player as he comes out of bounds? If you aren't on the field, you don't need to try and make a play!!!:eek:

MiccoMacey
12/8/2006, 12:18 PM
Yep. Go on their Texags and you'll see pictures of him on the cart strapped onto that board all over the place.

Sholz,

Anyone find a definitive video of it being late? I already said I take your word for it that it was late.

I'm just curious if they've found a different angle we hadn't seen.

TheLlama
12/8/2006, 12:19 PM
Hit on colt was the cheapest i saw this year. Way to blatant.

Blitzkrieg
12/8/2006, 12:23 PM
The whole thing is the video shows him unstrapping his helmet, but if it was before the whistle. then it was legit.

IMO, it was cheap, but I have never "heard it" in real time.

sanantoniosooner
12/8/2006, 12:30 PM
I can't believe you guys. Colt was cheap shotted for sure, but that Iowa player was the worst.

You rip a guys helmet off and punch him in the face?

Lotta cheap shots there, but it's not even close IMO.

RedStripe
12/8/2006, 12:39 PM

Funny doesn't have a t in it.

I kid I kid :D

Texas Golfer
12/8/2006, 12:46 PM
I can't believe you guys. Colt was cheap shotted for sure, but that Iowa player was the worst.

You rip a guys helmet off and punch him in the face?

Lotta cheap shots there, but it's not even close IMO.

I thought the same thing. The others could be, while not justified but, reasoned because of the adrenalin flowing from the game. But, to have the presence of mind to rip a guys helmet off and punch him in the face, that can't be rationalized nor defended.

chbrew09
12/8/2006, 01:03 PM
I definetely think the hit on colt was the cheapest, but I know everybody on this board was watching the OSU-Mich game. I dont know that it was the "cheapest" shot of all of them, but that hit on Troy Smith definetely looked like it was the most painful. We watched it on DVR like 10 times and every time there we felt a little bit more pain for Troy. Of course Troy got right back up but you know he had to have been a little confused the next few plays.

TopDawg
12/8/2006, 01:07 PM
Sholz,

Anyone find a definitive video of it being late? I already said I take your word for it that it was late.

I'm just curious if they've found a different angle we hadn't seen.

It's not definitive, but the endzone camera angle they have at about the :40 second mark of that YouTube clip seems to give plenty of evidence. You can get a very good feel for the spacial relationship between McCoy and #91 (the player who made the hit) from that angle, and it looks like #91 has quite a bit of space to make up in very little time.

MiccoMacey
12/8/2006, 01:24 PM
He's only standing about two to three yards from Colt when he goes out of camera range, and the ball hasn't even been intercepted yet. Plus Dodge takes a step or two before he goes down. If Heard isn't watching him go down, it makes sense to me that he continues on and blocks McCoy.

I'm taking Scholz's word on it since he was there and he said he saw it was late, but those camera angles don't show whether he was late or not.

Luthor
12/8/2006, 01:26 PM

This is a prime example I'll use to not make an excuse for losing to aggy. What happend to Colt McCoy was a microcosm of the whole team that day. He wasn't paying attention and got the crap knocked out of him. It wasn't like Heard hit him in the back of the head with a folding chair.

Was it a cheap shot? Maybe but it was avoidible as compared to the leg whip that Robison got against ISU. Heard's actions weren't any more low life than what Jolly did the year before but nobody mentioned that because we won.

TopDawg
12/8/2006, 01:58 PM
He's only standing about two to three yards from Colt when he goes out of camera range, and the ball hasn't even been intercepted yet. Plus Dodge takes a step or two before he goes down. If Heard isn't watching him go down, it makes sense to me that he continues on and blocks McCoy.

No, watch again. The aggie who is closest to Colt is 2-3 yards away when Colt goes out of the frame, but #91 is actually the 4th closest-aggie to Colt.

In fact, (this might be as definitive as we'll see) just before #91 goes out of the frame, you can see him turn his head to look for Colt. It just so happens, that his head-turning action is the first thing you see on the replay that shows his hit on Colt.

Now this is no science, but in the endzone replay, I counted "one-one thousand, two" between the time his head snapped around and the time Dodge was tackled. In the sideline replay that shows the hit, I counted "one-one thousand, two-one thousand, three-one thous" between the time his head snapped and the time he hit Colt.

That's a difference of "-one thousand, three-one thous". So take that for what it's worth. :D

OUDoc
12/8/2006, 02:18 PM
Back. And to the left.
Back. And to the left.

Herr Scholz
12/8/2006, 02:29 PM
I'm taking Scholz's word on it since he was there and he said he saw it was late, but those camera angles don't show whether he was late or not.
It was definitely late. There wasn't good coverage of it because most of the camera guys had gone on their bathroom break already when it happened.

Fraggle145
12/8/2006, 02:52 PM
This is a prime example I'll use to not make an excuse for losing to aggy. What happend to Colt McCoy was a microcosm of the whole team that day. He wasn't paying attention and got the crap knocked out of him. It wasn't like Heard hit him in the back of the head with a folding chair.

Was it a cheap shot? Maybe but it was avoidible as compared to the leg whip that Robison got against ISU. Heard's actions weren't any more low life than what Jolly did the year before but nobody mentioned that because we won.

It seems that happens to good teams. I think it was OSU (but maybe nebraska) when there was an early hit on Reggie on the punt return. I think those are the worst because the guy is standing there defenseless because he is looking up. Either way all of them are pretty ****ty. I thought the Oregon kick to the Cal guys head was really brutal too especially when they picked up the flag. Shows you what kind of officials they have in the Pac 10

TopDawg
12/8/2006, 05:02 PM
Back. And to the left.
Back. And to the left.

Heh. Nice. I was thinking along those same lines after I posted that.

Bud_Wilkinson
12/8/2006, 05:25 PM
I would have thought the Oregon field & Replay officials would have been one of the choices. But, we never heard what the $$$$ payment was, so I guess we can't say if it was cheap or not.