PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Shuttle Launch

Sooner_Havok
12/8/2006, 03:29 AM
I have been up for about 30+ hours and I am kinda hungry so I am heading to pizza shuttle. Man, I don't know why, but that place is good. I know it shouldn't be, but it is! :P

1stTimeCaller
12/8/2006, 08:36 AM
amen. Get a pepperoni with garlic butter instead of the red pizza sauce. Your tastebuds will be very happy. Your arteries might not be but one won't hurt ya.

I haven't had the Shuttle in 3 years and I sure do miss the TBS and that pepperoni pizza with garlic butter.

mmmmmmmm

fadada1
12/8/2006, 10:39 AM
364-4440

i will NEVAR forget that number.

the BIG PLEASER: three 10 inch delights and 4 cokes in the commemorative plastic pizza shuttle cup. pure joy.

my GF also calls me the big pleaser:D

Petro-Sooner
12/8/2006, 10:45 AM
For about a year there I was addicted to their hot wings. Now its the TBS and shuttle spuds supreme.

1stTimeCaller
12/8/2006, 11:14 AM
It's been 9 years since I lived in Couch 911W but I can still order Mr Goodcents from a dorm room. 8-364-8364

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 11:23 AM
364-4440

i will NEVAR forget that number.

D

that's the original number on Berry where the Little Red convenience store used to be (i bet none of you pussies can remember that, eh?)--scion of the Space Invaders vid game and R. Crumb comics and AC/DC, Hot Tuna, and Head East records. now it's at Roy Rogers on Lindsey, that phone number.

i have a weird fascination for pizza shuttle and the watered down cokes. best cokes in the world. somehow?

edit: actually, the orig. shuttle 4440 number was someplace else that i don't know....back when all the delivery guys were petroleum engnineering students from saudi,iraq, or iran. who were probably the sons of oil princes and such.

skycat
12/8/2006, 11:24 AM
776-5577 call us now at Pizza Shuttle.

For fast, friendly delivery

Pizza the way it's supposed to be

Give us a call, and you'll agree

It's Pizza Shuttle pizza for me!

Call 776-5577 call us now at Pizza Shuttle!

JohnnyMack
12/8/2006, 11:28 AM
Oliver's. Now that was crappy pizza.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 11:36 AM
Orin's pwned all!

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 11:58 AM
Orin's pwned all!

Orin's was the first delivery in Norman. but it was real expensive.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 12:08 PM
Orin's was the first delivery in Norman. but it was real expensive.
Yup, but when Mama was at a performance up at school, she had to leave enough for Orin's!!

sooneron
12/8/2006, 12:09 PM
Of course, I still miss ordering burgers via phone at Dee's.

handcrafted
12/8/2006, 12:28 PM
I still order Shuttle occasionally if it's just for me (the wife hates it). Nostalgia trip. There's just something about the cardboard crust, lack of sauce, and greasy sausage/hamburger that brings back memories of Walker Tower. Extra cheese, baby!

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 12:51 PM
Of course, I still miss ordering burgers via phone at Dee's.

I remember fondly Hoops and/or Across the Street for burgers. and, how 'bout this, the place that was Hardees now Carl's Junior just east of Norman High my mom used to take me when my pops was in law school. great fries. it was called Bipsy's or Carly's or something.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 12:54 PM
I remember fondly Hoops and/or Across the Street for burgers. and, how 'bout this, the place that was Hardees now Carl's Junior just east of Norman High my mom used to take me when my pops was in law school. great fires. it was called Bipsy's or Carly's or something.
I remember when there was a disco on the corner of Flood and Main! Infinity! heh. Now, it's a Grandy's.

Hoops was a good booze spot that my parents took the out of towner family/freinds to.

OhU1
12/8/2006, 12:57 PM
I love Pizza Shuttle. Great college pizza.

I always ordered anchovy on mine. I moved and a year later a guy taking the phone order told me there was some guy in another neighborhood who used to order anchovies. I told him yup, that was me too, like McArthur, I have returned. Apparently I was the only guy in Norman to order Anchovies on his pizza or something.

handcrafted
12/8/2006, 12:59 PM
I ordered me some anchovies sometimes, too. Pepperoni and anchovies. All the gas that built up was a great way to get my roommate to take off for the evening. :D

Man, Norman was so much *cooler* like 30 years ago. :mad:

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 01:00 PM
I remember when there was a disco on the corner of Flood and Main! Infinity! heh. Now, it's a Grandy's.

fuggin hell, i don't remember that....but I do remember that disco/chinese place next to Target......out on West Main. i think it was called Copa Cabana at one point.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 01:02 PM
Hell, I went there when it was Zanzibar!! Somehow got in under age in HS!

handcrafted
12/8/2006, 01:03 PM
Longneckers. Biggest greasy burgers in the world. Used to take my future wife there every Sunday night.

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 01:04 PM
Hell, I went there when it was Zanzibar!! Somehow got in under age in HS!

Zanzibar, that too. LOL.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 02:20 PM
Oh, and shuttle is only good if you're hammah'd.

fadada1
12/8/2006, 02:22 PM
was it vito's that was up on the corner of asp and boyd??? all-you-can-eat pizza on sunday afternoon.

they never had dinner on sunday evenings in couch... back in the day... and we had to find somewhere to eat. apparently they thought every student at OU was an in-state student and went home on the weekends... and didn't come from 1500 miles away.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 02:27 PM
Vito's wasn't bad. Their Afternoon beer specials were teh win! .79 longnecks!!!