PDA

View Full Version : Where does DeMarco fit in?

mizzOUstu702
12/7/2006, 10:18 PM
So with the return of AP, Chris Brown, and Gute, where do you think DeMarco's gonna fit in to the system? I haven't really seen him play in any practices or anything--only some high school footage--but the way he was hyped up in the recruiting stages, I'm excited to see what kind of damage he could do.

And what was it that kept him out from helping out this year? Foot injury? I'm guessing he's redshirting...?

AzianSooner
12/7/2006, 10:22 PM
He will play at least 2 years with OU. there are alway 2 running backs at least for OU in game time next few years.

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/7/2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah I believe he had turf toe ?? I think

I am hoping he is a PR/KR/Slot/RB

All_Day_28
12/7/2006, 10:24 PM

that's what i've heard..

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/7/2006, 11:19 PM
I played / in high school. / is a very popular position nowadays.

sooneron
12/7/2006, 11:25 PM
If DeMarco progresses, he will pass up Gute on the Depth Chart along with Mossis. After the osu game, I think that Gute's days in the offense are dwindling. Not that he was bad, he just doesn't seem to have "it". I think he'll continue to contribute on ST.

KingDavid
12/8/2006, 12:15 AM
Demarco next year is a big question mark . . . and will be one of the more exciting things to follow in the Spring, along with looking for McCoy to emerge.

soonerspudman
12/8/2006, 02:05 AM
OK, don't freak out at this thought, but what about AP going back to defense next year? Seems counter-intuitive in that he'd be number 1 next spring, but we've got Brown, Mossis, Demarco, not to mention Gute. Imagine a two-deep with Reggie and AP and all the multiple options it would bring to possible defensive schemes. We're stacked at RB next year and would have great talent going to waste on the bench. AP has the size and speed to be the next Roy, this would make next year's D absolute nails.

Jewstin
12/8/2006, 02:06 AM
Totally unsubstantiated, but a guy sitting next to me at the Texas Tech game mentioned that DeMarco Murray had a lot of "attitude problems" and that's why nobody has seen much of him anywhere.

*shrug* That's about the only thing I've heard other than turf toe.

Hopefully that's not the case ... hate it when talent gets ruined by ego.

bweezie
12/8/2006, 02:16 AM
OK, don't freak out at this thought, but what about AP going back to defense next year? Seems counter-intuitive in that he'd be number 1 next spring, but we've got Brown, Mossis, Demarco, not to mention Gute. Imagine a two-deep with Reggie and AP and all the multiple options it would bring to possible defensive schemes. We're stacked at RB next year and would have great talent going to waste on the bench. AP has the size and speed to be the next Roy, this would make next year's D absolute nails.

after seeing him run all over the aggies(both).... naw

chbrew09
12/8/2006, 02:42 AM

hmmm....sounds a bit like that one guy last year from, where was it? USC maybe?

mikeb
12/8/2006, 03:23 AM
Well, the one thing that I hope does not happen is that we start the wrong RB like we did in 04, need I continou.

AlbqSooner
12/8/2006, 07:20 AM
Well, the one thing that I hope does not happen is that we start the wrong RB like we did in 04, need I continou.
Please do continue. Cuz in 04 we started Peterson in his freshman year. Heisman runner-up makes it hard to argue that he was the wrong RB.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/8/2006, 08:28 AM
OOOOooooooooooooooooooo burn.

mxATVracer10
12/8/2006, 08:30 AM
Didn't Kejuan get the actual "start" in 04?

Spray
12/8/2006, 08:43 AM
Didn't Kejuan get the actual "start" in 04?

Yes.

Widescreen
12/8/2006, 08:46 AM
KJ was the starter for the first few games in 04. So, not so much of a burn. :)

King Crimson
12/8/2006, 08:56 AM
Kejuan was a good back for us. did a lot of good things. and could have won the 03 Sugar Bowl if.....never mind.

I think Gute lost a step due to injury. he's a great Sooner and I'll never forget the game he and Runnells had against Baylor last year when we were trying to "find ourselves". we win by two scores if the D doesn't fold late.

OUmillenium
12/8/2006, 09:50 AM
Kejuan was a good back for us. did a lot of good things. and could have won the 03 Sugar Bowl if.....never mind.

I think Gute lost a step due to injury. he's a great Sooner and I'll never forget the game he and Runnells had against Baylor last year when we were trying to "find ourselves". we win by two scores if the Baker doesn't fold late.

Fixed:)

goingoneight
12/8/2006, 09:55 AM
DeMarco will get his share. Allen Patrick is a senior next year. If you haven't noticed, we seem to be injury prone running guys right up the middle all the time. I've seen DM play on tape. He will make a good KR or PR, he is under-sized for the type of running into piles like CL and KW play. He'll be a good shotgun spread back. He is the kind of guy who doesn't really need to read blocks as much as, say... Gutierrez. Nothing against Gute, but DM has a sensational talent, the ability to make people miss, and sort of "create" his own holes. No doubt in my mind he'll be great when he gets in and experienced.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/8/2006, 11:32 AM

I think Gute lost a step due to injury. he's a great Sooner and I'll never forget the game he and Runnells had against Baylor last year when we were trying to "find ourselves". we win by two scores if the D doesn't fold late.
If JW didn't over throw him.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 11:32 AM
I would expect to see DM get moved around a lot on offense ala Bush- Go with a two back set in shotgun, then move him out to the slot in motion. He might KR or PR if Reggie doesn't knock the rust off for good. I think Iglesias is entrenched at the other KR spot.

sooneron
12/8/2006, 11:33 AM
If JW didn't over throw him.
Or if Chuck had just handed him the ball two times after we drove inside the 12.

OSUAggie
12/8/2006, 11:35 AM
UNLV

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
12/8/2006, 11:36 AM
Or if Chuck had just handed him the ball two times after we drove inside the 12.
Can't disagree there.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/8/2006, 11:48 AM
UNLV

We are talking about DeMarco here not Prentice "Parole" Elliott

sooneron
12/8/2006, 11:49 AM
I thought it was Finger Prentice Elliot.

OSUAggie
12/8/2006, 11:51 AM
I think Prentice found God or something and is at one of the A&M's in Texass livin' it up. Maybe not. Is Murray good enough to demand to be on the field? I've only seen his high school video...

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/8/2006, 11:54 AM
The actual story is that he found "Jesus" who helped him ship in Cocaine from Columbia.....

OSUAggie
12/8/2006, 11:56 AM
Ah..... thanks for clearing that up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/8/2006, 12:12 PM
And yes DeMarco is talented enough to play, as long as he puts in the work, physical limitations will not be a problem in my opinion.

snp
12/8/2006, 01:09 PM
Stoops has said that DM is his most athletic player he's ever had at OU. Can't wait for him to get some touches next year.

mikeb
12/8/2006, 03:06 PM
Please do continue. Cuz in 04 we started Peterson in his freshman year. Heisman runner-up makes it hard to argue that he was the wrong RB.
Peterson did not start untill the 3rd game therefore he would already have the record.:hot:

mikeb
12/8/2006, 03:20 PM
OOOOooooooooooooooooooo burn.
??:confused: :confused: :confused: WOW

mikeb
12/8/2006, 03:22 PM
Peterson did not start untill the 3rd game therefore he would already have the record.:hot: And who knows maybe the Heisman.

stoopified
12/8/2006, 04:30 PM
If DeMarco progresses, he will pass up Gute on the Depth Chart along with Mossis. After the osu game, I think that Gute's days in the offense are dwindling. Not that he was bad, he just doesn't seem to have "it". I think he'll continue to contribute on ST.Gute is still recovering from his knee injury/surgery but will pproably see only spot duty as he has so far in his career.It will be almost like putting him in a glass case marked BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.

Worked for him so far AND he has ALWAYS responded.Both Gute and AP are seniors next year so I don't anticipate transfers UNLESS AD returns.I would not be surprised if someone is moved to another position a la D.J. Wolfe.The future is so bright I gotta wear shades.

OK2LA
12/8/2006, 04:39 PM
Most social circles. If you begin a conversation about football with him, he really opens up.

freshchris05
12/8/2006, 06:06 PM
Gute is still recovering from his knee injury/surgery but will pproably see only spot duty as he has so far in his career.It will be almost like putting him in a glass case marked BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.

Worked for him so far AND he has ALWAYS responded.Both Gute and AP are seniors next year so I don't anticipate transfers UNLESS AD returns.I would not be surprised if someone is moved to another position a la D.J. Wolfe.The future is so bright I gotta wear shades.

Man... im so excited about next year!!! if the o line progresses during the offseason as much as they progressed during the season, i say we're rock solid, no matter who is taking the snaps.... but i dont want to jinx it...

kelloggOUballa
12/8/2006, 07:32 PM
he is under-sized for the type of running into piles like CL and KW play.

AP is 6'0", 191......DeMarco is 6'0", 191

SouthFortySooner
12/8/2006, 07:41 PM
...premature runningbackulation.

bixby28
12/8/2006, 10:35 PM
I would expect to see DM get moved around a lot on offense ala Bush- Go with a two back set in shotgun, then move him out to the slot in motion. He might KR or PR if Reggie doesn't knock the rust off for good. I think Iglesias is entrenched at the other KR spot.

I agree. Murray is a shifty runner with a lot of dangerous, play-making potential. I hope he can develop as a running back though with his small size.

bixby28
12/8/2006, 10:52 PM
All of the freshman backs look like good players. I watched them at the fall scrimmage (except Murray) and they played well. Murray is a small back, but his highlight film is amazing.

Hopefully he can put on 10lbs by next fall. I'm not really excited about Gutierrez playing if he won't protect the ball any better than he has.

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/8/2006, 11:03 PM
Murray is 6'0 or maybe even 6'1

Compared to AD I guess that is small...