PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Sports Radio auctioning off tickets

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2006, 04:37 PM
Figured I'd repost this as the guy who posted it doesn't have enough posts to start a thread. This is a worthy charity, so if any of you rich fuggers who didn't have to shell out $1200 for airfare need tickets, hop all over this:

Hello to everyone in Sooner land. My name is Mark Asher and I host the afternoon drive sports show in Phoenix, AZ. I work for XTRA Sports 910. The reason for my post is to let everyone know that today we are auctioning off a pair of lower level tickets to the Fiesta Bowl between Oklahoma and Bosie State. The tickets are courtesy of John Junker from the Fiesta Bowl. My radio partner and I are doing our annual "Miracle on 20th Street" Charity drive benefitting the Phoenix Childrens Hospital. This auction ends today (thur) at 5:15 pm. I am sorry for the last minute notice and sorry I didn't start my own thread...(It wouldn't let me!) The number to bid is (602) 374-6399. If you would like more info, our website is www.xtra910.com. No worries if you don't want to bid, but I thought I would get the news to the Sooner fans. The bid right now is $600. Thanks for your time. Go Sooners!

Mark

Harry Beanbag
12/7/2006, 05:07 PM
Mark Asher is actually a good guy and an okay talk show host. He knows very little about college sports, but that doesn't keep him from trying. :)

Edit: I just saw his post. Man, what a thread for his first post on Soonerfans. He must think we're a bunch of lunatics. :D

The Maestro
12/7/2006, 05:47 PM
Gambo and Ash bore the hell out of me. I actually find myself listening to...God forbid...Gottlieb on the way home.

Bickley and MJ in the morning...good stuff.

Harry Beanbag
12/7/2006, 06:03 PM
I like MJ a lot, but Bickley grates on my nerves after awhile. I actually haven't listened to Gambo and Ash in a couple of years, all they talk about is the freaking NBA and baseball. Bob Kemp is my favorite local guy. He really knows a lot about sports plus he's an a$$ to idiot callers.

As far as national dudes, Cowherd cracks me up a lot.