PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to get to the Cotton Bowl

royalfan5
12/7/2006, 01:42 PM
I'm toying with the idea of making a trip down to the Cotton Bowl? Is it fairly easy to get to when driving in from the North? TIA

OKLA21FAN
12/7/2006, 01:47 PM
How easy is it to get to the Cotton Bowl?

pretty easy, just lose in the Big 12 Champ game, and you are in! :pop:

1stTimeCaller
12/7/2006, 01:48 PM
very easy

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2006, 01:49 PM
How easy is it to get to the Cotton Bowl?

pretty easy, just lose in the Big 12 Champ game, and you are in! :pop:

:mad:

Beat me to it.

I was going to say throw three interceptions and hit fewer than 50% of your passes.

Boarder
12/7/2006, 01:59 PM
very very easy

bri
12/7/2006, 01:59 PM
the quickest, best way is to just find a crackhead and follow him.

Boarder
12/7/2006, 02:02 PM
Ooooh, I'm sorry. The correct answer was, "very very very easy". Maybe you can do better next time.

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2006, 02:14 PM

No no. Those guys play at Texas Stadium.

Widescreen
12/7/2006, 02:18 PM
I'm toying with the idea of making a trip down to the Cotton Bowl? Is it fairly easy to get to when driving in from the North? TIA
Yes. I-35.

jk the sooner fan
12/7/2006, 02:23 PM
my wife and i have tickets on the husker side.....take 281 down from york straight into salina, and down to wichita, pick up i-35, stop at cotton bowl

end of trip

colleyvillesooner
12/7/2006, 02:33 PM
Some here can even give you the secret back way. Maybe. :D

TexasLidig8r
12/7/2006, 02:36 PM
Some here can even give you the secret back way. Maybe. :D

If you give out the secret back way.. it's no longer a secret!

soonerbrat
12/7/2006, 02:49 PM
but if you go the secret back way, be sure to lock your doors.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/7/2006, 02:52 PM
and dont stop for any red lights

colleyvillesooner
12/7/2006, 03:18 PM
but if you go the secret back way, be sure to lock your doors.

Like the crackheads are gonna be up at 9:00 am :rolleyes:

:D

Vaevictis
12/7/2006, 03:26 PM
It's pretty easy to get to, as far as directions are concerned. First time I went, I was told,

"Take I-35 South. Take the exits heading towards Houston. You'll connect with I-45 South. Exit Martin Luther King." That'll get you there.

Worst case scenario, when you're starting to get south of downtown, look to the east. Sooner or later, you'll be able to see the ferris wheel (from the highway, you will, anyway). That's where you need to go.

Also, taking the highway in at that area can be a nightmare traffic wise. Usually my group cuts through downtown -- on a Saturday morning, the traffic downtown is no big deal.

Okla-homey
12/7/2006, 06:05 PM
See y'all there. Got four tix on the SEC side. Its a family trip cuz the kid will be home from school and she wants to go. We'll be at my Mom's in Ardmore over New Years anyhoo, so its agood chance to escape and drink some beer.:D

BTW, I've told daughter to expect a beating based on the way the Bugeaters shut down OUr running game. Unless AU's Brandon Cox has been holding back and is in fact able to pass, the Bugeaters are gonna get a big fat W in this one.

I figure there won't be much traffic, it being New Years morning and no state fair going on. I hope I'm right, we're gonna leave Ardmore at 0800 for the 1130 kick.

colleyvillesooner
12/7/2006, 06:26 PM
See y'all there. Got four tix on the SEC side. Its a family trip cuz the kid will be home from school and she wants to go. We'll be at my Mom's in Ardmore over New Years anyhoo, so its agood chance to escape and drink some beer.:D

BTW, I've told daughter to expect a beating based on the way the Bugeaters shut down OUr running game. Unless AU's Brandon Cox has been holding back and is in fact able to pass, the Bugeaters are gonna get a big fat W in this one.

I figure there won't be much traffic, it being New Years morning and no state fair going on. I hope I'm right, we're gonna leave Ardmore at 0800 for the 1130 kick.

I went to the A&M Tennessee game and there was some traffic. Not as bad as the RRS, but enough.

bri
12/7/2006, 06:56 PM

Dude, you guys are all gonna be so drunk, you won't even KNOW who wins, much less care. :D

royalfan5
12/7/2006, 07:23 PM
How long would it take to get from Wichita to Dallas?

jk the sooner fan
12/7/2006, 07:25 PM
ummm, lessee, i can get to okc in 3 hours..and its another 3ish to wichita

so 6

49r
12/7/2006, 11:00 PM
Go to all the tall buildings. Then turn left.

BoogercountySooner
12/8/2006, 09:32 AM
When my son and I went to the Cotton bowl the year we played Arkansas I visited the DART website found a place in North Dallas to catch a DART bus to the game. We them mapquested the address and went there payed a little money got taken to the gate just outside the fairgrounds no traffic problems or headaches.

Just sayin.

royalfan5
12/23/2006, 03:28 PM
Looks like it is a go. And as an added bonus I might get to stay in Denton Texas as well.

King Crimson
12/23/2006, 03:35 PM
ummm, lessee, i can get to okc in 3 hours..and its another 3ish to wichita

so 6

agree. about 6 i'd guess (or maybe a little less). plus, you could stop in Pauls Valley at Ballards and get a chili cheese jalapeno burger with gravy fries.

Vaevictis
12/23/2006, 04:27 PM
Looks like it is a go. And as an added bonus I might get to stay in Denton Texas as well.

That's no bonus at all.

... wait, you're coming from Nebraska, right? Maybe it is after all. :D

royalfan5
12/23/2006, 04:33 PM
That's no bonus at all.

... wait, you're coming from Nebraska, right? Maybe it is after all. :D
It would beat staying in Kansas.

GottaHavePride
12/23/2006, 04:49 PM
It would beat staying in Kansas.
Denton is roughly equivalent to Pittsburg, Kansas. Maybe Emporia on a good day.

King Crimson
12/23/2006, 04:54 PM
Denton is roughly equivalent to Pittsburg, Kansas. Maybe Emporia on a good day.

yeah, but NTSU or what ever they call themselves these days has a very good jazz program. Emporia has a fancy name, but no music.

BajaOklahoma
12/23/2006, 04:55 PM

I-35 in Denton is well known for being a bottleneck, full of people who can't drive - or maybe it's won't drive correctly. Be careful.

royalfan5
12/23/2006, 06:59 PM
My seats are in Section 110 if anybody knows how good of seats those are?

colleyvillesooner
12/23/2006, 07:18 PM
Thos aren't too bad. I've sat right under those (technically on the other side) and the depth perception will be better in the upper deck. YOu'll have a good time.

BajaOklahoma
12/23/2006, 07:44 PM
http://www.1collegefootballtickets.com/bowl/cotton.htm

We sat in that section for a World Cup game.

SoonerSid
12/23/2006, 09:20 PM
How long would it take to get from Wichita to Dallas?
Since I live in Ponca.. its about an 1 1/2 hrs to wichita, and 4 1/2 to big D.. I'd say between 5 to 6 hrs depending on what your driving or riding..

jk the sooner fan
12/23/2006, 11:15 PM
we're in section 32

do NOT speed thru denton.......in fact, wait till you hit the bridge over lake lewisville, then you can open it up

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2006, 11:33 PM
yeah, but NTSU or what ever they call themselves these days has a very good jazz program. Emporia has a fancy name, but no music.haha!

BigRedJed
12/24/2006, 10:02 AM
I have a secret back way that leads to FREE, on the street parking about 4 blocks from the fairgrounds, totally away from all of the bad area surrounding the fairgrounds, out in the open by major intersections where your vehicle is guaranteed not to be broken into. I found it about 7-8 years ago.

And if you think I'm telling any of you schmoes, you're on crack.

Sooner24
12/24/2006, 03:28 PM

Since the game kicks at 10:30 the traffic should be minimal. ;)