PDA

View Full Version : Alabama interviewing Saban

CShine
12/6/2006, 06:55 PM
Fox 10 sports has learned that Miami Dolphins Head Coach Nick Saban will be interviewed Wednesday by Alabama.

A source close to the situation told Fox 10 sports that a plane of an Alabama Board of Trustees member flew to Miami to meet with Nick Saban. The source went on to say that Saban has issued a list of demands that must be met before he would consider the Alabama job.

Miami Dolphins Senior VP of Media Relations Harvey Greene told Fox 10 Sports today that, "We are not commenting on any rumors."

http://www.fox10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5778816&nav=menu489_5

Jerk
12/6/2006, 07:01 PM
Watch and learn, Bob.

The pros are teh suck.

No instutional control.

egomaniac owners.

Players make more bling than coaches.

3 years with no superbowl = you're fired.

And parity.

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 07:12 PM
We'll see how much credibility this story really has in the next 24 hours. A lot of people seemed to think that the "72 hour timetable" on talking with Coach Rod is because the #1 pick (Saban) might still be interested. Who knows? The drama continues.

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2006, 07:15 PM
In other news, Alabama has claimed the prestigious "Nick Saban has consented to be interviewed" National Title.

;)

Just messing with you AS.

StoopTroup
12/6/2006, 07:17 PM
I'd get that Boise St. Coach if I were Bama.

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2006, 07:19 PM
I'd get that Boise St. Coach if I were Bama.

I don't know that I would. Boise State head coaches haven't fared particularly well out of the WAC, and Petersen is only in his first year.

Dick Koetter has already been fired, and Dan Hawkins had an abysmal year at CU.

I'd be after Kragthorpe if I were them.

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 07:29 PM
In other news, Alabama has claimed the prestigious "Nick Saban has consented to be interviewed" National Title.

;)

Just messing with you AS.

It's all good...I got a laugh out of it. :P

Time to watch some Sooner bball!

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2006, 07:32 PM
Man I don't know if I'd do that right now if I were you. We're lookin' pretty bad.

Geekboy
12/6/2006, 07:55 PM
Why would Saban leave a college job he was happy at and win the national title and then leave to prove himself in the pros and then leave after just two years to go to another college team?

It would be like saying after just two short years in the pros he admitted "I suck here I'm leaving." Believe me, Saban will want at least five years with the Dolphins to prove himself. It takes a minimum of three to four in the pros to get your 'system' in place!

This story is total BS. Will he interview? Maybe so if he thinks Bama is stupid enough to offer him 10 million a year with a five year contract with a hideous buyout. You should always go and listen but I highly doubt he is even interviewing. Don't forget, Saban's agent Sexton is a very clever person and always finds ways, even through rumors, to get his client looking damn good for future opportunities.

jrsooner
12/6/2006, 08:02 PM
It would be like saying after just two short years in the pros he admitted "I suck here I'm leaving."More like... "The pros stink, I'm going back to where I don't have to put up with millionaire primadonnas." :)

Geekboy
12/6/2006, 08:07 PM
More like... "The pros stink, I'm going back to where I don't have to put up with millionaire primadonnas." :)
He was an assistant in the pros before, Browns under Belichick, Oilers under Glanville. He knows what's going on there.

oilmud
12/6/2006, 08:25 PM
Great, Mike to the U and Bob to the Dolphins.

Jewstin
12/6/2006, 08:41 PM
I think that would be great for Alabama, AS. =o I saw the reports of them wanting Rich Rodriguez and cringed a bit. The guy has done some decent stuff at West Virginia, but I'm on the fence as to whether those hot-shot up and comers are really as good as they seem.

Besides, how is that zone offense crap supposed to work at 'Bama? Saban for the win! Or possibly Kragthorpe, even though that means Tulsa would head back to mediocrity (I still have ties to them since they're a hometown college).

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 10:01 PM
I think that would be great for Alabama, AS. =o I saw the reports of them wanting Rich Rodriguez and cringed a bit. The guy has done some decent stuff at West Virginia, but I'm on the fence as to whether those hot-shot up and comers are really as good as they seem.

Besides, how is that zone offense crap supposed to work at 'Bama? Saban for the win! Or possibly Kragthorpe, even though that means Tulsa would head back to mediocrity (I still have ties to them since they're a hometown college).

Yep yep, sometimes it's just luck of the draw. You just never know. I think the university is feeling that the chances will be better this time around to hire a proven head coach. Looks like we might know something by the end of the week.

crimson&cream
12/6/2006, 10:53 PM

Egad how many times does Kragthorpe have to say I love it here and what we're building I have no interest in leaving TU before people quit mentioning him.

tbl
12/6/2006, 10:55 PM
I know I'd prefer to live in Tuscaloosa over Miami any day.

Jewstin
12/6/2006, 11:04 PM
Egad how many times does Kragthorpe have to say I love it here and what we're building I have no interest in leaving TU before people quit mentioning him.

Hadn't heard that! Good to hear. I'd much rather have him stick around.

bluedogok
12/6/2006, 11:54 PM
How many times has Stoops said the same thing and it still doesn't stop them.

washington's fave
12/7/2006, 12:17 AM
I don't know who would really want to coach at Alabama until the current AD is gone. If you don't win A MNC within 3 years, no matter how good you have played or how much you have improved or how good you have coached, you will be FIRED, and your Div 1 college coaching rep will be ruined because of that. Until Mal Moore is FIRED the atheletic department will not let anyone coach more than 3.5 yrs before they are fired. Mal Moore blindly thinks that because of the "NCAA RULE-BREAKING BOOSTERS for ALABAMA the University employs" that their input of "IF YOU CAN'T WIN NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS EVERY YEAR; YOU DESERVE TO BE FIRED -- NO MATTER IF YOU ARE A GOOD COACH OR NOT" is what wins championships!!! What big name coach would want to coach under expectations that are not reasonable!!! NO WONDER ALABAMA IS HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANYONE THAT WANTS TO COACH FOR THE CRIMSON "DEAD" TIDE!!!! :mad: