PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate threads and other house cleaning items

Norm In Norman
10/16/2006, 08:04 AM
Yes, this means you too!

Please refrain from starting a new thread when a thread already exists about the same subject. Yes, we all want attention thrown our way, but it's very hard to sift through information when there are 30 threads that all state the same thing. So please be considerate to your fellow posters before you click the new thread button. Specifically, I'd say if you have something to say about AD's injury, there are already 30 threads about it on here. Dig one of those up and reply.

Oh, and don't get your panties in a wad if your duplicate thread gets merged and/or closed.

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 08:15 AM
You just had to start a new thread about this didn't you . . . attention grabber!!!

Merged or closed? Heck, just let Dean delete them all when he gets on here. :D

RacerX
10/16/2006, 09:21 AM
This should be a sticky.

oumartin
10/16/2006, 10:54 AM
whats a noob?

sooner_born_1960
10/16/2006, 12:05 PM
It's like a boob, only newer.

oumartin
10/16/2006, 12:24 PM
oh, like a girl in a trainer bra?

The
10/16/2006, 12:28 PM
Why does everyone hate the noobs? Everybody was a noob once...

oumartin
10/16/2006, 12:39 PM
be quiet noob! :D

The
10/16/2006, 12:52 PM
:les:RESPECT AND CELEBRATE MY NOOBNESS!!

OklahomaRed
10/16/2006, 04:38 PM
A noob is a term used by posters on SF.com, who seem to have nothing better to do than run up posts, used to describe another poster by the number of posts they have made. This term is used not necessarily to describe how long you have been posting, but rather that you might actually have a life other than posting on SF.com. A noob could actually be anyone who does not have the same amount of posts as someone else. So, deppending on how many posts you have, you could actually be considered a noob by someone with a greater number of posts than you have, regardless if any of their posts actually make any sense, or if said individual with more posts actually has a brain in their head. The term noob is thrown out to make posters with lesser posts feel intimidated or lesser to the verterans, or at least to feel that the accusor has some type of intellectual or phalic superiority over the lesser poster. Regardless, calling someone a noob is intended to make that person go away. Whether the intent is meant or not, the veteran poster would actually like to keep SF.com all for themselves, thus maintaining their message board superiority. I say, noobs unite. Do not let moderators, administators, or any other bronze, silver, or gold sponsors run you off. Or, for the lesser part of valor, if you find those who do call you noobs to be offensive and a waste of time, feel free to LEAVE !!!

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 04:39 PM
Sounds like "low posts" envy.....

RacerX
10/16/2006, 04:40 PM
A noob is a term used by posters on SF.com, who seem to have nothing better to do than run up posts, used to describe another poster by the number of posts they have made. This term is used not necessarily to describe how long you have been posting, but rather that you might actually have a life other than posting on SF.com. A noob could actually be someone who does not have the same amount of posts as someone else. So, deppending on how many posts you have, you could actually be considered a noob by someone with a greater number of posts than you have, regardless if any of their posts actually make any sense, or if said individual with more posts actually has a brain in their head. The term noob is thrown out to make posters with lesser posts feel intimidated or lesser to the verterans, or at least to feel that the accusor has some type of intellectual or phalic superiority over the lesser poster. Regardless, calling someone a noob is intended to make that person go away. Whether the intent is meant or not, the veteran poster would actually like to keep SF.com all for themselves, thus maintaining their message board superiority. I say, noobs unite. Do not letter moderators, administators, or any other bronze, silver, or gold sponsors run you off. Or, for the lesser part of valor, if you find those who do call you noobs to be offensive and a waste of time, feel free to LEAVE !!!

Noob.

OklahomaRed
10/16/2006, 04:43 PM
Heh ! :D

RacerX
10/16/2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah, you were asking for it.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 05:09 PM
A noob is a term used by posters on SF.com, who seem to have nothing better to do than run up posts, used to describe another poster by the number of posts they have made. This term is used not necessarily to describe how long you have been posting, but rather that you might actually have a life other than posting on SF.com. A noob could actually be anyone who does not have the same amount of posts as someone else. So, deppending on how many posts you have, you could actually be considered a noob by someone with a greater number of posts than you have, regardless if any of their posts actually make any sense, or if said individual with more posts actually has a brain in their head. The term noob is thrown out to make posters with lesser posts feel intimidated or lesser to the verterans, or at least to feel that the accusor has some type of intellectual or phalic superiority over the lesser poster. Regardless, calling someone a noob is intended to make that person go away. Whether the intent is meant or not, the veteran poster would actually like to keep SF.com all for themselves, thus maintaining their message board superiority. I say, noobs unite. Do not let moderators, administators, or any other bronze, silver, or gold sponsors run you off. Or, for the lesser part of valor, if you find those who do call you noobs to be offensive and a waste of time, feel free to LEAVE !!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/WillGristle/snuffx-dot-com-stfu-noob.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 05:13 PM
I thought it was a supersize nipple on a small boob

soonernation
10/16/2006, 06:02 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/16/2006, 06:19 PM
Haha If I don't get credit for start all of the copycat threads!!! I will pout!

StoopTroup
10/16/2006, 06:20 PM
John was such a NooB.

GottaHavePride
10/16/2006, 08:16 PM

I think noob status has little to do with post-count. I think noob is a state of mind. Noob is the state-of-mind where you repeatedly start new threads about the same topic that's being discussed in 17 other threads, or re-post the same thread that a mod just deleted because you "don't know where that other thread of yours went", or you keep asking "What does ENA stand for?" instead of just reading the FAQ. ;)

sooneron
10/16/2006, 09:39 PM
Noobs are people that ask for it.

badger
10/16/2006, 09:41 PM
there have been a lot of excessive threads lately... but of course, what else happens when all news revolves around ou?

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 09:53 PM
noobs are posters who disagree with me...btw, what's with the dramatic resignation post about 5 posts earlier, I am in tears that was so touching...

sooneron
10/16/2006, 10:04 PM
noobs are posters who disagree with me...btw, what's with the dramatic resignation post about 5 posts earlier, I am in tears that was so touching...
Where have you been??:texan:

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 10:14 PM
I have been here...don't start any rumors...

Norm In Norman
10/16/2006, 10:19 PM
Well, it almost worked. I just can't get these noobs trained. Although I do feel it's funny that everyone else thought it didn't apply to them too. You'd think after this long I'd lower my expectations.

sooneron
10/16/2006, 10:32 PM
I would think your expectations would be somewhere in the drainage ditch underneath Main St. at Lahoma

OKC-SLC
10/16/2006, 10:46 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
Pardon me for the noobitudinousness of the question, but I have seen this statement posted several times but I don't know who actually said it for real. Help a brotha out.

And by 'brotha' I mean 'really really white dude'.

soonerhubs
10/16/2006, 11:52 PM

Should we make this a poll? :D

Rocker
10/17/2006, 06:40 AM
Attn Noob: Click some damn ads!
That won't make you Noob anymore.

Dio
10/17/2006, 07:40 AM
btw, what's with the dramatic resignation post about 5 posts earlier, I am in tears that was so touching...

n00b!

;)

The
10/17/2006, 08:22 AM
So....
What happened to the Hollis Board?

GottaHavePride
10/17/2006, 08:23 AM
Pardon me for the noobitudinousness of the question, but I have seen this statement posted several times but I don't know who actually said it for real. Help a brotha out.

And by 'brotha' I mean 'really really white dude'.

What was his handle? Bleedin'SoonerRed or something? He left in a huff after a few people called him out on being a bit of a pompous a5s.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/17/2006, 08:31 AM

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &

You are such a partial qualifier.

OklahomaRed
10/17/2006, 08:44 AM
Now, what would be harder to delineate a definition, would be the difference between a noob, a lurker, a troll, and any other such definitions placed on those who are not administrators, moderators, sponsors, or Sooner All-Universe". :D

Soonrs
10/18/2006, 10:18 AM
I am a noob and a troll!

Does anyone think AD will go pro at the end of the season?

OUinFLA
10/18/2006, 11:20 AM
I think noob status has little to do with post-count. I think noob is a state of mind. Noob is the state-of-mind where you repeatedly start new threads about the same topic that's being discussed in 17 other threads, or re-post the same thread that a mod just deleted because you "don't know where that other thread of yours went", or you keep asking "What does ENA stand for?" instead of just reading the FAQ. ;)

F Yuu HAd aDdeD tHAT THayy TYpeD LikE tHiS IN ALl of THARE pOstS,

You would have just described :dolemite:

Fraggle145
10/18/2006, 11:20 AM

I disagree.... :D

BeetDigger
10/18/2006, 12:31 PM
Well, it almost worked. I just can't get these noobs trained. Although I do feel it's funny that everyone else thought it didn't apply to them too. You'd think after this long I'd lower my expectations.

Since they can't figure it out, then name names.

OUTromBoNado
10/18/2006, 01:01 PM

Well, now that you've defined what a n00b is, that brings me to my next questions.

So....what does ENA stand for? Really?

And while we are at it, does anyone know where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone.

humblesooner
10/18/2006, 02:07 PM
Well, now that you've defined what a n00b is, that brings me to my next questions.

So....what does ENA stand for? Really?

And while we are at it, does anyone know where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone.

I think a better question would be "What does FAQ mean?"

boomersooner177
10/20/2006, 03:15 PM
noob is a term invented by message board geeks to feel superior :D

Penguin
10/20/2006, 05:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noob

Newbs are simply newcomers—noob and n00b, on the other hand, generally mean someone who is obnoxious, annoying, or breaks the rules or cannot play effectively; whether they are actual newcomers or not is mostly irrelevant. Therefore, a noob may be someone who has been around for a long time but still engages in behavior that he or she should have learned is unacceptable. Noobs are generally confident in what they are doing, but in reality are annoying others. "Newb" is not necessarily an insulting word, but "noob" usually is. If someone makes an unintelligent comment on a forum or asks a question that even other newbies could answer then it is said that they are making a "noobish" comment or asking a "noobish" question. However, due to the evolution of language, the term noob or 'n00b' is now used both ways and newb is used only infrequently.

Somebody has way too much time on their hands.

'90 Sooner PE
10/20/2006, 08:59 PM
Um...can someone tell me how I can start a new thread about the Colorado game? I'm new here and was hoping I could make some new friends and talk about the Colorado game and, you know, stuff..

sanantoniosooner
10/20/2006, 09:03 PM
Um...can someone tell me how I can start a new thread about the Colorado game? I'm new here and was hoping I could make some new friends and talk about the Colorado game and, you know, stuff..
There are no new threads here.

We just post in current one.

Don't ask me how the current one's came to exist.

OUinFLA
10/20/2006, 09:06 PM
You have to have something like 8000 posts to start a thread.
Oh, yeah, and you have to send Phil some money.

Penguin
10/20/2006, 09:14 PM
I'm not even sure how I got into this thread.

'90 Sooner PE
10/20/2006, 09:21 PM
Since this is my second post I'm not a noob now, right? How do I start a thread about Adrian's collarbone. And who's Phil and how much money do I need to send him?

sanantoniosooner
10/20/2006, 09:21 PM
Since this is my second post I'm not a noob now, right? How do I start a thread about Adrian's collarbone. And who's Phil and how much money do I need to send him?
Phil is the only guy that's not a noob.

Everyone is is noobtacular.

'90 Sooner PE
10/20/2006, 09:34 PM
Even that President and CEO John Helander guy that got his panties bunched and huffed outa here after squeeling like a little girl that everyone was too rude? I thought he was more of a jack-tard than a noob, but what the hell do I know? I don't even have double digit posts yet

stoopified
10/21/2006, 01:00 PM
Sounds like "low posts" envy.....Is this like the penis mightier than the sword?

OklahomaRed
10/23/2006, 12:00 PM
Is this like the penis mightier than the sword?

Aren't they the same thing? :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/27/2006, 03:30 PM
I think it's funny when people get mad when they called a n00b.

When you get called a n00b and it doesn't make you mad - that's when you're not a n00b anymore.

And saying/reading that word over and over is making me giggle now.

:norm:

SoonerInKCMO
10/27/2006, 03:35 PM

When you get called a n00b and it doesn't make you mad - that's when you're not a n00b anymore.

Like a n00b like you would know anything about that. :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/27/2006, 03:40 PM
I wonder what Rush Limbaugh thinks?

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/27/2006, 03:43 PM
Like a n00b like you would know anything about that. :rolleyes:

:mad:http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif:mad:

:D

GottaHavePride
10/27/2006, 03:45 PM

Yeah. I giggle when I type 9009 into a calculator and turn it upside-down and it says b00b.

jaux
10/29/2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah. I giggle when I type 9009 into a calculator and turn it upside-down and it says b00b.
Mine reads d00d :confused:

IndySooner
11/1/2006, 05:59 PM
After reading this board, I'm not sure if I'm welcome here:P :D

My 1st post:D

GottaHavePride
11/1/2006, 06:08 PM
Mine reads d00d :confused:

sometimes 6006 looks like b00b too.

Or if you have a calculator that does hexadecimal you can just type b00b.

StoopTroup
11/4/2006, 03:31 PM
After reading this board, I'm not sure if I'm welcome here:P :D

My 1st post:D
Welcome to the board NooB. :D

franklinjake
11/8/2006, 08:59 PM
Yes, this means you too!

Please refrain from starting a new thread when a thread already exists about the same subject. Yes, we all want attention thrown our way, but it's very hard to sift through information when there are 30 threads that all state the same thing. So please be considerate to your fellow posters before you click the new thread button. Specifically, I'd say if you have something to say about AD's injury, there are already 30 threads about it on here. Dig one of those up and reply.

Oh, and don't get your panties in a wad if your duplicate thread gets merged and/or closed.

Thanks for starting me down the right Sooner path .........

GrainGuy
11/11/2006, 05:36 PM
This is good info.

OklahomaRed
11/12/2006, 01:02 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/WillGristle/snuffx-dot-com-stfu-noob.jpg

JM is not a noob, but everyone wishes he would, :les: STFU!!!!:D

StormySooner-IN
11/19/2006, 08:57 PM
I POSTED THIS ON MY OLD ACCOUNT, in the "Sooner 'Fans' " Thread (testing forum)
BEFORE I FOUND OUT THERE WAS ANOTHER INDYSOONER HERE...

STIL LIVE IN INDY:P

Alright, here's my opinion.

I'm 14, and I have been a Sooner fan for about 3 years, and a Boiler since i was born.

I say you don't have to be born in Ok or have to have been there to be a fan, but i know what you mean about the whole bandwagon deal.

I always say I'm a Sooner fan, and say it proudly, even when I'm talking to the kids at school who are fans, and OU just lost the Red River battle. Just as I do with Purdue. Even now in, YET ANOTHER, bad season, I'm a proud Boiler;) .

I'm a sooner fan because, I really want to go to college there and get a degree in meterology. (I'm involved in many ways with the Weather Service out here ) went to the SPC a couple of time and got to stop by the OU campus too.

Hope you get my point.

Anyways, Im 14, love the Sooners, Boilers, Colts (please don't neg!):eek: :O

I'm rooting for the buckeyes this year ( I was born in OH, and my cousin is on the bball team, though I'm not really that much of a fan.)

BOOMER SOONER

plumbob
11/20/2006, 11:17 AM
Why n00b? Why not newb, neub, or knoob?

Boise State Penguin
11/20/2006, 01:08 PM
Why can't I start a new thread?

Are you Sooners afraid of a BCS team?

jaux
11/21/2006, 06:11 AM
BS Penguin, is your avatar taking a dump?

StormySooner-IN
11/21/2006, 09:59 PM
BS Penguin, is your avatar taking a dump?
I think it has a combination of Severe Diaherra and Constipation.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/30/2006, 02:56 AM
Why can't I start a new thread?

Are you Sooners afraid of a BCS team?

Hah, penguins wtf. GTFO. If we have to play this ****ty team I'll be ****ed.

BoomerGirl34
12/1/2006, 11:00 PM
http://www.cymoro.com/hotlink/noob.jpg

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/6/2006, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, help us out. If you're posting a link to a news article (especially one older than just a few hours) or passing on a rumour that you found on another site, chances are it's already been discussed here.

The search funtion is your friend.

Scan the first and second page of the forum. If it isn't obvious it's there and doesn't show up in the search then go ahead and post.

And, while the tone of the board tends to lean toward irreverence and sarcasm (and we like it that way) the traffic is also up right now. So if everyone were to start a new thread for every single one-off headline and/or pun type thing now, it would kill the front page.

We're going to start being ruthless about locking threads and, if you get tagged as a repeat idiot thread starter, I'm gonna remove your thread starting privileges. And I'm not even sorry about that.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/6/2006, 01:57 PM
I guess nobody got my joke about this thread here being an actul duplicate thread of the one Norm started a long time ago... Also a sticky.