PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Study Group releases report

JohnnyMack
12/6/2006, 11:17 AM
W calls is a "tough assessment".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234667,00.html

Study group says costs could exceed 1 TRILLION.

Jerk
12/6/2006, 11:33 AM
The idea I like best is to move our entire force to the Syrian and Iranian borders to keep the foriegn fighters busy and out of the country. Let Iraqis do the fighting in their own streets and cities, and we back them up with air power and special forces. The only large force we keep in the interior is to protect the green zone and the airports.

But hey, I'm no expert. What we're doing now ain't working. But this would at least beat re-deployment to Okinawa or just cutting and running and letting all of our iraqi friends get slaughtered.

slickdawg
12/6/2006, 11:39 AM
The idea I like best is to move our entire force to the Syrian and Iranian borders to keep the foriegn fighters busy and out of the country. Let Iraqis do the fighting in their own streets and cities, and we back them up with air power and special forces. The only large force we keep in the interior is to protect the green zone and the airports.

But hey, I'm no expert. What we're doing now ain't working. But this would at least beat re-deployment to Okinawa or just cutting and running and letting all of our iraqi friends get slaughtered.

I like this idea. Block out Iran and Syria.

mdklatt
12/6/2006, 11:54 AM
I like this idea. Block out Iran and Syria.

:les: BUILD A FENCE!

fadada1
12/6/2006, 01:02 PM
the way i see this whle mess, is that it's a "go, no go valve".

either we go in and wipe the whole place clean... or leave. leaving seems like the best option, imo.

Poli Sci
12/6/2006, 01:38 PM
We must have some dialogue with the other nations in that area. When we leave Iraq we need for that government to apear legitimate. The best way for that to happen is for that government to appear legitimate to the other nations in that region.

This may be unrealistic though. As of late you here the military and our government downplaying Iran's unfluence. Iran has a strong influence in Iraq, they don't want a secular democracy. They would want to see a Democratic Theocracy. What prominent muslim leader has supported a western Democracy?

fadada1
12/6/2006, 01:42 PM
What prominent muslim leader has supported a western Democracy?
[arnold horshack] OOO, OOO. PICK ME, MR. KOTTER [arnold horshack]

NONE!!!!