PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Fiesta Bowl...I started this earlier today...

setem
12/6/2006, 12:17 AM
Now I am drunk...:D

Going into this game I see many things to be scared of. Bull **** you has a running back that can slash with the best of them. Their QB can pick apart any D in the MAC and some out. Some Bronco fans have been trying to put their running back in the same game as AD. The boys in blue are undefeated and coming into this game with something to prove. This is their game of the century and the pressure is on them to win. I could see Boise coming out and giving OU a good kicking. They are smart, they hit hard and they are UNDEFEATED! Who have they played this year? Oregon State who beat USC? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. BSU could come in Glendale all pistons firing, looking for a fight and they are going to get one.

There is nothing I can say about OU that you do not already know. PT is the man. Bob is the man. AD is going to the man…again! Our D is lightening fast and that O-line is doing it’s job. The running game with AP and CB is racking it up. This is nothing new. The Sooners are on fire! Nowhere in the WAC can you find a D that can hold a candle to what OU has. Do not get me wrong, BSU should not in any shape or form take BSU for granted. BSU is damn good…in the WAC.

My predictions for this game is pretty simple. Bull-**** U will either keep it close and make a game of it or OU is going to romp and stomp all over their ***. There will be no middle ground, no two score win for us. I have heard some of you say that this is a lose - lose situation for our boys. If they win, it is expected. If they lose then we are chumps. The only way to make things clear is to hang it high. I am not talking a 30, 40 or even a 50 point bashing. If we really want to make a statement, some old time Michigan - Fielding Yost and Georgia Tech - Cumberland action is in order. Fielding Yost’s Michigan team was known as the “Point a minute offense” From 1901-05 his teams won 56 games in a row and outscored the opposition 2,821 to 42. All of you I assume know about the GT-Cumberland Game. GT beat the living snot out of Cumberland 222-0. Cumberland never made a 1st down that game. Their longest gain was a 10 yard pass on 4th and 22. Every player on the GT squad scored. I have a question though. After this beating and during Hurry Up Yost’s reign of terror; did anyone question their morals or sportsmanship? I am thinking not! Look back at the aTm thrashing and the Red River Destruction of Texas the following week the press was saying OU ran the score up. This is football people you win some, you lose some. Sometimes you lose and sometime you get your *** handed to you.

If given the opportunity, Bob should put as many points on the board as possible. If it is 88-0 in the 1st quarter we need to put up 88 more. The Sooners need to play with as much disregard for the other team’s safety as possible. I do not even know how to explain what kind of game OU need to play. Play it just like they have all year long. Smash’em and Gash’em! I hope on the 1st offensive play of the game one of our players lays Jared Zabransky out and his helmet caves in. He stays in the game and throws 5 picks all to Reggie Smith!

AD ends the game with 200+ rushing yards and 3 td’s

PT has 4 td passes 300+ yard passing and rushes for half a hundred.

MK has 2 td catches 100+yards

Gresh has 2 td catches and 100+yards

RU gets arrested in the middle of the 2nd quarter for the murder of Ian Johnson.

Reggie also gets busted for grand larceny. 5 picks in one game all for TD’s

Granger and Ah You score on fumble recoveries.

Birdine scores with Chris Petersen’s mom! HAY HAY HAY!

The 1st and 2nd string d-backs for BSU all leave the game with 3rd degree burns and smoke inhalation.

For 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter BSU and OU switch coaches. The Broncos begin scoring at will and bring the game within reach. After the 5 minutes are up they switch back and all is right in the world.

Garrett Hartley has sex with everyone of the BSU Cheerleaders! 9 months later they will give birth to the 2025 OU recruiting class, who will win every game and take up every slot on the All-America Roster for 4 years in a row. All of them were born with a visor on!

At the start of the 4th quarter Gerald McCoy sneaks into the BSU locker room and eats every bit of food on the post game buffet. He will set a world record for most food consumed during a football game and then on the plane ride home he sets another one. BIGGEST POOP!

Keith Nichol is in attendance and decides he no longer wants to play for Oklahoma. After seeing Joey Halzley throw for 500 yards and 4 td passes in the final minute of the game, the job looked locked up. Bob who sat with him for the majority of the 1st half assured him otherwise.

PT and JJF debate for a good 15 minutes on whether or not a foot massage is cheating!

Kevin Wilson let random fans call plays for most of the game. He will soon start a new reality show called “You Call the Game” Next season we will go 14-0 with this new system. O-coordinators around the nation start losing their jobs.

OU wins by a close one 535-30

I started out being serious and then it all went down hill. I hate sounding an AGGIE!

Oklahoma State University - Stillwater Champions 2007:cool:

SPREAD IT ON!

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/6/2006, 12:28 AM
Before this gets modded . . .

Great post.

Question: Were you sober by the time you finished typing that?

setem
12/6/2006, 12:34 AM
No! I am still drinking! SoCo is my best good friend!

Ruuuuuufus
12/6/2006, 12:38 AM
if anything, at least the first four words of your post clarify your point of view.

Blues1
12/6/2006, 01:17 AM
You took the words right out of my guts......

Only The Game will be Real Close...:)

OU 107 Boise State 3
R'

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 01:32 AM
http://www.funnypostcard.com/funny/images/funny_cat.jpg

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2006, 01:32 AM
Um, yes. Actually, John Heisman drew a lot of criticism for the way he handled the Cumberland game. Cumberland wasn't even fielding a football team that year, but Heisman insisted they play a scheduled game because he was sore about losing a baseball game to Cumberland 22-0. Cumberland suited up several players that had never played organized football before.

Half a Hundred
12/6/2006, 01:34 AM
POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan:

Miko
12/6/2006, 01:38 AM
How about this:

We make this like a walk-a-thon thing and all Sooner faithfull pledge a specified donation for each point of margin of victory with the procedes going to Josh's charity.

Then how can anyone criticize throwing to Kelly in the endzone when we're up 77-0? It's for the children! :D

Blues1
12/6/2006, 01:41 AM
How about this:

We make this like a walk-a-thon thing and all Sooner faithfull pledge a specified donation for each point of margin of victory with the procedes going to Josh's charity.

Then how can anyone criticize throwing to Kelly in the endzone when we're up 77-0? It's for the children! :D

Done Deal --- I'm Good for $2.00 a point ...... So that's about $200.00 I figure.... :)

Next.....!!!

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 01:42 AM
http://www.foldedspace.org/files/cat/smokingcats.jpg

Fiesta Bowl Penguin
12/6/2006, 01:43 AM
This post gets my stamp of approval :D

Crazy Sooner
12/6/2006, 01:47 AM
This post gets my stamp of approval :D

You dont know Jack. The sherrif will get you
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/kitty2.jpg

daMentor
12/6/2006, 01:59 AM
Damn you need to share whatever it is you're on. Nice post.. lol

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 02:02 AM
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8246/scaredkitty6td.jpg

setem
12/6/2006, 02:22 AM
what is with all these damn cats?

Crazy Sooner
12/6/2006, 02:25 AM
what is with all these damn cats?

I knew you were scared of cat

setem
12/6/2006, 02:29 AM
I love the cat! I could have cat for breakfast lunch and dinner! It is the Richard's of the world that I hate! I wish I could have 2 cats at the same time!

Crazy Sooner
12/6/2006, 02:44 AM
I love the cat! I could have cat for breakfast lunch and dinner! It is the Richard's of the world that I hate! I wish I could have 2 cats at the same time!

[sarcasm]Like you could handle a couple of cats on your lap
[sarcasm]:rolleyes:

setem
12/7/2006, 03:44 PM
I love the cat!:D

Hate the broncos!:mad:

PAW
12/7/2006, 04:14 PM
Brilliant!

Mark Asher
12/7/2006, 04:33 PM
Hello to everyone in Sooner land. My name is Mark Asher and I host the afternoon drive sports show in Phoenix, AZ. I work for XTRA Sports 910. The reason for my post is to let everyone know that today we are auctioning off a pair of lower level tickets to the Fiesta Bowl between Oklahoma and Bosie State. The tickets are courtesy of John Junker from the Fiesta Bowl. My radio partner and I are doing our annual "Miracle on 20th Street" Charity drive benefitting the Phoenix Childrens Hospital. This auction ends today (thur) at 5:15 pm. I am sorry for the last minute notice and sorry I didn't start my own thread...(It wouldn't let me!) The number to bid is (602) 374-6399. If you would like more info, our website is www.xtra910.com. No worries if you don't want to bid, but I thought I would get the news to the Sooner fans. The bid right now is $600. Thanks for your time. Go Sooners!

Mark

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2006, 04:35 PM
Hey, thanks for the heads up, Mark. I'll go ahead and repost that in its own thread for you.

I won't be bidding-I already have my tickets-but that's a really worthy charity.

Fraggle145
12/7/2006, 04:43 PM
Now I am drunk...:D

...his teams won 56 games in a row?

Isnt that a record? :eek:

Rest of the post is classic!? I apparently need to drink with you sometime...

olevetonahill
12/7/2006, 07:20 PM
Im gonna wait gfor a few hrs to read the thing . I think I might need to be drunk to really appreciate it ;)

franklinjake
12/7/2006, 08:27 PM
I agree, I am so sick and tired of hearing how good Boise State is. Just because you are undefeated doesn't mean you are deserving of a BCS game. If so, why in the hell are we playing Texas, Missouri, A&M, Tech, Nebraska, etc., when we could play their schedule of Wyoming, Nevada, Utah State, Hawaii, Utah, etc. They have not played one ranked team the whole 2006 year! But they sure blew out Sacramento State! Wow....

StoopTroup
12/7/2006, 08:38 PM
I think the Hartley comment should be edited.

CatfishSooner
12/7/2006, 09:02 PM
hartley kinda does look like he might go for the guys...so ya, change it!

setem
12/7/2006, 11:00 PM
Fixed and I am drinking again!:D