PDA

View Full Version : Murder in The Village

Jerk
12/5/2006, 11:06 PM
Did anyone read or see where an 18 year old killed his father in The Village and stuffed his body in a freezer for 10 days?

That kid was on my brother's soccer team (the one I posted pics of this last summer) and also attended school with him at OCA. The mother worked for my dad at the last company he was at - in the oilfield. She is American, the father was Nigerian. The kid was mixed race. He was polite, though kind of shy, and came over alot to get out of the house. The sad thing is, the father probably deserved it. He was an abusive SOB. The mother told my dad that work was the only place she could go and not get harrassed. There's alot more to this, but what I'm saying is that the father had it coming. The kid should have killed him when he was 15, not 18. He'll probably go to jail for a long time.

Mongo
12/5/2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I saw it. Terrible story

Sooner_Havok
12/5/2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, the guy was a soccer coach at Classen SAS too wasn't he?

Boomer.....
12/6/2006, 08:36 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2981772

Body kept in freezer, police say

THE VILLAGE — The frozen body of an Oklahoma City Schools physical education teacher was stuffed in a freezer inside his garage for up to 10 days, police said Tuesday.

The body of Emmanuel Thompson, 48, was discovered Monday by officers investigating a tip, The Village Deputy Chief Steve Jagosh said. An autopsy to determine a cause of death will not be performed for several days, Jagosh said.

He said the body was moved from the box freezer in the garage sometime Monday and was wrapped in a tarpaulin, then stuffed into the trunk of a car parked in the garage. That's where law officers found the body after storming the house about 7:30 p.m. Monday.

About three hours later, the victim's son, Andrew J. Thompson, 20, was found hiding in the attic, Jagosh said. Andrew Thompson, whom authorities said has no criminal history, was being held Tuesday at the Oklahoma County jail on a first-degree murder complaint.

Emmanuel Thompson coached boys' soccer and taught physical education at Classen School of Advanced Studies, school Principal Ron Maxfield said. Thompson previously taught physical education at Putnam Heights Elementary School.

"I'm pretty shocked," said. Kyle McNayr, 20, the Classen boys' soccer captain for the 2004-05 season. "One of the guys from the team told me, and I didn't believe it."

McNayr, who is playing soccer on a scholarship at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio, said Emmanuel Thompson went out of his way to help players.

"He did a lot for me as a soccer player," McNayr said. "He loved soccer, and he loved coaching."

At Classen, school officials asked counselors to talk to distraught students Tuesday, Maxfield said.

"This is traumatic for our school," he said.

The apparent homicide is the first in The Village in more than four years, Police Chief Paul Kinman said.

Jagosh said a man flagged down a police officer in The Village about 11 a.m. Monday and said he had seen a body inside the Thompson house at 2628 Keats Place.

Officers obtained a search warrant, and an Oklahoma County Sheriff's tactical team and The Village police surrounded the house about 5:30 p.m. Monday.

Cindy Hyatt, who lives next door to Emmanuel Thompson's house, was one of several neighbors forced to leave her home during what she was told was a standoff. Residents were allowed to return shortly after 10 p.m.

A little later, an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent assisting at the crime scene heard something in the attic, and officers discovered and arrested Andrew Thompson, Kinman said.

Hyatt remembered Emmanuel Thompson as a friendly neighbor.

Hyatt said she noticed Andrew Thompson had several friends visit since Thursday's snowstorm.

Emmanuel Thompson had requested time off for a surgery and had not been in school since the Monday before Thanksgiving,

tbl
12/6/2006, 09:57 AM
So where is the interview with your brother stating that this guy was abusive??? All we're getting here is "he was a great guy".

Rhino
12/6/2006, 01:19 PM
From Andrew's blog:

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Im Seriously On The War Path
Current mood: crushed
Category: Friends

I don't take **** from no one... i don't give anyone any reason to walk all over me... so y the hell on God's green earth do still get treated like crap? I got a job people go to 4 years of college for...i hav a sweet ride lol.... im loyal and respectful to evryone... im honest and don't lie or bend the truth about anything to anyone... So whats Up! If my life is to be played out like this id rather end it right now! It just eats away at ur heart when u try soo hard and it pretty much slaps u in the face.

1stTimeCaller
12/6/2006, 01:32 PM
So where is the interview with your brother stating that this guy was abusive??? All we're getting here is "he was a great guy".

rarely do people tell the truth about dead *******s. Everybody is usually trying to be nice when they speak about the dead.

Mongo
12/6/2006, 01:34 PM
Saw an interview on TV with one of his neighbors. Basically said he kept to himself and would never talk to anyone in the neighborhood, and she could hear him yelling in arguments alot.

Jerk
12/9/2006, 01:22 AM
Here's teh latest article. I know he played with my brother, but I thought it was for Oklahoma Christian.

http://www.newsok.com/article/2983437/?template=home/main

Soonerus
12/9/2006, 01:28 AM
That's a ****ty deal....