PDA

View Full Version : Don't fart when you fly American

reevie
12/5/2006, 10:26 PM
or they may not let you ride with them again....

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=40210

Flatulence, not turbulence forces plane landing in Nashville

Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville early Monday morning.

American Flight 1053, from Washington Reagan National Airport and bound for Dallas/Fort Worth, made an emergency landing here after passengers reported smelling struck matches, said Lynne Lowrance, a spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority.

The plane landed safely. The FBI, Transportation Safety Administration and airport authority responded to the emergency, Lowrance said.

The passengers and five crew members were brought off the plane, together with all the luggage, to go through security checks again. Bomb-sniffing dogs found spent matches.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal body odor, Lowrance said. The woman lives near Dallas and has a medical condition.

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane.

"American has banned her for a long time," Lowrance said.

She was not charged but could have been. While it is legal to bring as many as four books of paper safety matches onto an aircraft, it is illegal to strike a match in an airplane, Lowrance said.

By Samuel Shu, The Tennessean
Last updated: 12/5/2006 3:07:10 PM

yermom
12/5/2006, 10:30 PM
um, farting wasn't the problem...

reevie
12/5/2006, 10:36 PM
yeah, i know. but it's funnier that way.

I suppose the real issue here is how did this lady get matches onto an airliner?

Mongo
12/5/2006, 10:37 PM
she was keepin them warm

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2006, 10:44 PM
holding farts is unAmerican.

Mongo
12/5/2006, 10:48 PM
DELTA: Where complimentory room spray is given out freely

Czar Soonerov
12/5/2006, 10:58 PM
The terrorists hate us for our flatulence.

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2006, 10:59 PM
The terrorists hate us for our flatulence.
it's the inconvenient truth.

GrapevineSooner
12/5/2006, 11:01 PM
If a passenger can't mask their farts on an airplane, then the terrorists have already won.

Czar Soonerov
12/5/2006, 11:36 PM
The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal body odor, Lowrance said...."American has banned her for a long time," Lowrance said....

See what happens when you cut and run?

Jimminy Crimson
12/6/2006, 03:47 AM
I crop dust and blame it on the ghey flight attendant. :texan:

crawfish
12/6/2006, 08:36 AM
Doesn't she know that's bad for the environment? :mad:

tbl
12/6/2006, 09:54 AM
I suppose the real issue here is how did this lady get matches onto an airliner?
Is this a joke??? If not, read the article.... again.

Okieflyer
12/6/2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.denibonet.com/blog/images/Tom%20Fart.jpg

OklaPony
12/6/2006, 10:25 AM
Whew! Good thing I booked Continental for the trip to Phoenix!

TheHumanAlphabet
12/6/2006, 10:41 AM
yeah, i know. but it's funnier that way.

Paper matches are allowed...striking them ain't...Stupid people, an airplane isn't a bus. Her travels just got more difficult as she is banned from AA.

Reminds me of my honeymoon trip in Australia, on my flight from Melbourne to Cairns, some lady thought it would be cool to smoke in the bathroom. The flight attendants immediately came to her seat and asked the group of three which one was just in the bathroom? The center seat lady said it was her, the FA then asked for her tickets, took them and then informed her that State Police would be meeting her in Cairns and arresting her. She started protesting, then the FA read her Federal Regulations and she started crying and stammering, The FA said she would not be allowed to fly the airlines again...I think it was Quantas. We walked by her as the Police were arresting her...

Sooner_Bob
12/6/2006, 01:27 PM
Rescreening everyone? That makes me feel even safer.

I hope this doesn't happen next week when I go to DC.