PDA

View Full Version : Help me out here

85Sooner
12/5/2006, 10:20 PM
I understand that CHristmas lights, YES CHristmas Lights not holiday lights are great to put on the house. THey are beautiful and I have quite a few on mine down here in longhorn town'. What I don't understand is the people whoe put strings of ights up the trunk of a tree and then stop. whats that all about. IMO it looks unfinished and silly. Its kinda like the work of the egyptions and their pyramids. People say these were built by a great hardworking people. I disagree.
I think they were built by people with diminishing goals. The plan was for a big square building but it was a union job and they kept doing less every day finally the foreman said place a rock on the top and lets break.Whats up with that?:pop:

BajaOklahoma
12/5/2006, 10:26 PM
Short legs and no ladder?

Mongo
12/5/2006, 10:31 PM
When they are drunk off egg nog, it is a signal to not run into their tree when they pull into the driveway

Sooner_Havok
12/5/2006, 10:31 PM
The ones where they actually wrap them around the truck and the larger branches looks really good though. But I agree, just the stump seems kinda lazy.

Ike
12/5/2006, 11:12 PM
I like to just strew my lights out randomly on the lawn and the roof of the house and plug em in. I think it's more pleasing to the eye ;)

Sooner_Havok
12/6/2006, 01:05 AM
I saw a guy putting up lights on his roof when I went home to see the folks for Thanksgiving. After further inspection I saw he was putting them up to say "osu". The lights were red...

Also, there were no lights on this guys house Sunday when I headed back to Norman.

BajaOklahoma
12/6/2006, 04:48 AM
Two guys in the metroplex are hospitalized after falling from roofs while hanging their Christmas lights. Both have serious back injuries and are partially paralized. Sad.

85Sooner
12/6/2006, 08:49 AM
When they are drunk off egg nog, it is a signal to not run into their tree when they pull into the driveway

I can actually believe that!