PDA

View Full Version : This Bowl Season compared to last

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2006, 06:18 PM
I always take 2 weeks off of work during bowl season to sit around, eat hot links and watch bowl games. But as I look through the list, I m not seeing the kind of matchups that was produced last season. Obviously your BCS bowl games should be good matchups but the others arent living up to the excitement that I had pre bowl-season last year...Missouri-South Carolina, Nebraska-Michigan, OU-Oregon, TCU-Iowa State, Alabama-TT, Florida-Iowa, Arizona State-Rutgers, Wisconsin-Aub were all games I was excited about..This year Neb-Aub is about the only game outside of the BCS games that seems interesting..Arkansas-Wisconsin may be ok too..

What bowl matchup, besides BCS Bowls, is a matchup that may be a great one?

proudsoonergal
12/5/2006, 06:43 PM
I think Cal/A&M will be interesting to watch. Of course, I usually try to catch all of the Big XII games.

swardboy
12/5/2006, 06:48 PM
Alabama/OSU kinda sounds like fun. Nebraska/Auburn: I'll be rooting for the bugeaters to tweak aubie. And I'll be interested to see how Missouri handles the Trojan-beaters, er, Oregon State.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/5/2006, 06:56 PM
It's usually suprising which games are good and which ones are blowouts. Tis why you must watch all of them!

Worst game last year... Miami-LSU.

soonerinabilene
12/5/2006, 06:58 PM
honestly, the hawaii bowl could be pretty entertaining- ariz state vs hawaii. they got a Samoan rb thats pretty good. wouldnt be surprised if the liberty bowl between south carolina and houston was a good one. i know these arent the marquee match-ups that we had last year, but they have a good chance of being really fun to watch.

starrca23
12/5/2006, 07:06 PM
I love seeing which conference does the best.

Texas Golfer
12/5/2006, 07:11 PM
It's usually suprising which games are good and which ones are blowouts. Tis why you must watch all of them!

Exactly!

ruf/nekdad
12/5/2006, 08:03 PM
Moutain View hot links I hope, and not those crappy red unknown things.

yermom
12/5/2006, 08:54 PM
the Peach Bowl kicked ***, you guys are nuts :D

i hope Leach doesn't go to Miami, i really don't want someone i like there

tbl
12/5/2006, 08:57 PM
The Rose this year is going to be good. The Sugar could be good if ND can pull off a miracle and take their bunch of suckers down there to whip Les.

proudsoonergal
12/5/2006, 09:06 PM

Actually, I really enjoyed that one. :D

Blues1
12/5/2006, 11:38 PM
Outside of the BSC bowls I don't see much that "IS A MUST SEE Game " - I will watch as many as I can -BUT - seems Like last years bowl games were more interesting than most I see this year...

Iowa 6 and 6 taking down texas --- :)
Neb vs aub should have some real good moments
Holiday bowl somehow as seems to have WILD endings...
Like to see LSU stomp ND in the ground - or maybe the other way around ..:)
Michigan giving Carroll a lesson in Defense would be nice...
Let Okie state slaughter Bama....(want the Big 12 to look Good)
Go Tulsa.....
Go Rice...
Ho Hum on most of the others....

Wasn't it just Like last week we were geting Ready fo UAB ...... :)

Sooners 52 - Boise State 22
Keep R'

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure last year's bowl season can be topped. SO many great matchups and games going down to the wire. I think we got spoiled last year, which will in turn make this year not seem nearly as good. I have to admit that the Orange Bowl is about as appealing to me as that Utah/Pitt Fiesta Bowl a couple years ago. *yawn*

Paperclip
12/6/2006, 12:12 AM
I don't know why, but I went to the trouble of creating a .csv file of this year's bowl games to import into my Outlook calendar. If anyone wants it just let me know.

westcoast_sooner
12/6/2006, 12:55 AM
Story lines:
Holiday Bowl - Fran and Co get to hang out with REAL Marines while Cal, who was once touted as a possible NC candidate heads downstate.

Alamo Bowl - Texas QB situation might make a 6-6 Iowa team look good.

Las Vegas Bowl - Oregon and BYU combine for 1200 yards passing in a game that lasts 6 hours.

New Orleans Bowl (Troy vs Rice) - You mean these two teams are actually bowl eligible?

New Mexico Bowl - San Jose St vs. New Mexico? How come they get to host their own bowl game?

Blues1
12/6/2006, 01:05 AM
New Bowl Game for January 2008

USA All Stars vs Anybody from Mexico or California who can Speak English .... :)

Gonna take heat on this one......Let er rip.....

Sooner_Havok
12/6/2006, 01:12 AM
MPC Computers Bowl! I just want to see the looks on the cocaines faces when they get off the bus in Boise Idaho!

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 01:34 AM
http://alf.nonsence.de/cats/001.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2006, 05:45 PM
I was taking a look at that Hawaii-Arizona St game thinking it would be fun but teams playing with a fired coaching staff have a tendency to throw an egg up

TheLlama
12/6/2006, 06:20 PM
You take two weeks off. Thats dedication SON!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2006, 06:32 PM
You take two weeks off. Thats dedication SON!

Yup...I do some NFL draft work on the side and its a great way to scout out some talent and watch a lot of the fooseball