PDA

View Full Version : Employment type questions

royalfan5
12/5/2006, 05:49 PM
Will employers consider an advanced degree in lieu of a couple years experience and a bachelor's degree?

soonerboomer93
12/5/2006, 05:56 PM
depends on the employeer. never hurts to just put in the resume and see what happens though

Okieflyer
12/5/2006, 06:04 PM
depends on the employeer. never hurts to just put in the resume and see what happens though

Agreed! Plus what is the Advanced degree in? And do you have grommits in your ears?
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/609378/2/istockphoto_609378_piercing_streached_lobe_with_hu ge_plug.jpg
JUST SAY NO!!!!!

royalfan5
12/5/2006, 06:12 PM
Agreed! Plus what is the Advanced degree in? And do you have grommits in your ears?
http://www.smallbear.org/personal/journal/ear.jpg
JUST SAY NO!!!!!
MBA with an Agribusiness specialization. Essential I took a bunch of grad level Ag Econ classes with regular MBA classes. I have no tattoos or piercings what so ever.

Okieflyer
12/5/2006, 06:18 PM
Just a couple of years of experience?
I don't know, but I would hire you.:D

5 Years of good experience, no they would win out.

Ike
12/5/2006, 06:20 PM
depends on a few factors. the first being the employer and their perceptions. thats probably the most important. second, if the advanced degree lines up well with the field that the employer is hiring for, then its probably more likely, and third, if you gained experience in the process of getting the grad degree.

Okieflyer
12/5/2006, 06:25 PM
depends on a few factors. the first being the employer and their perceptions. thats probably the most important. second, if the advanced degree lines up well with the field that the employer is hiring for, then its probably more likely, and third, if you gained experience in the process of getting the grad degree.

Your answer is way better!:mad:

royalfan5
12/5/2006, 06:29 PM
So basically, it's worth a shot.

Vaevictis
12/5/2006, 07:16 PM
So basically, it's worth a shot.

It's almost always worth a shot. What's the worst that happens, you don't get the job?

That's the same result as not taking the shot in the first place ;)