PDA

View Full Version : Mike Reed Question

fwsooner22
12/5/2006, 04:33 PM
Where did Mike Reed go to high school????Anybody know?

Harry Beanbag
12/5/2006, 04:49 PM
Somewhere in Florida I believe.

chbrew09
12/6/2006, 10:16 AM
I know he's still the same player, and rankings don't mean much, but he's officially moved up to a five star status on rivals and is considered th 3rd best JUCO player in the nation now. That can't be a bad sign! Looks like we've got our starter with Reynolds and Lofton next year.

Desert Sapper
12/6/2006, 10:41 AM
Already writing off Pleasant and Baker? It might be good to have him on campus first. It might also be good to see how well Ryan's recovered before automatically starting him. That said, I agree that the penciling in of Reed and Reynolds with Lofton looks pretty dang exciting for the D.

Bloomer_Sooner
12/6/2006, 10:59 AM
Don't forget Robinson.

soonerdave79
12/6/2006, 11:51 AM
Don't forget Robinson.

Anybody know what's goin' on with him? Has he seen any action? He was supposed to be pretty good.

chbrew09
12/6/2006, 01:03 PM
Already writing off Pleasant and Baker? It might be good to have him on campus first. It might also be good to see how well Ryan's recovered before automatically starting him. That said, I agree that the penciling in of Reed and Reynolds with Lofton looks pretty dang exciting for the D.

you're right...can't ever write off anyone. The prospect of having a ready five star JUCO LB is definetely exciting though. It seems like we reload to have a top 10 linebacking core every year. Mike Reed looks like one bad dude...not a problem child, but a guy that could jack the **** out of someone. JUCO LBs are usually pretty prepared to come in and make an impact, so hopefully the same goes for him.

Widescreen
12/6/2006, 01:22 PM
There's still an adjustment period. Lance Mitchell was a stud in JUCO but struggled a bit for several games.

Desert Sapper
12/6/2006, 01:25 PM
I'm hoping Reed is Torrance Marshall/Lance Mitchell caliber or better. Reynolds looked very good in the Army AA bowl (very, very fast). He should gain a year with the RS this year, which would make him a soph next year. I don't really care what name is on the back of the jersey (or not on the back, as the case may be). I want speed, good decisions, and agressive, attacking defense disrupting plays and causing turnovers. Whoever needs to be in whatever positions on the D to make that happen is alright with me.

We look to be starting off well for next year in that department. Better, in many ways, then we looked to start this year.

starrca23
12/12/2006, 11:12 AM
The defense should be really good next year. Gosh I can't believe football season is almost over!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/12/2006, 12:59 PM
chijioke was the #2 juco ;)

KingDavid
12/12/2006, 09:03 PM

gosh, what an incredible load of water you just poured over our collective fire!

snp
12/13/2006, 02:15 AM

If Baker lines up at MLB then I'm going to get some snaps at QB.

Desert Sapper
12/13/2006, 11:04 AM
If Baker lines up at MLB then I'm going to get some snaps at QB.

I'm not going to pencil anybody in as the Mike Backer yet. Certainly not somebody that's never set foot on campus. Besides, OUr two-deep has Baker at the Willie, Lofton moving over to Mike, and Pleasant at Sam. That might not be so bad, especially if we have some additional LBs with less experience in the rotation (like Reynolds, Reed, and Robinson). Thank God for all of us (and all the guys we dismiss casually) that there is such a thing as Spring Football.

starrca23
12/13/2006, 02:21 PM
talent and depth and good coaching. Anyway you slice that pie it will be good.

JiuJitsuSooner
12/13/2006, 04:11 PM
vero beach, fl i believe

SouthFortySooner
12/17/2006, 03:54 PM
There's still an adjustment period. Lance Mitchell was a stud in JUCO but struggled a bit for several games.

Then led the team in tackles, I believe. :D

snp
12/17/2006, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to pencil anybody in as the Mike Backer yet. Certainly not somebody that's never set foot on campus.

I'm not either, but considering Lewis Baker as the MLB is a joke. The guy can barely bulk up to get some OLB time, and only then vs passing teams and passing downs. Neither of those situations are what the MLB is there for.

southern sooner
1/3/2007, 12:46 PM
when will reed join the team, jaanuary or fall?

RedStripe
1/3/2007, 05:47 PM
I think he starts this month.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:59 PM
anyone hear any new knews on Tabon, will he be in at semester or fall? If we can just get him in school he could be good from what I hear

Collier11
1/4/2007, 06:01 PM
Looks like we are done with Patterson now...

School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date
Iowa State Med Interest Yes None
Kansas Med Interest Yes None
Memphis Med Interest Yes None
Minnesota Med Interest Yes None
Mississippi Med Interest Yes None
Oregon Med Interest Yes None
Temple Med Interest Yes None

Widescreen
1/4/2007, 06:35 PM
I feel really bad about Patterson. I wish he would've gotten his act together. He was REALLY enthusiastic about OU when he first signed out of high school.

Rhino
1/4/2007, 11:37 PM
Again, Tabon is at OU. Apparently, on his own dime.

The coaches aren't allowing him to be distracted with football just yet. The last I heard, they want him to spend a full year in academia before even stepping on the field. If all goes well at the end of the next semester and/or summer, he'll then be given a scholly.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 11:50 PM
sounds good. Im really rooting for Tabon

westcoast_sooner
1/5/2007, 12:40 AM
I looked at some of the video on him. Looks big and fast. I hear he's going to be in Norman in January. Here's a link from his college web-site: http://www.yccd.edu/yuba/athletics/football/player.php?id=60

Question I had was that it looks like he was a lot bigger than the QBs he was hitting. Sometimes would just hit and knock down the player, not really wrap up. Was it just bad video or did anyone else notice that? Other times he does pretty well in pursuit. I'm excited to think we'll have a guy with DB speed at LB.

Collier11
1/30/2007, 11:41 AM
Will Reed have three years to play three? His Scout profile lists him as a soph?

insuranceman_22
1/30/2007, 11:07 PM
2 yrs, played his soph. season in the fall of 06.

sooneron
2/1/2007, 04:55 PM
I feel really bad about Patterson. I wish he would've gotten his act together. He was REALLY enthusiastic about OU when he first signed out of high school.
As things played out, it wasn't all Patterson's fault, he was screwed by some OU peeps and NEO peeps on what was needed to transfer.

bixby28
2/5/2007, 05:23 AM

Chijioke will go down with Anthony Fogle as the two worst cover corners to play at OU.