PDA

View Full Version : http://hirebobstoops.blogspot.com/

Gdog
12/5/2006, 04:12 PM
Funny how the 'Bama boards are on fire about hiring Bob Stoops, but no mention of such nonsense in Oklahoma.......

Have some time to kill.....Google "Stoops + Alabama" and laugh away!

Maybe 'Bama should look for an up and coming assistant if they want to build their program back up like we did. They need to be a little more patient with their coaches.

sooneron
12/5/2006, 04:16 PM
I heard Rich Rodriguez is the next HC there.

Tidefan36854
12/5/2006, 04:16 PM
Funny how the 'Bama boards are on fire about hiring Bob Stoops, but no mention of such nonsense in Oklahoma.......

Have some time to kill.....Google "Stoops + Alabama" and laugh away!

Maybe 'Bama should look for an up and coming assistant if they want to build their program back up like we did. They need to be a little more patient with their coaches.

You have to forgive them. Some of our fanbase have obviously been hanging out with too many Barners or either Arkansas fans - 'cause they're F^@$ING NUTTS!!! ;)

opksooner
12/5/2006, 04:21 PM
This whole rumor thing would be humorous were it not so pathetic.

Well, it's a minor diversion until we get down to the business at hand:

The Billious Blue Boise State Broncos

Blues1
12/5/2006, 04:25 PM
IF Bob Left for bama - everything we believe about the man - Loyality - Honest - Honor - His pride in Sooner tradition - Trust - etc - etc - Would go right down the Toliet,,,,,IMHO....

Also IMHO -- Bama hasn't earned the RIGHT to have a Coach Like Bob Stoops - Yes they had the Bear - We had Bud - But the Sooners paid the Price in the 90's for Coach Stoops -- Let Bama pay the same Price...Show me Loyality for 5 down years Bama then Maybe you can get a Coach Like Bob Stoops....

Dream on Bama - Dream On --- see you at the botton of the SEC....
Blues1
Rockin'

Tidefan36854
12/5/2006, 04:39 PM
IF Bob Left for bama - everything we believe about the man - Loyality - Honest - Honor - His pride in Sooner tradition - Trust - etc - etc - Would go right down the Toliet,,,,,IMHO....

Also IMHO -- Bama hasn't earned the RIGHT to have a Coach Like Bob Stoops - Yes they had the Bear - We had Bud - But the Sooners paid the Price in the 90's for Coach Stoops -- Let Bama pay the same Price...Show me Loyality for 5 down years Bama then Maybe you can get a Coach Like Bob Stoops....

Dream on Bama - Dream On --- see you at the botton of the SEC....
Blues1
Rockin'

Good grief man! We've been paying the price since Gene Stallings left. Dubose, Man-Teets, and Price made the last 10 years the worst decade for Alabama fooball since the 50's. Even though Shula has been the coach for 4 seasons, I can't blame him for our problems. He stepped into a terrible situation, and was very underqualified for the job. I still have tons of respect for him, and wish him best in the future. I don't think Bob Stoops was ever truly considered for the job because of the improbability that he would even think about leaving OU. Leaving OU for ANY other college would be no more than a lateral move. OU is in the top 5 on anybody's list of the most traditionally rich schools in the country. Most Alabama fans realize that, and aren't even thinking about Stoops.

stoopified
12/5/2006, 04:44 PM
Bama better set their sights on Venables or wilson.If Bob had NO intrest in Ohio Stae or Notre Dame(both top jobs that would have put him closer to his hometown AND he was unmoved by a handsome offer made by his mentor's team(Spurrier,Florida) there is no way he would take a step back to rebuild Bama.

mrowl
12/5/2006, 04:45 PM
bamars think that they "deserve" a coup after Fran left them. They believe that they are going to get a top 5 coach, at a top 5 program.

They all have lost their minds.

Guess what bama folks. Firing Shula, and not having a replacement days after has cost you in the recruiting department. And you got rid of a coach that had a 10-2 record one season ago. You have to give a coach a full class to see whats gonna happen.

After this, you won't win the SEC this decade.

Blues1
12/5/2006, 04:53 PM
Good grief man! We've been paying the price since Gene Stallings left. Dubose, Man-Teets, and Price made the last 10 years the worst decade for Alabama fooball since the 50's. Even though Shula has been the coach for 4 seasons, I can't blame him for our problems. He stepped into a terrible situation, and was very underqualified for the job. I still have tons of respect for him, and wish him best in the future. I don't think Bob Stoops was ever truly considered for the job because of the improbability that he would even think about leaving OU. Leaving OU for ANY other college would be no more than a lateral move. OU is in the top 5 on anybody's list of the most traditionally rich schools in the country. Most Alabama fans realize that, and aren't even thinking about Stoops.

Look at this way - Do you think IF Coach Stoops went 6 and 6 in 2007 We would FIRE Him...??? -- We would be disappointed - But the first person on this board that would even suggest we fire Bob Stoops would be "Banned for Life."....We spoiled Sooner fans "No Doubt" - But I think *Some People* in your circles
are not only Spoiled but Nuts --- JMHO...

Keep Rockin'

boomersooner28
12/5/2006, 06:52 PM
Everybody has a dream...lets not spoil Bama's. :P

starrca23
12/5/2006, 07:05 PM
Speaking of spoiled, I think Coach Stoops is. A huge salary, nice bonuses, and a fan base that thinks his poo smells like roses. He deserves it, and that is half of the reason it will be hard to get him away from Norman.

soonerinabilene
12/5/2006, 07:11 PM
checkout tidefans.com. saw a post there yesterday saying that there were grumblings in oklahoma because stoops hadnt beat texas in 2 years, and that he is on the hotseat. also, they coordinated that his plane touched down in nyc right after their a.d. did, and 57 minutes later it took off to come back to norman, and that is just about the kind of time that an interview would take.

and also, everytime this rumor comes up, nick zepp gets a chubby.

BASSooner
12/5/2006, 07:12 PM
Like all of us said about thousands times on other threads, he said no to florida twice, said no to miami, and what makes u think he will go to bama?

Stoops is goin nowhere.

Ash
12/5/2006, 08:26 PM
checkout tidefans.com. saw a post there yesterday saying that there were grumblings in oklahoma because stoops hadnt beat texas in 2 years, and that he is on the hotseat. also, they coordinated that his plane touched down in nyc right after their a.d. did, and 57 minutes later it took off to come back to norman, and that is just about the kind of time that an interview would take.

and also, everytime this rumor comes up, nick zepp gets a chubby.

Sounds like the kind of BS that all too commonly circles the innerweb.

Rumors + nerds = teh succ*infinity

magic33216
12/5/2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah I think it is retarded, why would stoops leave a very talented team with great potential to goto 'Bama?

Oh and why can't I post, I thought it was my post count is too low, but the guy who made this topic has a grand total of 15. :)

OUinFLA
12/5/2006, 08:39 PM
Im a bit confused, why is Bama considered a "lateral" move?

Can OU + BS win the Big XII next year? Yes
Could UA + BS win the SEC next year? Not likely
Can OU possibly win the MNC next year? Yes
Could UA + BS win the MNC next year? Not likely

The same question could be answered the same way for the next 2+ years.

So, what exactly is so "lateral" about moving to UA?
Are they "lateral" cause they have a history? Cause of their size? Cause of their recruiting area? Cause they have fans?

I would think that "lateral" means you are moving to a school that has just as much chance as your current position to excel as well as your current position expects to in the next few years.

But if it doesnt, the new position is probably gonna fire your butt.

I an having a hard time seeing that Bama is a "lateral" move, it seems more like a slight step down to me.

Im sure this will pi$$ off all the Bama folk that used to come around here, and I have always enjoyed their company and respected their football tradition. But the current standing of football between the two schools is just not the same. How shocked would you have been in the decade we just "wern't very good" if a top, "winning", "proven" coach at a school that was on top of it's game, decided to leave that team and come to OU? Heck, we were just happy to get an assistant coach from a team that was doing much better than we were at that time. Thank goodness we took that approach.

We had just as impressive a "history" as UA has had, and there weren't any top tier coaches just banging on our door to come "save" our storied program from the depths it had fallen to.

So, Bama fans, I'm sorry to put this so bluntly, but the view from my Crimson colored glasses just doesn't view your program as highly as you seem to at this point in time.

all the above statements are my own opinion, it can be changed without notice, but usually not without some form of sensible dispute. Smack wont do it. That or a case of olevets "ski lodge" reservation deposit.

mrowl
12/5/2006, 08:41 PM
agree. Miami and ASU are the better jobs. 4? coaches in 5 years sets a program far back.

Ash
12/5/2006, 08:46 PM
'Bama fans should just stop teasing themselves with the Stoops rumors and get to know their soon-to-be new head coach:
Rich Rodriquez

AlabamaSooner
12/5/2006, 11:34 PM
Look at this way - Do you think IF Coach Stoops went 6 and 6 in 2007 We would FIRE Him...??? -- We would be disappointed - But the first person on this board that would even suggest we fire Bob Stoops would be "Banned for Life."....We spoiled Sooner fans "No Doubt" - But I think *Some People* in your circles
are not only Spoiled but Nuts --- JMHO...

Keep Rockin'

No, Coach Stoops wouldn't be fired after going 6-6. That's because it's STOOPS. You can't even put Shula and Stoops in the same league. Stoops has earned a "mulligan" or two because of his great success. Shula is a different story. Shula has his chance, but the main thing is that we knew the program wasn't going in the right direction so a change had to be made. If you watched every Bama game this season, you would know what I'm talking about. Poor poor coaching.

Regarding the Stoops rumors. Don't even pay attention to those. It's ridiculous, but there's always a few in the crowd that think something up crazy like that. By no means does a couple of rumors by fans represent the entire Bama nation so don't think that at all.

Blues1
12/5/2006, 11:54 PM
No, Coach Stoops wouldn't be fired after going 6-6. That's because it's STOOPS. You can't even put Shula and Stoops in the same league. Stoops has earned a "mulligan" or two because of his great success. Shula is a different story. Shula has his chance, but the main thing is that we knew the program wasn't going in the right direction so a change had to be made. If you watched every Bama game this season, you would know what I'm talking about. Poor poor coaching.

Regarding the Stoops rumors. Don't even pay attention to those. It's ridiculous, but there's always a few in the crowd that think something up crazy like that. By no means does a couple of rumors by fans represent the entire Bama nation so don't think that at all.

I think I saw 3 or 4 Bama Games this year...? (Not Sure)
And I do Believe 98% of Bama Fans are not that Nuts thinking Stoops will be their next coach....

I do personally think Shula was in OVER his head - But the man did take you to 10 and 2 last year....But who knows -- maybe with a few new assn't Coaches and you could have had a GREAT Season next year..?? - But right now unless you get a SUPER Human Coach ASAP - I see a few more down years for Bama -- Hope I'm wrong --But the Merry Go Round Coaching stuff can't be good for recuiting or the younger players on your team..JMHO...

Keep Rockin' and Good Luck....

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks...I can give you three reasons Bama went 10-2 and won the Cotton Bowl last year; Joe Kines, Brodie Croyle, and DeMeco Ryans. Shula had little if anything to do with that. This was much like the 1999 SEC Championship team that was coached by Mike Dubose. That team won purely because of Shaun Alexander and Chris Samuels. We've come to find out that even sometimes great players can win when being poorly coached. He would not change anything in his philosophy or staff so that's why he got the boot ultimately. Besides, he was a lame duck coach anyway...one loss into the '07 season and the boo birds would show back up. It's time to stop letting coaches learn on the job at Bama and hire a qualified guy for once to get the program back to where it needs to be.

Sooner_Havok
12/6/2006, 12:04 AM
Well, even Sir Robert Stoops had to do a little on the job training himself.

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 12:07 AM
Well, even Sir Robert Stoops had to do a little on the job training himself.

This is true, but he was a diamond in the rough if there ever was one. Stoops at least worked with a great defense at Florida. Shula was horrible even in the NFL.

Sooner_Havok
12/6/2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah, but there has to be some shot assistant coach somewhere who just needs to be given the chance to show what he can do. Bama has already screwed themselves over for next year, so why not just take your time on this one and find the RIGHT guy for the job, not just the guy available right now.

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, but there has to be some shot assistant coach somewhere who just needs to be given the chance to show what he can do. Bama has already screwed themselves over for next year, so why not just take your time on this one and find the RIGHT guy for the job, not just the guy available right now.

I've always wanted Mike Stoops honestly. Patience-wise though, the fans have none after 10 years of being mediocre. They want to win NOW and compete again.

Blues1
12/6/2006, 12:25 AM
This is true, but he was a diamond in the rough if there ever was one. Stoops at least worked with a great defense at Florida. Shula was horrible even in the NFL.

True I will Give you that....THE BIG QUESTION Is --- then Why Did Bama hire Shula in the First Place...?? --

I think they thought (somebody high up the latter at Bama) said here's a young guy reminds them "Like a Bob Stoops" Lets get him before somebody else does.....Seems to me it's more of a Admistration Problem at Bama than a Coaching Problem -- Somebody "High Up" Doesn't know what they are doing....once again JMHO......

(Hint) --- Go find The toughest - meanest - SOB out there and Hire his A$$ and give him 4 to 5 years to produce --- :)

and keep R'

OklahomaTuba
12/6/2006, 12:27 AM
i think Bama needs a new AD first.

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 12:33 AM
True I will Give you that....THE BIG QUESTION Is --- then Why Did Bama hire Shula in the First Place...?? --

I think they thought (somebody high up the latter at Bama) said here's a young guy reminds them "Like a Bob Stoops" Lets get him before somebody else does.....Seems to me it's more of a Admistration Problem at Bama than a Coaching Problem -- Somebody "High Up" Doesn't know what they are doing....once again JMHO......

(Hint) --- Go find The toughest - meanest - SOB out there and Hire his A$$ and give him 4 to 5 years to produce --- :)

and keep R'

The main reason is because the fan base and university had been so hurt by Fran leaving and then the Mike Price debacle that the administration felt it needed "one of their own" during the rough times. Someone they knew wouldn't jump ship like Fran did. Was he the right man for the job? Heck no, but stability was the most important thing at that time. Even though Shula didn't excel the way everyone wanted him to, he still did a lot for the university during the rough probation times. He just isn't the coach to take us to the next level, however.

Blues1
12/6/2006, 12:40 AM
"He just isn't the coach to take us to the next level, however."

The next BIG Question is --- Who is the Guy who can...?

Look to the west Young Man - "Mike Stoops" --- "June Jones" - maybe Mike Riley - Maybe you are out of Luck .... I really hope the best for Bama....But IMHO get ready for some more 6 and 6 seasons......
Rock on...

AlabamaSooner
12/6/2006, 12:43 AM
"He just isn't the coach to take us to the next level, however."

The next BIG Question is --- Who is the Guy who can...?

Look to the west Young Man - "Mike Stoops" --- "June Jones" - maybe Mike Riley - Maybe you are out of Luck .... I really hope the best for Bama....But IMHO get ready for some more 6 and 6 seasons......
Rock on...

That's always the question...who can do it? A lot of times it's just luck of the draw. At least his search is looking for experienced, proven head coaches so that will increase the odds a bit more than getting an assistant.

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 01:39 AM
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/images/self-confidence.jpg