PDA

View Full Version : My e-mail to the Colonel

The Maestro
12/5/2006, 11:59 AM
[email protected]

Coaches Poll vote

Coach ***************,

I am a proud Sooner fan who was around in 1995 for your one year stint in Norman and can honestly say the march with the team I made before the Colorado game was one of my most fun experiences as an OU fan. At 3-0, I was drinking the Bourbon laced kool aid you were serving up. Needless to say, the season peaked with Jajuan Penny’s touchdown catch that put us up 17-7 and Owen Field had not rocked like that since the days of Barry Switzer. O’Connor’s was selling beers by the bushel at that point.

Well, it went downhill in a heap and you were immediately let go. Things did not turn out like you had hoped and I understand that. But that was 1995. It’s 2006. And the fact you are still bitter enough to throw your credibility out the window with your vote and place the University of Oklahoma at number 18 is reprehensible and speaks to the reasons why a state full of good, honest people like Oklahoma had to send you on your way after just one year. From the practices without water to your handing over OSU at least two wins over OU with the botched recruiting of R.W. McQuarters, you earned your pink slip in every way. The dark days of OU football in the 90’s ironically has you at the zenith in 1995.

I’m sure you have learned from your experience and I’m happy for you that you found your way back into coaching, something you obviously used to be better at and enjoy doing. But get over yourself and your bitterness. It doesn’t bode well for an elderly man with a high consumption of alcohol. What you attempted to do to OU in the polls is unprofessional, shows no class and wreaks of jealousy for the tremendous job Bob Stoops has done resurrecting a proud, great program that you left in need of an overhaul. In fact, he’s done so well, I think “books are being written and movies are being made.”

So do everyone a favor. Get over it and be a man of integrity when you vote.

Best Regards,

The Maestro

Widescreen
12/5/2006, 12:19 PM
I'm certain that he'll think "What a well-reasoned letter. I'm turning over a new leaf. Thanks, Maestro". ;)

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2006, 12:23 PM
I bet he smokes a pipe while moving the email to the garbage folder.

soonersam
12/5/2006, 12:32 PM
(note to self) Dont let Maestro get my email address.

OklahomaTuba
12/5/2006, 12:39 PM
You really think his 90 year old drunk *** is going to read an email???

He probably has some skirt dictating memos for him while smoking his pipe and chugging whiskey.

The Maestro
12/5/2006, 12:42 PM
Hey, just be reasonable, right?

I'm really just hoping he reads about O'Connor's, the Bourbon and the books and movies thing.

devOUt
12/5/2006, 12:42 PM
Dear Maestro,

Your message brought back many foggy memories of charging down the ramparts with my fellow soldiers. I have given a copy of your message to my wife, Beverly. She is the one who fills out my ranking ballot.

Best Regards,

Flagstaffsooner
12/5/2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2981373/

Rippin' the old drunk in the DO.

Flagstaffsooner
12/5/2006, 01:06 PM
Jaaaaack!!!

Flagstaffsooner
12/5/2006, 01:08 PM
Daaaaniels!!!

1stTimeCaller
12/5/2006, 01:13 PM
I'll bet that O'Connell's sold more beer than O'Connors did. ;)

You should have told him that I have lost his Kentucky Drivers License and if would kindly mail me another one. The bartenders and doormen loved it when I handed them your ID when they asked to see mine. Thanks.