PDA

View Full Version : Conference Smack?

achiro
12/5/2006, 11:52 AM
Anyone have any kind of non-conference game results or bowl results or whatever that would slap the SEC homers upside the head? I get so tired of all the damn "SEC is the bestest toughest conference" bs.

starrca23
12/5/2006, 11:53 AM
Just wait til after the bowl season. They will loose games they shouldn't and then you can talk smack for 9 months.

Sooner_Havok
12/5/2006, 12:41 PM
Anyone have any kind of non-conference game results or bowl results or whatever that would slap the SEC homers upside the head? I get so tired of all the damn "SEC is the bestest toughest conference" bs.

They usually win all their out of conference games because they all play the likes of La Tech, Furman, and Eastern Wyoming. Their excuse is that since they play such a hard conference they can play cupcakes before hand....kinda hard to prove your worth as a "power conference" when 99% of their teams refuse to play other BCS teams. Yeah, I don't really get how everyone can just say the SEC is hands down the best, play some real Div-1 teams from time to time and then we can talk.

Yes, before you say it, I know Tennessee played cal and Georgia played Colorado. That is why it is only 99%

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 12:46 PM
Yes, before you say it, I know Tennessee played cal and Georgia played Colorado. That is why it is only 99%

South Carolina v. Clemson
Florida v. Florida State
Georgia v. Georgia Tech
Arkansas v. USC

It's more like 90%... But that is the main difference between the SEC and the rest of the world..... and they play an unusual amount of 1-AA teams.

BIG_IKE
12/5/2006, 03:17 PM
MY most memorable SEC moments of the last decade are...

OU thrashing Bama....twice
Alabama losing to Hawaii
Alabama Losing to Louisiana Tech (who lost to Stephen F. Austin).
Georgia winnng the SEC and losing to West Virginia???
USC vs. Arkansas 2006
Georgia squeaking by Colorado

the list goes on....but yeah we will see after Bowl Season.

AlabamaSooner
12/5/2006, 04:16 PM
MY most memorable SEC moments of the last decade are...

OU thrashing Bama....twice
Alabama losing to Hawaii
Alabama Losing to Louisiana Tech (who lost to Stephen F. Austin).
Georgia winnng the SEC and losing to West Virginia???
USC vs. Arkansas 2006
Georgia squeaking by Colorado

the list goes on....but yeah we will see after Bowl Season.

Not sure I'd call the Bama games thrashings. Those were both classic games.

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 04:23 PM
USC vs. Arkansas 2006

USC v. UArk 2005 > USC v. UArk 2006