PDA

View Full Version : Daily Oklahoman made me laugh

stoopified
12/5/2006, 10:47 AM
the day ater we wbeat Nebraska.I was throwing out Saturdays' Oklahoman and paused to reread the pregame analysis.They broke down various areas and gave the advantage to one side or the other based on staff excpertise.In the matchup between CB Grixby and WR Kelly they gave the clear advatage to Grixby(the best cover corner in the BIG 12).So Kelly goes out and abuses him all game long for 10 catches and 142 yards and 2TDs.The other advantage given to the Huskers was WR Purfy over CB Walker,who of course smothers Purify all night and keys the first OU TD by stripping Purify on THE VERY FIRST PLAY.The only reason I can think of for not laughing til Sunday is apparrently I didn't read the matchups before the game.After the fact they WERE good for a laugh.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/5/2006, 10:55 AM
They should be downgraded to pamphlet.

Landthief 1972
12/5/2006, 10:56 AM
I don't see how anyone could think a 5'9" corner is going to beat a 6'4" WR like Kelly. Ridiculous.

westcoast_sooner
12/5/2006, 10:58 AM
Wonder what the guy who wrote the article had to say after the game?

bluesmagoo
12/5/2006, 11:04 AM
Isn't Grixby rather short compared to Kelly? About a 6 inch difference?

Schoonerbeer
12/5/2006, 11:15 AM
There is no more Daily Oklahoman, it is the Oklahoman. Good post, I noticed the same matchups and wondered how a 5' 9" corner covers a 6' 4" receiver. Turns out he can't.

BOOMER SOONER

badger
12/5/2006, 11:23 AM
well at least you weren't disappointed

crawfish
12/5/2006, 12:04 PM

pamphlet called and wants you to take that back. :mad:

OSUAggie
12/5/2006, 12:07 PM
Grixby is regarded as one of the worst corners in the Big XII, especially by Nebraska fans... Who wrote that?

Widescreen
12/5/2006, 12:17 PM
It's kinda difficult to claim a guy's a great CB when the guy he's covering breaks the B12 CCG record for receptions and yards.

stoopified
12/5/2006, 02:49 PM
All very valid points.Mkes you wonder about the expertise of the Daliy Pamphlet sports staff,excuse me I mean Daily Rag(apologies to Pamphets everywhere).Sad thing is Tulsa World isn't any better and my local paper Ponca City News is a waste of money.I have read better OU articles from the KC Star,Houston Chronicle,and even DMN,for crying out loud.

noobalicious
12/5/2006, 02:52 PM
Grixby is regarded as one of the worst corners in the Big XII, especially by Nebraska fans... Who wrote that?

Mrs. Grixby?

melbitoast
12/5/2006, 07:17 PM
the day ater we wbeat Nebraska.I was throwing out Saturdays' Oklahoman and paused to reread the pregame analysis.They broke down various areas and gave the advantage to one side or the other based on staff excpertise.In the matchup between CB Grixby and WR Kelly they gave the clear advatage to Grixby(the best cover corner in the BIG 12).So Kelly goes out and abuses him all game long for 10 catches and 142 yards and 2TDs.The other advantage given to the Huskers was WR Purfy over CB Walker,who of course smothers Purify all night and keys the first OU TD by stripping Purify on THE VERY FIRST PLAY.The only reason I can think of for not laughing til Sunday is apparrently I didn't read the matchups before the game.After the fact they WERE good for a laugh.

What's even worse is that ESPN said the same thing. They gave a major edge to NU's WRs, QB and DBs. Gave us the major edge in the running game. I wonder what they all had to say afterwards since all of their predictions were 100% inaccurate.

MamaMia
1/16/2007, 10:13 AM
ttt

soonerboy_odanorth
1/16/2007, 10:59 AM
Silly rabbits... The day that was written was "opposites day". Sheesh, my third grader could have told you that.

Vic n Tulsa
1/16/2007, 11:15 AM
What's even worse is that ESPN said the same thing. They gave a major edge to NU's WRs, QB and DBs. Gave us the major edge in the running game. I wonder what they all had to say afterwards since all of their predictions were 100% inaccurate.

Hold on there hotrod...can you go now go back and look at the prognosticators on this board before the Fiesta Bowl? It's why they play the game dude.

OUmillenium
1/16/2007, 01:09 PM

LMFAO!

You really have some great posts! Thanks for being here!

SleestakSooner
1/16/2007, 02:42 PM
pamphlet called and wants you to take that back. :mad:

I heard they hired the Geico Caveman to be their new PR guy.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/faxxanadu/geico-cavemen2.jpg

OKC-SLC
1/16/2007, 09:50 PM
This just in....

Oklahoman giving advantage to Titanic in matchup with iceberg.

Effing retards.

picasso
1/16/2007, 09:59 PM
Hold on there hotrod...can you go now go back and look at the prognosticators on this board before the Fiesta Bowl? It's why they play the game dude.
it wasn't as lopsided as the Nebraska game.

did you have a player dominate any of our guys?

I'd say your line did. that's about it. again congrats, but we beat you 4 outta 5 times.