PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Stocking

afs
12/5/2006, 07:45 AM
Do you wrap the presents inside or keep them unwrapped? Just a brief argument I had with the new wife today.

slickdawg
12/5/2006, 08:00 AM
Let me guess, she said wrap them, you didn't.

Let her wrap them, it's not worth the argument.

Fugue
12/5/2006, 09:27 AM
exactly, of course you don't wrap them but if she says so, you do eet. Choose your battles wisely.

Xstnlsooner
12/5/2006, 09:34 AM
I like women to wear fishnets myself.....

Didn't you say stockings???

Tailwind
12/5/2006, 10:01 AM
Doesn't matter. Not worth a fight.

frankensooner
12/5/2006, 10:26 AM
I let my misses do what she wants when it comes to Christmas.

leavingthezoo
12/5/2006, 10:26 AM
if you have a big christmas, no wrapping.

cheap christmas because you can't afford bread, wrap them. it might be the only presents for the year. wrapped toothbrushes are fun. ;)

orangekaje
12/5/2006, 10:50 AM
There's no wrapping stocking gifts on Christmas!

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/monologues/leagueoftheirown.jpg

afs
12/5/2006, 04:37 PM
exactly, of course you don't wrap them but if she says so, you do eet. Choose your battles wisely.

oh you can bet that the stockings are getting wrapped this year. too many other things going on to make this an issue right now. but next year, different story.

BTW, thanks to the SO for supporting my side.

SicEmBaylor
12/5/2006, 04:38 PM
I've never heard of wrapped stocking gifts. For one, I think it would decrease the available space for additional presents.

OUDoc
12/5/2006, 08:47 PM
Wise words.

My theory is that my wife will get pizzed at me for something. If I anger her on purpose, at least I know what that something is.

VeeJay
12/5/2006, 09:02 PM
Do not, repeat...Do NOT argue with the wife unit over any issue as it relates to the hallowed holiday.

It is her element she is within. They are born with a sixth sense about how it should be and you are there for service. That's all your role is. Do not speak unless spoken to.

Three nights ago in the garage I edged down four giant, bulging plastic tubs of Christmas finery, knick knacks, bric-a-brac, notions and enough festive garland, decor and what not, to decorate the entire parade route at Macy's. I suffered two hernias, a broken pelvis, bloodied nose, lacerations on my arms and legs, and CATSCAN-revealing mild brain swelling after one of the tubs, high over my head, shifted its load and crashed down violently on my skull.

And, I am happy to say, our house looks lovely this time of year.

SoonerTitan
12/5/2006, 10:32 PM
We don't wrap but it's up to the individual I guess. Definitely not worth a fight with the wife and we all know what happens that night when we go to bed after a fight....nothing.:(

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2006, 12:37 AM
Do you all do Santa gifts on Christmas Day and open family gifts on the Eve?

That's the way it always worked at my house. We'd open our regular presents on Christmas Eve and then Christmas morning would be the "Santa gifts." This always sucked; because, it was tradition to pack up and drive to my grandparents house in Antlers/Durant on Christmas and being forced to leave behind all of the presents I just got for 2-3 days.

Mongo
12/6/2006, 12:41 AM
Everything should be done on Christmas day, but i am glad the hillbilly inlaws do it the wrong way. This allows argument free decisions on which family to spend Christmas with.

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2006, 12:54 AM
My stocking stuffers were also usually accessory type stuff for the gifts I got the previous night...like batteries and that kind of thing. Now though there are usually cigars in my stuffing. There's nothing like waking up on Christmas Day and finding a giant sock full of Montecristos.

bigdsooner
12/6/2006, 01:02 AM
we (my wife) stuff the Christmas stockins. i dont ask why, i just let her do her thing

TheHumanAlphabet
12/6/2006, 10:46 AM
My stocking gifts were always wrapped, made the anticipation that much more...plus more gifts to unwrap...

Petro-Sooner
12/6/2006, 11:20 AM
Do you wrap the presents inside or keep them unwrapped? Just a brief argument I had with the new wife today.

You got married???? Congrats!