PDA

View Full Version : Idaho is a nice place.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/4/2006, 11:51 PM
And Boise, too. Were I to go back in time 15 years or so, I would certainly consider living up there. Huge percentage of the state is national forest. Here are some factoids:
-------------------------------------------------
Idaho's Quality of Life:
Idaho has the lowest serious crime rate of the 13 western states. (Federal Bureau of Investigation - 2005)

Idaho ranks sixth nationally in overall quality of life. (Corporation for Enterprise Development, 2006)

Modern Maturity magazine lists Coeur d’Alene fifth and Boise 10th in its list of the most “Green and Clean” cities in America (Modern Maturity, 6/2000)

Idaho’s low prevalence of smoking, low incidence of infectious disease and low violent crime rate rank it the nation’s 16th healthiest state. (America’s Health: State Health Rankings, 2005)

BabyFit.com rates Boise the sixth healthiest city in the country for pregnancy. (BabyFit.com)
What They're Saying About Idaho:
ipIQ, Intellectual Property Intelligence Quotient, an independent technology analysis firm, recently ranked Micron Technology number one in the semiconductor industry in its 2006 Patent Scorecard. (ipIQ, 7/2006)

Boise: Eighth in Money’s Best Places to Live. (Money, 8/2006)

Boise: Eighth on the Wall Street Journal’s “Top 20 Most Inventive Towns.” (Wall Street Journal, 7/2006)

Why I Went to Boise: Getting Out of Town on a Saturday Night. (National Geographic Traveler, 2006)

Inc. magazine’s 2006 list of top 10 Boomtowns “Best Cities for Doing Business” ranked Coeur d’Alene fifth and Idaho Falls 10th. Boise ranked second in 2005. (Inc., May, 2006)

Boise Metro: Best for business and careers in 2005 and fourth best in 2006. Boise has claimed a spot in the top 10 for seven of the last eight years. (Forbes Magazine)

Idaho Falls: #10 on USA Today’s Top 10 “Emerging Cities List.” (USA Today, 2004)

Coeur d’Alene: #5 on USA Today’s Top 10 “Emerging Cities List.” (USA Today, 2004)

Boise Metro: #1 in Innovation and #30 overall in the Creativity Index. (CreativeClass.org, 2003)

“Tamarack Ski Resort: One of America’s Hottest Destinations in 2004” – (Washington Post, 2004)

Boise is the fourth best walking city in the U.S. (Prevention Magazine)

“Teton Ridge Ranch: Top Ten Great Escape Travel List.” (Chicago Tribune, 2004)

Sun Valley: Skiing North America's Top Ten Travel List.” (Chicago Tribune, 2004)

Sun Valley, Idaho: The most romantic ski / snowboard resort in the West (skisnowboard.com, 2004)

10 Great places to see Lewis and Clark sites: Lemhi Pass and Lolo Pass and Lochsa River (USA Today, 2004)
--------------------

All of this should give them some significant consolation on 1/2/07.

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 11:56 PM
I'm transferring. Do they have a law school?

Paperclip
12/4/2006, 11:58 PM
Idaho is a nice place.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/events/nycomedy/nycf_m4_triumph.jpg

For me to poop on!

soonerhubs
12/5/2006, 12:34 AM
A great state. I personally am a fan of the Snake River Valley area with Twin Falls, Shoshone Falls, Hagerman Valley, and the Malad Gorge. It's just amazing seeing water shoot out of a cliff.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/5/2006, 12:45 AM
hubler -

Glad to know you were back in the homeland for turkey day. I didn't get east of Broken Arrow.

critical_phil
12/5/2006, 12:49 AM
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Douglas Adams

badger
12/5/2006, 12:58 AM
It was great for the Sooners back in 2002. It was there that we beat Colorado by nearly scoring 100 points on our way to Final Fourdom.

Lest we forget--- Coale's program's first major "so there" to people who wanted it extinguished way back when.

KStatePike
12/5/2006, 01:06 AM
Anybody been up to Coer D'Lane (sp)? That is the most beautiful country I've ever seen. Then again, I've lived in Kansas my whole life. It doesn't take a whole lot to impress me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/5/2006, 01:26 AM
That Idaho panhandle area is truly beautiful. Some of the best fishing in the country, too. However, they have a long winter season. They will be delighted to come to the Fiesta Bowl.

SicEmBaylor
12/5/2006, 01:28 AM
There are almost no Democrats up there either. Whenever they start to multiply the state legislature just calls for an open season with no bag limit.

12/5/2006, 01:44 AM
There are almost no Democrats up there either. Whenever they start to multiply the state legislature just calls for an open season with no bag limit.Wait a minute there, bear, this is the Sooner Football forum.

Ike
12/5/2006, 01:58 AM
The only place in Idaho I care for is Lewiston. but only in may.

then again, I haven't really been anywhere else in Idaho either.

SicEmBaylor
12/5/2006, 02:03 AM
Wait a minute there, bear, this is the Sooner Football forum.

Which is why this entire thread should have been on the SO anyway considering there has been absolutely no mention of football to this point. But, I'm not the one who started the thread.

olevetonahill
12/5/2006, 02:06 AM
I had a Belt buckle tha said (had on it ) Idaho is what america Was
That is one of the most beautiful states Ive ever been in
went bear hunting there 2 yrs in a row 81-82 got my bear went back for a 2 week fish camp .
All in the Selway- Bitterroot wilderness area . Great times :D ;)
I used to say that if I ever left Oklahoma . Id go to Georgia
But hell Idaho has it all from my point of view except being Oklahoma :cool:

12/5/2006, 02:07 AM
Which is why this entire thread should have been on the SO anyway considering there has been absolutely no mention of football to this point. But, I'm not the one who started the thread.Broncho Football

olevetonahill
12/5/2006, 02:07 AM
Which is why this entire thread should have been on the SO anyway considering there has been absolutely no mention of football to this point. But, I'm not the one who started the thread.
Ok sicem
just for you :D
Idaho dont have OU Football . hows that ?;)

sooner518
12/5/2006, 02:11 AM
Boise is a cool town for sure. All the people Ive come into contact from there are a little odd though. But that might just be coincidence.

Sun Valley was not as cool as I expected.

olevetonahill
12/5/2006, 02:34 AM
Boise is a cool town for sure. All the people Ive come into contact from there are a little odd though. But that might just be coincidence.

Sun Valley was not as cool as I expected.

I bet they had funny accents didnt they

BigRedJed
12/5/2006, 03:12 AM
I loves me some Tetons.

BigRedJed
12/5/2006, 03:14 AM
Mmm... ...Tetons...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/Barns_grand_tetons.jpg/800px-Barns_grand_tetons.jpg

Harry Beanbag
12/5/2006, 06:55 AM
I was stationed in Idaho Falls for six months, just so happened to be from September to March. Holy **** it's cold up there.

william_brasky
12/5/2006, 07:07 AM
For your Indie Rocker types, Built to Spill hails from Boise.

That's pretty cool.

Paperclip
12/5/2006, 09:37 AM
The only place in Idaho I care for is Lewiston. but only in may.

You suck. :mad: