PDA

View Full Version : PGA Qualifying School - Former OU golfer earns PGA card

lexsooner
12/4/2006, 09:44 PM
Anthony Kim, former OU golfer, earned his PGA tour card, finishing in a tie for 13th in the final tournament of q school. The top 30 got their PGA cards, the next 50 earned their Nationwide tour cards, and the rest of the final tourney golfers got conditional Nationwide cards. Way to go!

I am still blown away by how much prize money is given out at PGA events. PGA golfers have to finish in the top 125 in prize money at the end of the year, I believe, to play the following year on the PGA tour. Out of curiousity, I looked to see how much the 125th ranked PGA golfer in money won in 2006 -get this - over $600,000 in prize money alone, not including endorsement money and other perks. I heard once q school is over, the young names like Kim get signed for smaller deals with golf marketers gambling these young guys will be big stars in the future. The 100th guy in money in 2006 won over $900,000 in prize money. Kim left OU early, so he is probably only 21 or 22, but is well on his way to being a rich young man.

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 09:57 PM
125 guys isn't very many in the scheme of things.

Getting a shot is awesome. I wish him the best.

I wish my Dad had glued clubs in my hands early on.

We're getting a set for my 8 year old daughter for Christmas.

We'll see how it goes from there.

I've taken her a few times to the range and they let her borrow a bag of clubs her size. She won't let me go alone whn I tell her I'm going now.

WTG Kim ! ! !