PDA

View Full Version : Consensus on AD's return for bowl game???

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 06:55 PM
What do you guys think? Will he play or won't he?

I can't think of any reason why he would or should for that matter. What say you?

bluedogok
12/4/2006, 06:57 PM
I was back playing softball 4 weeks after a collarbone break at 37, although I played rather gingerly with it. I would think that a kid at his age and condition could make it back after a 10 week layoff. It should be pretty well healed after that much time.

sooner518
12/4/2006, 06:58 PM
i think he will. because hes competitive and wants to beat some Bronco butt

picasso
12/4/2006, 06:58 PM
What do you guys think? Will he play or won't he?

I can't think of any reason why he would or should for that matter. What say you?
and you're a Sooner fan?

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 07:00 PM
I was back playing softball 4 weeks after a collarbone break at 37, although I played rather gingerly with it. I would think that a kid at his age and condition could make it back after a 10 week layoff. It should be pretty well healed after that much time.

I guess what I'm asking is will he? Not necesarily "can he".

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 07:01 PM
and you're a Sooner fan?

Born and bred straight from the womb.

I'm just an 'objective' one as rare as that is.........

Stitch Face
12/4/2006, 07:02 PM
Chances are good that he will.

Especially since he said on TV last night that he will be playing.

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 07:02 PM
i think he will. because hes competitive and wants to beat some Bronco butt

He has an agent already though right? Any agent worth his salary would tell him not to play. That's my concern.

Widescreen
12/4/2006, 07:04 PM
Um, if he has an agent, he's no longer eligible for college sports. He doesn't have an agent.

olevetonahill
12/4/2006, 07:05 PM
AD will suit up
But Ive felt for awhile now that we have seen his last play as a Sooner :(
Good luck in the future AD

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 07:06 PM
Um, if he has an agent, he's no longer eligible for college sports. He doesn't have an agent.

My bad. I thought I heard somewhere that he'd signed with an agent but it's true he wouldn't be eligible so that can't be the case.

DrZaius
12/4/2006, 07:09 PM
according to my sources he is a go for the game. My sources also told me that he intends on running sideways the entire game to protect his collar bone. My sources have also said that he has denied any interest in the coaching job at Alabama. The same sources have also verified that he has accepted the coaching job at UAB. He intends to play in the NFL and coach UAB on the weekends.

hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha.............. .......VIVA LA BAMA

picasso
12/4/2006, 07:10 PM
I'm just an 'objective' one as rare as that is.........

mmmm k.

I have a good reason why he should. so he can play one more game for OU.

hows that?

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 07:14 PM
mmmm k.

I have a good reason why he should. so he can play one more game for OU.

hows that?

Well I'd like to think it's that simple and rosey, but given the state of today's college football landscape and players playing college ball to make it to the riches of NFL, first and foremost, I'd have to say it's possibly wishful thinking. But I hope your consensus is the correct one for sure.

Stitch Face
12/4/2006, 07:15 PM

mightysooner
12/4/2006, 07:17 PM

Didn't see that. Awesome! I'd like to see how Boise State handles that freight train comin' straight at 'em.

Widescreen
12/4/2006, 07:23 PM
The guy is too competitive not to play. Plus he wants the record. Personally, if I was his advisor (and I am sure that call will be coming any day now) I wouldn't recommend it.

OU-HSV
12/4/2006, 09:53 PM
...Especially since he said on TV last night that he will be playing.
I missed this, was this during the game? Cause I was at the game and haven't watched my DVR of it yet.

Stitch Face
12/4/2006, 10:30 PM
I missed this, was this during the game? Cause I was at the game and haven't watched my DVR of it yet.

It was some "exclusive interview" on one of the news stations last night. The wife watched it.

KingDavid
12/5/2006, 12:25 AM
I would bet both testicles . . . and hell, I'll throw down my penis, too . . . that AD will be rocking the Fiesta Bowl.

Any one care to bet. Get out your genitals!

shavedmarmoset
12/5/2006, 12:29 AM
Well I'd like to think it's that simple and rosey, but given the state of today's college football landscape and players playing college ball to make it to the riches of NFL, first and foremost, I'd have to say it's possibly wishful thinking. But I hope your consensus is the correct one for sure.

Maybe you've forgotten why AD came here in the first place. To WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. That includes bowl championships. He's also probably the most competitive guy on the team. Can it be made any clearer that he wants to play?