PDA

View Full Version : need clarification on corn blocked FG. lateral or fumble by D.Granger?

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 04:30 PM
looks like to me it was a heads-up lateral by D.granger (I think it was granger), and not just a lucky bounce-non-pickup-fumble. they were damn sure lucky on the DOG penalty. that would've brought the house down, and the corn fans streaming to the exits.

Fugue
12/4/2006, 04:32 PM
D. Granger is becoming unstoppable.

Miko
12/4/2006, 04:33 PM
I slo-moed that on the dvr and decided that it was not a lateral. (inconclusive evidence???) but it also looked to have been a forward lateral if it was a lateral.

Paperclip
12/4/2006, 04:39 PM
Is it arguable that the block was helped in part to the play being blown dead? Nebraska's line would have had a view of the official behind the play throwing the flag and waving the play dead.

sooner518
12/4/2006, 04:41 PM
sure looked like a forward pass to me, but they never showed a replay

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2006, 04:43 PM
did he look like he was down before he tossed it..err fumbled it

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2006, 04:44 PM
sure looked like a forward pass to me, but they never showed a replay

On DVR it doesn't look like he had control of it.

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 05:16 PM
I slo-moed that on the dvr and decided that it was not a lateral. (inconclusive evidence???) :D it looked like one of those "hot potato quick-thinking deals to me. somebody get ahold of 70/30 and have him get the scoop. I've got 20 bucks riding on this. I can just hear bob in a low lou brown voice. great play DMG, don't ever f(*&^% do it again.http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1549/muttjeffkellygrixbyyn7.jpg

GottaHavePride
12/4/2006, 06:07 PM
On DVR it doesn't look like he had control of it.

Bingo. They didn't call the play down because he never really had possession, though he did manage to pop it up in the air to keep it going.

Then the bastage refs realized it was delay of game. I wasn't ****ed so much that the DoG call took away the touchdown as I was ****ed that they didn't stop the play until our guys had run all the way down the damn field, leaving them tired for the second try at the down.

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2006, 06:27 PM
Bingo. They didn't call the play down because he never really had possession, though he did manage to pop it up in the air to keep it going.

Then the bastage refs realized it was delay of game. I wasn't ****ed so much that the DoG call took away the touchdown as I was ****ed that they didn't stop the play until our guys had run all the way down the damn field, leaving them tired for the second try at the down.

GHP-

The back judge threw the flag and was waving the play off the entire time. You can see him on the replay.

Trust me, officials don't miss delay of game very often.

Paperclip
12/4/2006, 10:16 PM
GHP-

The back judge threw the flag and was waving the play off the entire time. You can see him on the replay.

Trust me, officials don't miss delay of game very often.

And I think that lead to the kick being blocked. If there was no penalty I don't think Granger busts through and blocks that kick.

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2006, 10:22 PM
Curse you posters with your new fangled logic and stuff.