PDA

View Full Version : **Breaking News: Coaching Hires and Fires

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 02:14 PM
http://arizonastate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=606251

Lots of movement going on now.
One new development, Watson Brown out as UAB Coach. Moved to AD spot, and word down here in Texas is that Greg Davis is a HC target.

In other news....Several teams are interested in BLAKE....as HEad coach!!!

Flagstaffsooner
12/4/2006, 02:20 PM
Greg Davis and Blake! Giggle giggle.

SoCal
12/4/2006, 02:40 PM
Schiano tells Miami he's not leaving Rutgers and at Stanford coach Harris got fired sfter a 1-11 season.

Paperclip
12/4/2006, 02:41 PM
Don't we play UNT next season? I can't wait to see the weekly opposing coach thread if that happens.

OSUHeifer
12/4/2006, 02:59 PM
I'd rather have Boo than Gelhead.

OklahomaTuba
12/4/2006, 03:02 PM
Stoops to Stanford.

Mark it down folks. My sources say its a done deal.

OSUHeifer
12/4/2006, 03:03 PM
Which Stoops?

RRWSooner
12/4/2006, 03:05 PM
http://arizonastate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=606251

Lots of movement going on now.
One new development, Watson Brown out as UAB Coach. Moved to AD spot, and word down here in Texas is that Greg Davis is a HC target.

In other news....Several teams are interested in BLAKE....as HEad coach!!!

Lets hope Greg Davis DOES NOT leave ut. They might actually get somebody GOOD to replace him, then we might be in trouble...

OklahomaTuba
12/4/2006, 03:05 PM
Which Stoops?

All of em.

Even the mom's getting a piece of the action on this one.

85Sooner
12/4/2006, 03:13 PM
Lets hope Greg Davis DOES NOT leave ut. They might actually get somebody GOOD to replace him, then we might be in trouble...

Greg Davis is a grandfather and has close ties to Austin and Mack
He is older and has already been a head coach and from what I've heard doesn't want the headaches

OUinFLA
12/4/2006, 03:22 PM
There are some Tide fans who think they have it all figured out.

Stoops link (http://www.hirebobstoops.blogspot.com/)

Although I cant imagine spending that much effort to form a theory, when you could be wasting time on a sports forum having fun.
:D

Blues1
12/4/2006, 03:45 PM
IF i was Bama -

The coach I would go for is.....Mike Riley of Oregon State.....

did you see them play hawaii,,,?? - they beat usc and will destroy Mizzou in their bowl - pro $ college experience......Young - experience - and knows how to recuit,,,,,Plus won't cost them a arm and Leg......

JMHO.......

R'

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 03:47 PM
I'd rather have Boo than Gelhead.

Liar.

nanimonai
12/4/2006, 03:58 PM

Although I cant imagine spending that much effort to form a theory, when you could be wasting time on a sports forum having fun.

All I got from the article was that Stoops shot JFK.

ouradu
12/4/2006, 04:10 PM
I'd be going after Leach if I had a coaching vacancy. I had heard the miami rumors, anymore word onthis? Bama interested in Leach at all?

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 04:13 PM
Bama interested in Leach at all?

They could replace the elephant (:confused:) with a pirate.

OUstud
12/4/2006, 04:36 PM
I hope Blake goes to UNT...hopefully he hires Dick Winder as OC so we can see the good ol' fast track offense when they come to Norman.

frankensooner
12/4/2006, 05:03 PM
I wonder if boo kept his eleven man twister pad?

BamaSon25
12/4/2006, 05:14 PM

Man, I promise you guys..if you were all freakin' out about recruiting like the rest of the Bama nation is, you would probably be throwing any and everyone's name in the hat. I tend to think Bama's focus is on Richrod right now with Paul Johnson as a follow up. I personally think Paul Johnson is a better fit for us, but he doesn't have the big name splash that Richrod has.
BTW...If Stoops did want to come....WE SHOULD PAY HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS. :D

Anyway, good day to you all.

Boomer Sooner and Roll Tide

BamaSon25

Miko
12/4/2006, 05:20 PM
Have you guys thought of getting Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson and Steve Young on staff and sticking corso in the elephant suit???

humblesooner
12/4/2006, 05:28 PM
I hope Blake goes to UNT...hopefully he hires Dick Winder as OC so we can see the good ol' fast track offense when they come to Norman.

They better hurry and make the announcement if they expect him to have the time to recruit enough quarterbacks to be able to start a new one every game.

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 05:29 PM
IF i was Bama -

The coach I would go for is.....Mike Riley of Oregon State.....
I think they're ****ed at riley because he turned them down before they offed the job to shula. screw that. they need a coach, make him an offer he can't refuse. wasn't he an AA for bama?

humblesooner
On a serious note, I'll bet we could send about a 30 minute video to them that would cause them to change their mind real fast.

OSUAggie
Have you guys thought of getting Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson and Steve Young on staff and sticking corso in the elephant suit???

Briscoe = 'Bama :confused:

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 05:38 PM
I think Boo can hire Joe D. as he is currently unemployed again.

Rogue
12/4/2006, 05:59 PM
Rodriguez should be the front-runner at 'Bama right now.
If, for no other reason than I've been predicting it.

critical_phil
12/4/2006, 06:08 PM
He (Stoops) is making good coin at OU, but not as good as he could on the open market. There are some guys (Spurrier) who would not be as driven by that knowledge. I think Stoops IS one of those guys.”

there you have it folks. bob stoops: money-hungry minivan driver.

GottaHavePride
12/4/2006, 06:17 PM
I'd be going after Leach if I had a coaching vacancy. I had heard the miami rumors, anymore word onthis? Bama interested in Leach at all?

Holy crap, can you imagine the havoc Leach could cause with the talent he could attract to Miami? They actually WOULD be pirates.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 06:23 PM

Dick Winder is a very good OC. Blake just wouldn't let him call the plays. His last game as OC was vs. TT and he didn't wear his headsets and he signaled in every play. We won.

umberto
12/4/2006, 06:33 PM

That guy needs to lay off the drugs.... :rolleyes: He answered his question when he said it's a lateral move.