PDA

View Full Version : My toe warmers didn't work...

44BluesExplosion
12/4/2006, 12:35 PM
I tried everything from taking them out of my boots and shaking them to jumping up and down... They just didn't work. Damn toe warmers.

The game was great. Both Oklahoma and Nebraska players came in really understanding the tradition. I loved seeing each side help each other up after plays and patting each other on the helmet. It was also pretty neat to see both sides of fans clap for each team as they left the field. Say what you want about the coaches involved, but this is a classy rivalry and something both NU and OU should be really proud of.

The Game. The Oklahoma defense was really physical and I think we have the injuries to prove it. These guys are getting really good. The speed on the field is second to no one in the country and Brent V. did his best job of the year scheming... Lot's of blitz packages with little wrinkles I had never seen before. And I was really happy to see Nick Harris catch on to all the little subtleties of being a run AND pass safety.

Still, I was most impressed with Paul Thompson. It's not that I think he is a top tier QB or even a great prospect to be one... He is not. I was most impressed with him mentally and his ability to "get it done" with the tools he has... And even though he made his first catostrophic decision error of the year (the interception), I was amazed at how he was able to forget it and get back on his horse. That 99 yard drive happened because of his poise and Kelly's great hands. I would have loved to be in the huddle for that drive... Rumor has it Paul and Kelly were really chatting it up.

And the coaches? They've done a great job this year. I'm really in awe of their luck (only comes if your good) and their ability to adjust. They made their salary this year fellas... And I'm betting their toe warmers were working just fine on Saturday night.

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 12:43 PM
Maybe some have mentioned this already...

That 99 yard drive didn't start out so great.

3rd and 10 - Gresham made the play that began that drive.

He should get credit for pure inspiration from there to the EZ IMO.

Paul and the Offense put it in another gear after that catch IMO.

Great Drive.

mxATVracer10
12/4/2006, 01:49 PM
I tried everything from taking them out of my boots and shaking them to jumping up and down... They just didn't work. Damn toe warmers.

Same here :mad: The hand warmers were working good though...:confused:

starrca23
12/4/2006, 01:51 PM
Dude count me in on the toe warmer thing. When we got back to the car and I took them out they started to heat up.

tator
12/4/2006, 02:03 PM
toe warmers suck. someone start a class action for us.

SoonerJack
12/4/2006, 04:51 PM
Those warmer things need air in order to work properly. The key is to pair them with flip-flops and then you're good to go. YWIA

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 05:07 PM
1. What brand did you have? Mine weren't hot, but they did keep me from being uncomfortable.

2. SoonerJack- I know my brand actually had in the instructions that, once they were exposed to air, to put them in a glove, pocket, shoe, etc. They don't call for airflow...and they would be pointless if you needed to let in 15 degree air to make them work, right?

proudsoonergal
12/4/2006, 05:27 PM
My foot warmers didn't work either - my feet felt like blocks of ice at halftime. I had two in each shoe (one on top of my feet and one underneath). Running around certainly helped generate feeling back to that area.

The hand warmers and other warmers worked great.

snp
12/4/2006, 05:34 PM
The game was great. Both Oklahoma and Nebraska players came in really understanding the tradition. I loved seeing each side help each other up after plays and patting each other on the helmet. It was also pretty neat to see both sides of fans clap for each team as they left the field. Say what you want about the coaches involved, but this is a classy rivalry and something both NU and OU should be really proud of.

Did you not see the melee almost break out? Not exactly classy by either teams.

And I don't know what you're talking about, both sides were booed heavily once they ran onto the field.

kc sooner
12/4/2006, 05:47 PM
My toe warmers didn't work either, that was the only part of my body that got really cold.