PDA

View Full Version : Some irrelevant blogger ain't very smart

freshchris05
12/4/2006, 12:34 PM
what an idiot... anybody else see this?? its one thing to comment on athletes but to bring race into it ridiculous....

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/ChristopherRoss/2006/12/03/Black_QBs_are_Dumb

freshchris05
12/4/2006, 12:38 PM
"So while the apoligists and race card pullers start crying to FOX, they might want to consider their complaint more carefully. Because I never thought Dan Marino was all that bright. Sure he was fine in the regular season but when crunch time came, and one needs that intellectual 2nd gear, Marino was just grinding. Jim Kelly, was another perfect example of a guy who had one brain speed, and couldn't shift up come January. Hell, I'm not even sure Peyton Manning is all that bright, considering his ability to perform when the snow falls. And don't get me started on Jake Plummer, because Plummer is an absolute moron.

So why pick on Vick? Now that I'm willing to call white QB's stupid, too. That must be the proof that I'm a racist. I just hate on him because he's black. Oh but wait, I hate on Peyton Manning, too. Maybe Peyton used to be black but converted, right? "

He's right because none of the article was racist and he didnt make a generalization on race...

what a f*cktard

is he serious?

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he's sufferring from some sort of brain injury that allows him to type.

opksooner
12/4/2006, 12:40 PM
You have mis-read the words. That's not what he said.

He explained himself rather well.

He doesn't like Michael Vick because he is dumb. He doesn't like dumb quarterbacks, whatever their color.

freshchris05
12/4/2006, 12:44 PM
You have mis-read the words. That's not what he said.

He explained himself rather well.

He doesn't like Michael Vick because he is dumb. He doesn't like dumb quarterbacks, whatever their color.

You can't blame Vick, though. Like black QB's before him, (Kordell Stewart and Randall Cunningham come to mind), he's a guy with incredible arms and legs but a below average cranium. Cunningham was "the Ultimate weapon", Kordell was "Slash" and Vick is known as "the most exciting player in the game". If losing excites you, that is. Black QB's all seem to have that in common, their brains may be slow but their legs sure are fast. Even the best of black QB's turn to their legs when things get complicated. It's why Kurt Warner won a SB and Steve McNair didn't. Maybe if te Titans had McNair where he belonged, at halfback, things would have been different for the Flaming Thumbtacks.

your right thats not what he said...

he makes a point about race card pullers which is fair because there are alot of them but he contradicts himself by making all the racial remarks... maybe sarcasm? i dunno but i just found the article terrible and tasteless... sometimes you go too far to make a point or create a buzz...

soonerloyal
12/4/2006, 12:50 PM
Another case of just reading something that sucks your IQ score down by proxy...

Talk about vying for attention. Guess he's getting it, though.

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 12:55 PM
Maybe if the Titans had McNair where he belonged, at halfback, things would have been different for the Flaming Thumbtacks.

Nice TMQ ripoff, ******.

OK2LA
12/4/2006, 01:11 PM
RACISTS!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/4/2006, 01:17 PM
fresh chris consider yourself warned. you ever title a thread with something that stupid again, your gone.

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 01:19 PM
Heh... It's always good to use "got beaten" in your blog when calling others dumb.

soonersam
12/4/2006, 01:22 PM
Q.. What do you call a black guy throwing a football ???
A.. A QuarterBack you freaking racist

FaninAma
12/4/2006, 01:40 PM
I think the guy does make a generaliation based on race which will always get you in hot water.

I think that the issue of black quaterbacked teams winning only one Super Bowl is not a reflection on the intelligence of black QBs but rather a testament to the fact that until recently black QBs haven't had the opportunity to run pro-style passing attacks in their high school and college careers. I think that the athleticism of black QBs actually impedes their development as classic drop back passers because their high school, college and even pro coaches want to utilize their athleticism at the position instead of encouraging them to develop their passing skills.

Right now at the D-1 level there is a lot of emphasis on "dual threat" Qbs like VY. This style does not translate well into the NFL because of the increased size and speed of the defenses which increases the chances of a dual threat QB being injured if he uses his running skills a lot.

I think we'll see that pattern change in the near future as black QBs are encourged to develop their passing skills over their running, dual threat abilities.

But yeah, the guy made some racist comments.

TripleOption14
12/4/2006, 01:47 PM
Q.. What do you call a black guy throwing a football ???
A.. A QuarterBack you freaking racist

EXACTLY!! This person is a tard simply because he/she bring race into a situation where race has NOTHING to do with it. He/she basically is stating they don't like QB's who make bad decisions right...? Just leave it at that. What race they are is irrelevant. I can think of someone in our own backyard who was the biggest TARD i've seen in a while. His race had nothing to do with him taking HUGE amounts of cash for nothing.

OU James
12/4/2006, 01:48 PM
irrelevant blogger, isn't that redundant?

soonersam
12/4/2006, 02:11 PM
Whats a blogg and can I get a blogger ringtone?

GrapevineSooner
12/4/2006, 02:21 PM
I've got a blog.

Doesn't everybody have a blog?

CORNholio
12/4/2006, 04:05 PM
Shouldn't you at least try to be smart yourself if you plan on calling everyone else stupid.........That guy can't even form a consistant argument.

AimForCenterMass
12/4/2006, 04:17 PM
People, quit making a mountain out of a mole. I hate it when everyone tries to be politically correct and freaks out when another person says something "racist".

Everyone stereotypes and everyone is a little racist. Jeez, watch a black comedian and see if every joke doesn't start with, "You see white people do.....but then black people do it like.....".

Okay, now that I made that comment, brand me with names. I think beating people and hanging them from trees in WRONG!!!!!! This is the type of racism I am against; but the guy was just voicing his opinion. There is nothing wrong with stereotyping; it is human nature.

The PC police are actually doing more damage than they're preventing.

C&CDean
12/4/2006, 04:23 PM
People, quit making a mountain out of a mole. I hate it when everyone tries to be politically correct and freaks out when another person says something "racist".

Everyone stereotypes and everyone is a little racist. Jeez, watch a black comedian and see if every joke doesn't start with, "You see white people do.....but then black people do it like.....".

Okay, now that I made that comment, brand me with names. I think beating people and hanging them from trees in WRONG!!!!!! This is the type of racism I am against; but the guy was just voicing his opinion. There is nothing wrong with stereotyping; it is human nature.

You know, we've got a place called the South Oval on this bbs for these types of posts.

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2006, 04:49 PM
Sheer idiocy.

Yeah, that Warren Moon sure relied on his legs all the time. So did Doug Williams.

That John Elway? He never took off running. Neither did Steve Young. Or Kenny Stabler.

sooner KB
12/4/2006, 05:01 PM

So you find a comedian using race and a sports writer saying blacks aren't as intelligent as whites comparable? Yes, the guy was voicing his opinion, but YES, there is something wrong with stereotyping, especially when it is something to the effect of "white people are smarter than blacks."

This isn't "just a guy's opinion," it is utter ignorance.

Scott D
12/4/2006, 07:04 PM
I'd like to see this guy and Michael Irvin discuss Tony Romo.

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 07:26 PM
Yes, the guy was voicing his opinion

Actually, I think he was being sarcastic in a (lame) attempt to make his point about the race card.