PDA

View Full Version : I would certainly hate to be the smurfs DC this month.

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 09:42 AM
I don' think we can be considered a one dimensional running team anymore. If kevin wilson puts in a couple of plays from the pro 2 back set with AD and either AP or CB in the backfield, and with PT's rollout ability and confidence at a yearly high, short of turning the ball over, we should be able to put 35 or 40 on boise state. with a month to prep, I think our offense will have a trackmeet in this one.

bstuff1979
12/4/2006, 09:48 AM
yeah, if I'm BSU i'm just the slight bit unsettled. you can't really set out to stop the run alone with a 4-3 or 3-4 front w/ man schemes in cov. 2. all that will do is set up the malcolm and germain show, with special guests manuel johnson and joe jon finley. run a pass d and, with it being AD's last game, your going to make the wrong end of a few records. if I were them, and thank all things holy I'm not, I'd run a nickle D with the strong safety playing more of a rover back. in any event, I'd guess that OU will put up around 31 points (maybe more if not for the lag between now and the game) to the smurfs 17.

sooner518
12/4/2006, 11:58 AM
has OU played 2 back set at all this year? I dont remember us ever using that, although I think it would be effective, especially faking to AD and running AP the other way

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 12:06 PM
.... all that will do is set up the malcolm and germain show...

Jermaine Gresham gets a show after 8 catches all year?

I think I'd rather be the BSU DC than the BSU OC...

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 12:13 PM
has OU played 2 back set at all this year? not that I've seen except for the fullback as lead blocker. I think our O-staff is a little worried about PT's ball handling ability, with faking. why, I don't know. although they're trying to keep it as simple as possible for him. I for one, would like to see 2 or 3 new wrinkles in the running game come jan 1st, and just let the dogs loose. whether or not that's necessary against the boise state defense, I don't have a clue. the corn just absolutely shut our running game down. I think PT could've rolled out at least a dozen times in a row and completed 12 out-routes against that corn midget, at least until his arm got tired. if AD plays, then I think you'll see some new adaptions to get him passed the LOS and running downhill for the record.

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 12:18 PM
I think I'd rather be the BSU DC than the BSU OC... the smurfs QB better have his head on a swivel with nick and lendy lurking. we need to catch him in a backside blitz early and give him a case of the happy feet. if nick ever gets a chance to unload like lendy did against harrell, then he's going to need a cart.

bstuff1979
12/4/2006, 12:50 PM
Jermaine Gresham gets a show after 8 catches all year?

I think I'd rather be the BSU DC than the BSU OC...

Yeah, Gresham isn't even close to being PT's #2 guy but I think the Fiesta Bowl could be his break-out game. With the matchup issues that BSU will have, they're going to let at least one guy do his thing on O while (one would assume) always having a linebacker man-up on AD and playing some kind of constant cover 2 to deal with the play-action. This opens up some opportunities for the slot guy/fullback/te's. Zaslaw isn't the best recieving fullback and with AD back OU should play more ace/2 te sets. All that being said, I think either Joe Jon or Gresham will have a huge game.