PDA

View Full Version : someone posted BV & KW were on the coaches' show with 70/30 last night

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 08:36 AM
anyone got a you tube of the finer moments of that friendly chat? or did everything go smooth? :pop:

stoopified
12/4/2006, 09:04 AM
Don't have youtube of it but it went okay.Wilson commented when OU was on offense,Venables when we were on defense as you would expect.Kevin and Brent were both nervous doing the show,noticeably so.Bob was reported to be taking care of busines in NYC,I think.

tbl
12/4/2006, 09:38 AM
Why would it be a tense exchange?

Blues1
12/4/2006, 10:25 AM
Why was Bob in NYC -- The Hiesman....??

picasso
12/4/2006, 10:49 AM
Don't have youtube of it but it went okay.Wilson commented when OU was on offense,Venables when we were on defense as you would expect.Kevin and Brent were both nervous doing the show,noticeably so.Bob was reported to be taking care of busines in NYC,I think.
I didn't think they were nervous as much as they were tired, and hoarse from the weekend. That and the fact that Dean is a dufus and poorly directed the affair.
They would be rambling on when a key play in the game would happen and miss commmenting on it at the proper time.

And what's with those chairs they were sitting in? Bar stools in a suit on tv, yeah that's frickin comfy. Nothing like having your package squashed and showing off the socks you chose to wear for all to see.

Hey, splurge a little and buy some nice sitting chairs there.

birddog
12/4/2006, 10:51 AM
^^^ squashed packages= gum.

landrun
12/4/2006, 11:10 AM
Hmmm.....

Read this. It sort of makes me nervous about Bob's not being on his own show.
Especially this first link where they talk about flights from Arizona and Norman.

http://hirebobstoops.blogspot.com/
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50860&page=3

btw, I would have started my own thread on this but I guess I haven't posted enough yet?

landrun
12/4/2006, 11:18 AM
Why was Bob in NYC -- The Hiesman....??

Uh oh....

How do you know he was in NYC??

Read this paragraph from the link I posted above..

At 2:36 PM, N803SC left Teterboro and returned to Columbia.

Now…it is well known that Mal Moore (Alabama AD!!) is in New York City (Teterboro) this day for the December 5th NFF Award Ceremony.

Well…at 9:02 AM a plane, N560RM, left Norman, OK (from the OU airport) and arrived in Teterboro, NJ. The plane then stayed for 59 minutes and returned to Norman. That’s just enough time to drop someone off and refuel.

So…that’s a lot of activity, isn’t it?? What if Bob Stoops arrived for the banquet today…what if Bob Stoops met with Mal Moore while the media is chasing after Spurrier, Saban, and Rodriguez…what if Chuck Nienas has done it again. I’ll tell you what…if Bob Stoops is the next coach…the football world will be shocked!

DrZaius
12/4/2006, 11:22 AM
I am not saying he is leaving or not but every NCAA div1 coach is in NYC this week. They do it every year.

Norm In Norman
12/4/2006, 11:24 AM
OMG. Why the hell would Stoops go to Bama? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's a lateral move, except the fans there are nuts-er.

Howzit
12/4/2006, 11:27 AM
OMG. Why the hell would Stoops go to Bama?

For the cool hound's tooth hat?

usmc-sooner
12/4/2006, 11:28 AM
OMG. Why the hell would Stoops go to Bama? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's a lateral move, except the fans there are nuts-er.

because Bama is a bonafide program with 23 NC's. OU's good but I wouldn't call them bonafide.

picasso
12/4/2006, 11:33 AM
never happen. Bob's a Yankee.

:D

landrun
12/4/2006, 11:35 AM
I am not saying he is leaving or not but every NCAA div1 coach is in NYC this week. They do it every year.

Didn't know that. Its good to hear.

picasso
12/4/2006, 11:37 AM
that Bama AD could be up in NYC for them purdy teeter bars.

Paperclip
12/4/2006, 11:55 AM
I can think of other times Bob has missed the show due to recruiting or whatever.

aurorasooner
12/4/2006, 12:22 PM
that Bama AD could be up in NYC for them purdy teeter bars. mike price and him can discuss old times.

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 01:31 PM
Anyone think Bob needed to miss the show to avoid finally dropping a right hook to Deano? How Stoops and his staff keep from pummeling that guy is mindboggling. Dean's interview with AD shown last night was bush-league at best.

After the war of words the last couple of weeks, did Dean still pump out his chest at Kevin Wilson or was he in standard kiss-arse mode?

starrca23
12/4/2006, 01:37 PM
What happened with Dean and Kevin?

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83116&highlight=dean+wilson