PDA

View Full Version : I gotta say this..

SelmaBamaFan
12/4/2006, 08:31 AM
If Coach Stoops doesnt win the national coach of the year for this season, there really is a media bias. The way Stoops adapted his coaching style to his team's strengths was a thing of beauty. Also, if the Sooners had played Nebraska for the BIG XII Championship the first game of the year, I dont think you guys win. However, you guys got better and better each week... ESPECIALLY on defense.

So here's to Coach Stoops, SelmaBamaFan's coach of the year!

fadada1
12/4/2006, 08:37 AM
i hope you're right, but i think the wake forest coach has it wrapped up, imo.

SelmaBamaFan
12/4/2006, 08:39 AM
Considering the competition each team had to face, Stoops wins hands down.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2006, 09:16 AM
Rutgers and Wake have great reason to wave coach of the year banner for outstanding seasons, but I think you have a point. Stoops adapted the team 's play several times this year.

If he could have tought them to hang on to the damned football, we'd probably be undefeated... well, except for the Oregon game.

tbl
12/4/2006, 09:29 AM
I've had Husker fans giving props today and saying the same thing. Coach of the year should be a lock... but it won't be. :mad:

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
12/4/2006, 09:45 AM
I bleed crimson and cream like everybody else, but I must say, I think the Wake coach or the guy from Rutgers deserve it hands down. Stoops did a great job with what he had to fight through. But he still had talent to spare. Wake is a basketball school and Rutgers is...well Rutgers. Love Bob, but I have to go with one of those two guys.

freshchris05
12/4/2006, 09:47 AM
I bleed crimson and cream like everybody else, but I must say, I think the Wake coach or the guy from Rutgers deserve it hands down. Stoops did a great job with what he had to fight through. But he still had talent to spare. Wake is a basketball school and Rutgers is...well Rutgers. Love Bob, but I have to go with one of those two guys.

true but i could take a womens hockey team and win the big east...

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 10:03 AM
I think Rutgers gets it.
It's hard to look over the fact they have have almost won half the games they have won this decade...THIS season.

In reality, OU did what it was predicted to do. Just not in as dominating a manner as expected. Stoops adjusted to bad circumstances, but the reality of it all is the defense finally stepped up to it's billing. Our offense did not really kill people, the defense did.

GoState
12/4/2006, 10:15 AM
I'm surprised that Graham from Rice didn't get any national love. He took Rice from 1-10 last year to 7-5 and a bowl appearance this year. Rice, for crying out loud. Having said that, every other coach mentioned in this thread did a helluva job this year. After the UT loss, Bob has certainly gotten OU to play better every single week. OU's Big 12 CG defensive performance was really stout and the offense did what was needed to win.

OK_Sooner
12/4/2006, 11:28 AM
Stoops should get the honors this year but will be at Bama next year for NC run.

TUSooner
12/4/2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think you can whine and cry "media bias" unless maybe Tressel gets it.
Bob did his best job and would be a very deserving winner, but the guys at Wake Forest and Rutgers practically pulled their winning teams out of magic hat, so I wouldn't be all bent out of shape if either of them won.

By the way, behold the Stupidest Post of the Year (in a year in which the Football Board has produced a bumper crop of blue-chip dorkery):

Stoops should get the honors this year but will be at Bama next year for NC run.

<shakes head>

Piware
12/4/2006, 12:56 PM

Please don't start that bs again. Coach Stoops isn't going anywhere.

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 01:06 PM
By the way, behold the Stupidest Post of the Year (in a year in which the Football Board has produced a bumper crop of blue-chip dorkery):

Agreed

starrca23
12/4/2006, 01:45 PM
Wake played in a league that was way down this year. I expect the guy from Rutgers to win it even though it should be Coach Stoops.

SelmaBamaFan
12/4/2006, 03:15 PM
I think OK_Sooner is just trying to rag me. Apparently some drunk *** Bama fan thinks Stoops is gonna come. And ofcourse, those type of people represent the entire Bama Nation!!!

ArkanSooner
12/4/2006, 04:01 PM
If Grobe or Schiano get it over Stoops, it wouldn't bother me much.

If it's anyone other than those two or Stoops, something is seriously wrong with the voters.

frankensooner
12/4/2006, 04:27 PM
The Petersen guy from Boise State did pretty good for a first year coach.

Scott D
12/4/2006, 06:34 PM
i hope you're right, but i think the wake forest coach has it wrapped up, imo.

I believe one version of it has already been decided for Greg Schiano.

shavedmarmoset
12/4/2006, 08:33 PM
You really have to nitpick to choose between those three. Since I don't know all the facts about Rutgers and Wake Forest, I won't nitpick. I'll be fine with whatever decision the voters make (not that I won't be rooting for Stoops!)

Texas Golfer
12/4/2006, 09:29 PM
I'd like for Bob Stoops to win that honor but it's not a lock.

In any case, after we beat BSU, I think we should have a National Championship Parade and get National Championship rings for our players and coaching staffs like Auburn did a couple of years back. Without the UO SNAFU, it's possible that we'd be playing for the title (he said tongue in cheek).

Edmond Sooner
12/4/2006, 09:33 PM
I can't say I know much about the Wake Forest situation, but after all OU has had to endure this year - the Oregon nonsense, losing the best running back in the country, etc. - I would hope Coach Stoops would get some consideration for that award. He certainly deserves it, IMO.

Tidefan36854
12/4/2006, 09:53 PM
If Coach Stoops doesnt win the national coach of the year for this season, there really is a media bias. The way Stoops adapted his coaching style to his team's strengths was a thing of beauty. Also, if the Sooners had played Nebraska for the BIG XII Championship the first game of the year, I dont think you guys win. However, you guys got better and better each week... ESPECIALLY on defense.

So here's to Coach Stoops, SelmaBamaFan's coach of the year!

Selma - get your tougue out of Bob's arse. It's not gonna help. HE IS NOT COMING TO ALABAMA!!!! :P