PDA

View Full Version : Final Coaches' Ballots Table

Jewstin
12/4/2006, 06:15 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted -- I didn't spot it anywhere else here. Check it out:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2006/flash.htm

It's a flash file featuring a table of all the voters in the coaches poll and what they voted in their final ballots (Tressel is missing, obviously, but so is Pete Carroll -- not sure why). You can sort it by an individual coaches' poll or by team.

Mouse over us on the left hand-side and prepare for a bit of hilarity:

- Phil Fulmer put us @ #11
- Greg Schiano put us @ #13
... and best of all, 'Schmell'enberger @ #18.

Schnelly also put LSU at #15. Even though I despise Miles and the tigers, that is nonetheless a ridiculous sorting. Guess he's hitting the sauce pretty hard this time of the year.

Some other interesting/uplifting numbers:

- Georgia's Richt put us @ #5
- Mike Leach put us @ #4 (I always have liked this guy, even if he is nutty)
- Steve Spurrier put us @ #4

Figured some of y'all would get a kick out of seeing that. It's interesting to see how certain conferences align in voting tendencies and how coaches perceive other programs. I wonder how Fulmer/Schiano/Schnorkelberger would explain all the programs above us?

It boggles my mind that the coaches poll is still used in the BCS calculation. Every coach has a personal and team agenda, as does every conference, collectively. It seems illogical to have the people directly affected by the rankings to rank themselves. Then again, I guess I'd rather have people in-the-know doing so instead of self-proclaimed expert analyst desk jockeys. Lesser of two evils, perhaps.

DrZaius
12/4/2006, 06:33 AM
That is the reason why the polls don't work. Why vote at all if you are just going to throw it away like that. Smellyturdburgular is an idiot!

AlbqSooner
12/4/2006, 07:33 AM
Every coach has a personal and team agenda, as does every conference, collectively. It seems illogical to have the people directly affected by the rankings to rank themselves.
According to Tressel this is the reason that he did not vote. I have to wonder if the hatred between tOSu and Mich is so deep that he felt this was the best way to snub them.

XFollower
12/4/2006, 07:39 AM
So do you think schnelly was voting under the influence or are his feelings hurt from history?

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 07:41 AM
Tressell is a puss. Reminds of that 'not yet out of the closet' alphabet guy on the first Survivor. Act like you have a pair and vote idiot.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2006, 08:54 AM
Damn, does Schnelly have an ax to grind or what? They shouldn't be allowed to vote if they can't justify their actions...

Well, I guess he's in the stage where he wants to fight us, but later he'll cry on our shoulders and tell us that we're the best friends he's ever had.

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 09:57 AM
In all fairness, Smelly was likely so drunk when he cast his vote that 18 looked like 8 in his eyes.

props
12/4/2006, 10:18 AM
sure looks like schiano had an agenda. three big easy teams in the top 10?

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 10:35 AM
LOL @ Franchione putting Texas at 22
and LOL @ Leach putting Franchione at 23

Blues1
12/4/2006, 10:47 AM
Coach Stoops put Texas at #20 ---- :)

Geekboy
12/4/2006, 10:56 AM
When I pull up the graphic I can't scroll past Riley on the list of coaches to see how rest voted. There is no scrolling ability. Anybody else having this problem? Nor can I scroll down below Nebraska.

crawfish
12/4/2006, 10:57 AM
Thank goodness we've downgraded the computer polls, it allows ridiculous things to happen like unbiased examination of schedule and win strength. Much better to allow voting coalitions among coaches who may or may not vote based on their like or dislike of certain coaches or institutions. :rolleyes: