PDA

View Full Version : OU and Boise St. - Most Wins this Decade

Octavian
12/4/2006, 02:59 AM
No one has won more games in the '00 decade than Oklahoma.

But Boise St. isn't far behind.

2000-2006

OU: 79 wins (1st in the nation)

Boise St.: 75 wins (2nd in the nation)

'00 Decade: Most Wins (through 2005) (http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=2000&end=2005&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Wins)

No, Boise St. isn't exactly a traditional powerhouse but it doesn't matter what team it is...

2006 isn't just a flash in the pan for the Broncos.

75 wins in 7 seasons is awesome. They know how to win.

It would take a monster of a program to actually top that. ;)

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2272/soonerschoonerqb9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

A chance for OU to win 80 games in 7 seasons. Incredible.

Ash
12/4/2006, 07:43 AM
Nice post Octavian. But don't try to tell anyone on this board that Boise State might be a decent team (even though you think OU can and will win), apparently that makes you dumba$$.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/4/2006, 08:40 AM
Still, not very many people want to see this matchup. Only Wake vs Louisville will be ignored more.

OklaPony
12/4/2006, 08:54 AM
Still, not very many people want to see this matchup. Only Wake vs Louisville will be ignored more.
Yaknow, I'm not so sure about that. I think there's going to be a great deal of interest in this game just for the fact that BSU is finally going to get the opportunity to prove themselves against a major-conference champion. They feel that they've been overlooked for years and the media should (and probably will) be hyping that like crazy. I think it's intriguing as hell and I'm anxious to see how the Broncos match up against us.

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 10:23 AM
These stts confirm that the RRS is the greatest most important game in football this decade.
Those Decade Wins stats can be misleading. Lets analyze the top 3 schools and see just where those wins came from.

1. Oklahoma 79
2. Boise State 75
3. Texas 74

Oklahomas wins came against 31 different opponents. Texas and Boise's came against 25. OU lost to 11 different Teams, Boise and Texas 10.
Let's look at the Programs Boise has beaten..

BOISE STATE vicitms this Decade[/I]
The Best...

Oregon State
Wyoming
Hawaii
Utah
Fresno State
Nevada
UTEP
Tulsa
Iowa State
TCU

the rest....

Sacramento State
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico St
Idaho
San Jose St
Utah St
Arkansas St
North Texas
E.Washington
C. Michigan
Northern Iowa
Nw Mexico
Rice
SMU
Idaho St.
Teams that victimized Boise St
Arkansas
Louisville
South Carolina
Washington State
Rice
Boston College
fresno St
Oregon St.
Georgia
Louisiana Tech

WHORNS Victims this Decade
The Best...

Oklahoma
LSU
USC
Michigan
Ohio State
Arkansas
Kansas State
Washington
Nebraska
Texas Tech

the rest...

North Texas
Rice
Iowa State
Sam Houston State
Baylor
Oklahoma State
U-LALA
Missouri
Colorado
Kansas
Texas A&M
NM State
Tulane
North Carolina
Houston

Teams that vicitmized the shortwhorns this decade
Oklahoma
Kansas State
A&M
Arkansas
WSU
Tech
Colrado
Stanford
Oregon

SOONER VICTIMS

The best...

Texas
Alabama
Arkansas
Oregon
Florida State
UCLA
Washington State
Tech
Nebraska
Washington

the rest..

UAB
Middle Tennessee
Iowa St
Colorado
Missouri
A&M
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
Kansas
Bowling Green
Houston
North Texas
Fresno State
Tulsa
UTEP
South Florida
North Carolina
Air Force
Arkansas St
Rice

Teams that beat us this decade

Whoregon
Texass
Texass Christian
SUC
SUCLA
Texass Tech
Kansass State
LSUck
lOSUr
Texass A&M
NebrASSka

Looking at who the wins are against and who they lost to. I am not impressed with Boise State. We would be undefeated for the decade if we were them. and dare I say it, I think Texass wins and record are more impressive than the Broncos.

And if ever in doubt..LOOK AT THE TEN BEST PROGRAMS BOISE BEAT THIS DECADE

Octavian
12/4/2006, 11:46 AM
Looking at who the wins are against and who they lost to. I am not impressed with Boise State. We would be undefeated for the decade if we were them.

Of course I'm not saying their '50s Oklahoma or '90s Florida State, but we're not gonna just show up and win...they have a good program and this is their biggest game in school history.

A chance to beat Oklahoma on national tv in a BCS bowl.

btw, from the wins-losses list you posted....couldn't help but notice Boise St. is undefeated against TCU

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 12:09 PM
Im not saying they suck by any means.
They were very impressive when I watched them in 2004 (which I think was the best team they had).

I am just saying, we have gotten where we are today by beating quality people and playing tough games. Im not sure if they are really ready for that we bring to the table. A talented team, with depth.

They have never played a Big 12 team except ISU which is like a Big Sky team on steroids. They have never played a Big 10 team. They have never beat a SEC,ACC or Big East Team.

Who knows though, this is College Football and that's why they play the games. anything can happen. I just hope they are not last years WVU and we are last years Georgia.

badger
12/4/2006, 12:19 PM
They nearly lost to San Diego State... yes, THAT San Diego State. The one with THAT coach.

EDIT: I meant San Jose State, which is an even worse team than San Diego State. Here is a complete breakdown of the teams that ALMOST beat them:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/news/story?id=2685369

soonermeteor
12/4/2006, 12:55 PM
I just hope Boise State was watching Saturday night. With all this talk about underestimating them, you better hope they don't dare underestimate us. Im sure Harris would love to steal someone else's thunder.

Soonermagik
12/4/2006, 01:07 PM
If we played in their conference we would go undefeated every season. What is the point of this post?? They beat teams like rice, new mexico st, etc.. give me a break. Who have these guys beaten???????

Soonermagik
12/4/2006, 01:08 PM
BTW, I don't even know the points, but if anyone wants them pm me asap!!!

OU Adonis
12/4/2006, 01:10 PM
A couple of points

1) We ALMOST lost to baylor at home last year. Almost losing doesn't mean jack @!#!@.

2) They have beaten EVERYONE they have played this year. How are they supposed to beat teams they haven't played.

Would you do a 1 and 1 series with BSU if you were OU? No.

royalfan5
12/4/2006, 01:13 PM
They nearly lost to San Diego State... yes, THAT San Diego State. The one with THAT coach.

EDIT: I meant San Jose State, which is an even worse team than San Diego State. Here is a complete breakdown of the teams that ALMOST beat them:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/news/story?id=2685369
SJSU is 8-4 and bowl bound, SDSU is 3-9 and lost to 1-AA team. I think SJSU is a little better. Dick Tomey has done a hell of a job with the Spartans.

bar4d
12/4/2006, 01:15 PM
Big Ike...the 2004 Bronco team is the same team playing you folks in the Fiesta Bowl Jan 1. They were all freshmen and and a few sophs then. All seniors now with the addition of a few good players like Ian Johnson.

Octavian
12/4/2006, 01:44 PM
What is the point of this post??

old theme: respect your opponent.

The underlying point is that OU is putting together an absurd decade. 80 wins in 7 seasons is downright stupid good. With 3 years left, we have a chance to win more games than any program in any decade...ever.

The more obvious one is that while Boise St. is certainly not a traditional power from a major conference, they haven't lost this year. And they've been winning for awhile.

Should we beat them? Absolutely.

This is a classic David-Goliath matchup. We should roll.

But the one way the Davids of the world actually win is when they're overlooked and not respected by the Goliaths.

Thankfully, we have a leader that understands this (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/news/story?id=2685369)

"It will not be hard for us to focus in on this," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "I look at people's track records. I look at what people have done over a great period of time, and Boise State has been excellent."

I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 5 touchdowns.

But some are acting like a loss is an impossibility....like unthinkable upsets never happen.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9771/4ec1e6710fd3bcb0dc9a50fgx8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Respect your opponent.

starrca23
12/4/2006, 01:49 PM
Can we respect them and still not like them?

Octavian
12/4/2006, 01:51 PM
Can we respect them and still not like them?

We're OU...that's a prerequisite :D

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 01:51 PM
If we win more than anyone ever it will be because we play more games now.
The 70's Sooners won over 100 games and lost the same amount we have already lost this decade.

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 01:57 PM
I think the point that people seem to be somehow missing is that OU has won 79 games this decade, which is more than anyone else... And that's really good. Boise State is 2nd to Oklahoma in that regard, which is really good as well. Perhaps the game can be billed as a matchup "between the two winningest programs of this decade." The end.

Octavian
12/4/2006, 01:58 PM
If we win more than anyone ever it will be because we play more games now.
The 70's Sooners won over 100 games and lost the same amount we have already lost this decade.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7421/alicerabbitholesr7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 02:00 PM
I think the point that people seem to be somehow missing is that OU has won 79 games this decade, which is more than anyone else... And that's really good. Boise State is 2nd to Oklahoma in that regard, which is really good as well. Perhaps the game can be billed as a matchup "between the two winningest programs of this decade." The end.

Agreed. And after we trounce the Broncos and Texas beats Iowa...
We can both head into the RRS next season undefeated, Top 5, the two winningest programs this decade, with National Title, Big 12 Title, recruiting and braggin rights on the line...with Game Day in Dallas and the Eyes of the Nation on us, as we blacken the eyes of Texas. :pop:

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 02:03 PM
Agreed. And after we trounce the Broncos and Texas beats Iowa...
We can both head into the RRS next season undefeated, Top 5, the two winningest programs this decade, with National Title, Big 12 Title, recruiting and braggin rights on the line...with Game Day in Dallas and the Eyes of the Nation on us, as we blacken the eyes of Texas. :pop:

Or they blacken your eyes, depending on how the streak gods feel that day. One thing is almost a given.... the game will not be close at the end.

Luthor
12/4/2006, 02:08 PM
This is the first time I've ever seen a bowl game that should be considered as a trap game. If you beat Boise St by a big margin then it's because you should have. If you win by a narrow margin the media will applaud the little people for their bravery and laud their program as up and coming.

BTW, I'm not saying this just because you guys are playing them instead of us. It would be the same in our case as well. Either way I hope the Sooners beat the liv'n dog crap out of those guys and throw it back in the face of the politically correct.

BIG_IKE
12/4/2006, 02:08 PM
I dont see us losing to them next year.

Boise State Penguin
12/4/2006, 04:23 PM
We should be playing Ohio State, not you guys.

CORNholio
12/4/2006, 04:32 PM
Tater penguin!!!!!!!!!!!

OklaPony
12/4/2006, 04:36 PM
So, you're saying that you're disappointed at the prospect of playing the Big 12 Champs (and one of the most respected college football institutions to boot) on national television? Good grief, you gotta walk before you can run and in the world of college football you're just toddling right now.

Fraggle145
12/4/2006, 05:49 PM
Please Neg Bomb me to death

Fixed. God I HATE this guy.

Boise Bandit
12/4/2006, 05:57 PM
If we played in their conference we would go undefeated every season. What is the point of this post?? They beat teams like rice, new mexico st, etc.. give me a break. Who have these guys beaten???????

So far this year . . . everyone we've played. ;)

proudsoonergal
12/4/2006, 06:25 PM
Throw out all the record books!!!! It's OKLAHOMA versus BOISE STATE for all the CHIPS!!!! :D

soonerloyal
12/4/2006, 06:44 PM

:eek:
I seriously want to know...who the hell on here is giving this bird green 'spek points?! Egad.
:confused:

Boise Bandit
12/4/2006, 06:45 PM

12-0!!
12-0!!
12-0!!

soonerloyal
12/4/2006, 06:48 PM
Ohhhhh...TROLL 'spek...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

shavedmarmoset
12/4/2006, 08:13 PM
12-0!!
12-0!!
12-0!!

Haha. I respect you for coming on to this board but you beat how many ranked opponents this year? We beat three, not counting the Oregon game.