PDA

View Full Version : I think our biggest foe with Boise State...

Soonerus
12/4/2006, 01:09 AM
...is taking them seriously...let's face it they went 12-0 they are probably pretty good and we will need to play well to win...if we approach it as a cakewalk we may have our hands full....this OU team has shown brilliant resiliency and they need to keep that up against Boise, we'll be favored ect... it is a little bit of a trap game (Nothing to gain) but we need to get the job done one more time, like we have all year

tbl
12/4/2006, 01:10 AM
Nothing to gain?

Spanish Sooner
12/4/2006, 01:13 AM
I'm sure that even though us as a fan base aren't taking Boise State seriously that the football team and Stoops is. And really thats all that matters.

TrophyCollector
12/4/2006, 01:14 AM
Their D line is undersized and we will be punishing them with the ground game. Our biggest challenge will be to hang onto the ball as we are tied for the NCAA lead in lost fumbles.

Soonerus
12/4/2006, 01:16 AM
Nothing to gain?

...to the extent we are clearly expected to win and any other result will seem like a total failure...a win is expected and I believe will occur so we will gain some with a win...

Sco
12/4/2006, 01:20 AM
Boise State? That team is WAC!

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/not_another_teen_movie/_group_photos/chris_evans24.jpg

Jewstin
12/4/2006, 02:29 AM
Honestly, I don't see this being a problem. It lingered in my head after the 2003/2004 seasons, but then it occurred to me that these aren't the same group of guys that blew off USC and completely underestimated Kansas State. (Not saying the great players of those years necessarily did, but it always felt that way to me.)

I loved those teams, but these guys have a certain number of intangibles that tell me it's not going to happen again, between that and our coaching staff.

Also, I do concur about it being perceived as a lose-lose scenario ... but then I remind myself that win/loss records, championships, and BCS trophies are indiscriminate of media bias. :)

OU_Sooners75
12/4/2006, 06:34 AM
...is taking them seriously...let's face it they went 12-0 they are probably pretty good and we will need to play well to win...if we approach it as a cakewalk we may have our hands full....this OU team has shown brilliant resiliency and they need to keep that up against Boise, we'll be favored ect... it is a little bit of a trap game (Nothing to gain) but we need to get the job done one more time, like we have all year

Seriously, STFU!

Stoops has not led this group of youngsters to a 12-1 record by overlooking every opponent.

Trust me, OU will be ready to play against a VERY overrated Boise Staet team!

the cakewalk talk is from us, the fans, not the players or coaches of either team!

OU_Sooners75
12/4/2006, 06:38 AM
it is a little bit of a trap game (Nothing to gain)...

Nothing to gain?

LOL...what, if we lose, we will become the laughing stock of American Sports. Meaning we let a first time BCS Bowl team beat us that is a Mid Major. Meaning that we lost 3 straight BCS bowl game.

WE DONT LOSE THREE BIG TIME BOWL GAMES (bcs=) IN A ROW and NEVER HAVE!

So, why start now?

JohnnyMack
12/4/2006, 09:38 AM
This thread rules.